BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 131 - 140 of 312 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: new study on running shoes
At first I thought they were comparing barefoot running to shoe running. They’re not :( From the article “The runners were never completely barefoot; when unshod, they wore thin yoga socks t...

In GEAR » new study on running shoes
March 22, 12:19pm

Re: Vamp Sold pending funds
Robert, I’m struggling with this site. I don’t know how to read my PMs. Did you send me one? I can’t even see the PMs I sent. I don’t have the details of sending you money. Thank you, -...

In Gear Swap » Modified SMD Vamp Tarp w/ Perimeter Netting
March 22, 9:35am

Re: The basic math behind Christianity...
Whew, this caused a lot of posts! So my thoughts will be but a dust particle in this instant mass of words. Back to the OP. My thoughts are Christian biased. These are not facts but what I see and ...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 21, 3:43pm

Re: How do you pack a blow up mattress?
“How do you pack your blow up type mattress?” I roll my short neoair. I fold it lengthwise in 3rds and then roll. This is the way it came from Thermarest. I tried: 1. rolling after foldin...

In GEAR » How do you pack a blow up mattress?
March 21, 11:27am

Re: Modified SMD Vamp Tarp w/ Perimeter Netting
PM sent.

In Gear Swap » Modified SMD Vamp Tarp w/ Perimeter Netting
March 21, 9:57am

Re: What's a good, compressable 3 season sleeping bag?
“… highly compressable is a huge plus.” My 20F Zpack regualar quilt with zipper compresses easily to 7” diam x 12” tall. So for a tall thin guy a 30F Zpack tall (special order for...

In GEAR » What's a good, compressable 3 season sleeping bag?
March 19, 4:47pm

Re: FS Squall 2
2nd on list. Thanx, -Barry

In Gear Swap » FS Squall 2
March 15, 5:00pm

Re: Socks - loose or snug? Cushion or no cushion?
“a little loose, or a little snug?” I like them snug so they don’t slip off my foot. I like thick to add cushioning and padding. I like wool in the winter. I stay away from wool (any ty...

In GEAR » Socks - loose or snug? Cushion or no cushion?
March 14, 4:51pm

Re: Would you ever go from a Exped UL 7 to a foam pad?
“…not really as a weight savings so much as a hassle savings…” I wonder if that’s a typical UL wish. I want a CCF that’s as comfy as my short neoair and packs just as small. Then I ...

In GEAR » Would you ever go from a Exped UL 7 to a foam pad?
March 14, 10:41am

Re: Titanium Cookware weight breakdown
“…the pot is 4.35oz The fry pan is 2.25 oz (which I never bring or use). On the snow peak site they list the set as 7.4oz ????? That is over an ounce difference. The stow sack only weighs 0.4 o...

In GEAR » Titanium Cookware weight breakdown
March 13, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.