Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 131 - 140 of 11755 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: bulk down
I've purchased that down from Wilderness Logics before. It was pretty good. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » bulk down
November 30, 11:23am

Re: Re: large size ziplocks on Amazon
David, first of all, simply leaving food like that out within some of the national parks would have the feds down on you. If you just want to attract black bears, then try using some Oil of Anise (...

In Gear Deals » large size ziplocks on Amazon
November 29, 12:30am

Re: Re: Fatty Coffee for Breakfast
Olive oil is a healthier fat, mostly monounsaturated, and that is desired. Unfortunately, the normal olive oil flavor isn't going to cut it with me, at least not in a beverage. You might check ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fatty Coffee for Breakfast
November 28, 5:12pm

Re: goretex vs event
Most Goretex fabric is going to be slightly heavier than eVent fabric. However, there is so little fabric used in a pair of mitts that it doesn't matter much. I don't use trekking poles ...

In Make Your Own Gear » What to Use for Gaiter Hooks?
November 28, 5:03pm

Re: Fatty Coffee for Breakfast
You said Ghee. That's OK. In Nepal, they have a drink called Sherpa Tea. It starts with ordinary black tea and hot water. Then they add salt and some yak butter. I did not like it one bit. By t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fatty Coffee for Breakfast
November 28, 3:57pm

Re: First solo MYOG Project - Insulated Tyvek undermitts
I made some mitts similar to this last winter. You use the fabric remnants that you have. The shell was fashioned out of cuben fiber (about 5 grams for the pair), and then I made two sets of polyes...

In Make Your Own Gear » First solo MYOG Project - Insulated Tyvek undermitts
November 27, 4:02pm

Re: When is a frameless pack practical?
I use a Zpacks Blast, which has no frame. It works fine for me with a total load up to 35 pounds, although I normally keep the total to 25 pounds. It has a lumbar pad to help out. --B.G.--

In GEAR » When is a frameless pack practical?
November 26, 11:46am

Re: jmt list
"Yosemite and SEKI expressly allow alcohol now, but Inyo still has the meaningless wording for fire restrictions." We got that cleared up last summer. Inyo straightened out. The only r...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2015: Preparing Way Too Early
November 25, 10:08pm

Re: wow...thanks for all the great suggestions!
"old school rolled oats with some things added to it " Add some crushed nuts, some coconut shreds, and some brown sugar. That will get you started. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cant stand oatmet for breakfast anymore...ideas?
November 25, 5:24pm

Re: Pushing Too Hard
Once I am hiking for any period of time, most of my blood is devoted toward servicing my large muscles. As a result, there isn't much left to go for digestion starting at the stomach. If I eat ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nausea & Throwing Up
November 25, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.