BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 131 - 140 of 10343 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...1035

Forum » Thread

Re: Guided trips
A bunch of us were going to do a big mountain one time. The discussion came down to whether or not we should hire guides. The unanimous decision was NO. We flew there, climbed the mountain, and had...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
April 01, 12:03pm

Re: Re: CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
Now we have to translate the snowpack into what that means for early-season trails. --B.G.--

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
April 01, 11:50am

Re: SMC
"A 9.5" SMC snow stake is a little over $1.50" In some places, they cost even $1.95. That is what I've been using for several years now. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Deca Spades
April 01, 11:45am

Kids, don't do this at home!
If you want to get an exciting introduction to this sport, take an ordinary BIC lighter and throw it in a campfire. Then instantly jump behind a tree. Ka-blow! You know, you could probably put a...

In Philosophy & Technique » What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
April 01, 12:43am

Re: Miller Charger/Power supply
"The power supply is over-discharge protected" That makes more sense than the words you wrote before. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Goal Zero Switch 8 Portable Recharger or alternative
April 01, 12:13am

Re: Re: Possibly unusual headlamp question
"Charging batteries together, even in pairs, severely shortens their life." Some really good chargers have independent battery channels, and they monitor the state of the batteries ind...

In GEAR » Possibly unusual headlamp question
March 31, 10:41pm

Re: oximeter...
I don't have any fancy oximeter with data logging. Mine is a dinky little thing smaller than my fist. I stick my finger in it, and it lightly clamps to the fingertip. I push the ON button, a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » INSANE dreams and improved sleep while at high altitude.
March 31, 10:36pm

Re: Hrm
If you are going during prime season, then Guitar Lake can be very crowded since it is the most strategic spot to camp for an early morning stroll up to the summit. There are some other ponds and s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Whitney zone #2
March 31, 10:23pm

Re: Miller Charger/power supply...
"It shuts off before the batteries are over-charged and won't deplete the battery to a point that it won't recharge." Mike, the charger should never deplete a battery. Chargers...

In GEAR » Goal Zero Switch 8 Portable Recharger or alternative
March 31, 10:13pm

Re: INSANE dreams and improved sleep while at high altitude.
I won't say anything about insanity, but some pharmaceuticals can cause vivid dreams for sure. I have a list of those around here somewhere. I've seen people who were taking some kind of qu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » INSANE dreams and improved sleep while at high altitude.
March 31, 10:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.