Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brad Groves (4quietwoods) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly longer trips without resupply, in what usually seems to be cold and wet conditions. Over two decades of backcountry travel including backpacking and canoe tripping. I consider Marquette to be my home, but I currently live down-state. Many years as a buyer in specialty outdoor retail.
My PDF Gear Listalways changing

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brad Groves

Showing 131 - 140 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: nPower PEG- energy from motion
From our summer OR coverage: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/orsm2010_day_3_treasure_hunt.html They're also working on lighter-weight models, but this could still...

In GEAR » nPower PEG- energy form motion
October 25, 4:14pm

Re: Re: How do you load your pack?
"Since most of use have rather light loads, optimum distribution for weight carrying is not a major concern most of the time." Gotta disagree with that. Let's see, we'll put...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 2:40pm

Clumping
Two ways: 1) body oils built up on down, not washed enough based on frequency of use --this has been my most noticed problem. if you over-wash a down bag you can strip the natural oils off, ...

In GEAR » Fixing down clumps in a sleeping bag?
October 22, 2:27pm

Re: Tube of carbon?
"solid, but porous, block of material" yup. to tell you the truth, I'm not 100% sure that's the way the FP is set up, but it's my recollection. I know the Hiker/MW/etc us...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 21, 5:44pm

Re: Charcoal size?
Gary, carbon filter elements are "solid," not pieces/powder. A tube of carbon, if you will...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 21, 5:20pm

Re: Sarvis SL1 eVent - end of the line?
My brain died. Need coffee. I was thinking 2, obviously. Ah well. Fly Creek 2 perhaps?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sarvis SL1 eVent - end of the line?
October 21, 3:03pm

Re: Latest LNT Technology
"I used to carry some, but could never find it when I needed it..." "Product includes scent-blocking activated carbon, the same technology seen in hunting apparel..." &quo...

In Chaff » Latest LNT Technology
October 21, 2:49pm

Re: Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
I can see where a few millenia of evolution could have the upper hand on a couple decades of human tinkering... ;)

In GEAR » Synthetics should have caught or surpassed down by now!! Try harder
October 21, 2:12pm

Re: Sarvis SL1 eVent - end of the line?
if the seam tape failed, you can pretty much count on replacement, not repair. I suspect the reason nothing else is quite like this is that other designs do the same job better... The Seedho...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sarvis SL1 eVent - end of the line?
October 21, 2:04pm

Re: Hi
I would want more down in the jacket for those temps, Ice Fall definitely the minimum... If you're making that kind of investment anyway, a bit more for a warmer jacket would probably be a good...

In GEAR » Winter Down Parka recommendations
October 21, 10:33am

All Reader Reviews by Brad Groves

Brad Groves has posted no reviews.