BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 131 - 140 of 1289 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: My UL Summer Gear List 2 days
Looks good. I personally wouldn't pack any clothing other than the windshirt and sleeping socks.

In Gear Lists » My UL Summer Gear List 2 days
July 18, 12:42am

Re: So many tents!!!!!! (and Hi! I am new here)
Have you considered getting your son a hammock and setting up a dual hang under the same large tarp? I swing (ha ha) back and forth between using a hammock and a tent, and I'm thinking abou...

In GEAR » So many tents!!!!!! (and Hi! I am new here)
July 11, 11:17am

Re: 43 Miles on the Black Forest Trail
I enjoyed the report and the photos! I hope to do a trip here sometime. Any issues with bugs while sleeping?

In Post-Trip Reports » 43 Miles on the Black Forest Trail
July 08, 10:49am

Paracord purpose
"yes, but actual survival? I can think of a few things more important than paracord. As a matter of fact, it's one of the things I tend to leave behind on my trips. I rarely even bring cor...

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 22, 11:47am

Re: Ventilation in double wall tents
Mesh inners provide more ventilation. More mesh = more ventilation. For hot, humid conditions, select a shelter which you can leave the fly very open, even during a hard rain. A tarp with either...

In GEAR » Ventilation in double wall tents
May 21, 11:15pm

Re: How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
"jagbag silk sleeping liner and the MH Ghost whisperer down jacket (unhooded) can add to a sleeping bag" I've never tried either, but I'd guess around +10F. "how many m...

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 21, 11:06pm

Re: Confusion
Inflatables are probably not the best choice for a trek of this length. That leaves CCF pads, which are not available in thicknesses which would allow one to take only one pad. Also, lack of snow i...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad
May 21, 2:48pm

Re: How to reach 5F with pad, sleeping bag, liner, down jacket, hat and long underwear
Estimates for an average metabolism female based on my experience as a slightly higher than average metabolism male: Pad: 1 RidgeRest Solar full length (r-value 3.5) 1 RidgeRest Solar torso le...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad
May 21, 1:52pm

Re: ULA Circuit - A Successful Navy Blue Dyeing Session
Nice-looking pack! I had similar results dyeing a GG Gorilla from gray to green. I used a 5 gallon bucket, and I did any rinsing and washing in that also.

In GEAR » ULA Circuit - A Successful Navy Blue Dyeing Session
May 21, 1:36pm

Stove for long trip
For a trip of that length, I'd recommend using a small cooking fire when possible. That means you'll need the skills, tools and knowledge to build a fire in all environments and conditions....

In GEAR » Wood-burning stove, denatured alcohol stove or a Solid-fuel tablet stove?
May 21, 9:04am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.