Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 131 - 140 of 305 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: QR codes - smaller is better.
I really like Art's mock-up - small, noticeable, efficient. My own emphasis is "small" is good. Prototype #3 above is getting there, but IMO, it's still too big. In my time with n...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 17, 5:10pm

Re: Re: ?
Are you saying that all synthetic bags use shells that are loosely woven, and thus, are more susceptible to water penetration than those used for down shells? Shouldn't we also take into ...

In GEAR » Down sleeping bag dries much more quickly than synthetic bag.
June 17, 12:43pm

Re: Can Easton stakes hold up to heat?
The Vargo Hexagon stove works great as it is; size your firewood so it sits at an angle, level with the top but not above (touching the pan). If you're intent on using stakes, opt for titanium.

In Multiple Use Gear » Can Easton stakes hold up to heat?
June 16, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Really helpful on uphill sections
Among the other uses--whether I'm going up or down--poles help my knees. I'll not be leaving them at home.

In Philosophy & Technique » Poles are a burden?
June 16, 7:10am

Re: thats it!!!!
>" looks like i am gonna have to make a little alky stove :( I really really did not want to carry a stove!<" Perhaps you could carry a few Esbit tabs and use a few small rocks (...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 9:20am

Re: All good thoughts
Have you considered making coffee the ol' Cowboy method? Can't get much lighter than that! Here's a good article that covers the basics and some options: http://www.backpackinglight....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 8:59am

Re: Cleaning platypus hose
Black? That's gettin' your use out of an item! ;) My first thought is to feed some kind of thin cordage through the length of the hose, using that to pull a "scrubber" of some ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cleaning platypus hose
June 15, 7:20am

Re: Doug in a Kilt
>"Who votes that Doug Ide should adopt a kilt as his hiking garb?<" +1. Just as long as he uses the modesty snap when he's lounging on his cuben camp stool. Jon - I love...

In GEAR » "Intended for experienced tarp campers"
June 14, 8:57am

Re: Wise or Wuss?
>"One of the things I realized this trip is just how much the ticking of trekking poles on rock must do to let critters know that we're coming. The Mid State Trail can be exceptionally ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wise or Wuss?
June 13, 11:49am

Re: Wise or Wuss?
I think you were wise. Had it been some non-venomous serpent, then I think we'd have to call you Wuss. The snake could have easily been content hanging out by your hammock for the duration o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wise or Wuss?
June 13, 7:57am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.