BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 131 - 140 of 11272 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...1128

Forum » Thread

Re: @ --B.G.-- et al--Esbit vs. Bleuet tabs
"By the way, B.G. said his Bleuet tabs were pink, but mine are a rather sexy rust color--much better than pink..." Gary, when you check color, why don't you remove your sunglasses?...

In GEAR » @ --B.G.-- et al--Esbit vs. Bleuet tabs
August 15, 10:20am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting
I have an idea for baffle design, the Mobius baffle. Instead of having an inside and an outside, it would have only a single side. That would either reduce material or reduce labor. How would I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Delta Karo Step?
August 15, 9:39am

Re: re: Bear Vault
"knots so tight you need bolt cutters to get them off the tree" I wonder where I can buy ultralightweight bolt cutters. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Bear Vault in the Dacks???
August 15, 9:04am

Re: WTB bear canister - small
"Looking for small weekend size, 2 person/2 day is my most common trip." This is not very descriptive, so you might want to state the volume of what you are looking for, e.g. 300 cubic...

In Gear Swap » WTB bear canister - small
August 15, 8:59am

Re: stoves
I had every version of those MSR stoves including the first XGK stoves and I never had to send anything back to MSR. There was nothing in the warranty about that. I can believe that yours plugge...

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
August 14, 12:58pm

Re: Calling all Yosemite veterans
In August, I prepare for freezing temperatures or a few degrees worse. By late September, I prepare for another ten degrees worse than that. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Calling all Yosemite veterans
August 14, 12:45pm

Re: Suggestions for sewing table?
I thought that the standard was a ping pong table surface on top of any other table. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Suggestions for sewing table?
August 13, 12:47am

Re: gps recharging
"the problem is you can't tell if it is working or not till you get home." That is the general problem with any one-way device. No feedback. Spot probably says to keep it on the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 12, 10:18pm

Re: Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
The necessary gear for winter camping in Yosemite varies a lot depending on what you are trying to do. If you camp inside a snow shelter, you are carrying the least weight. The Sierra Nevada met...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some questions about winter camping in the Sierras.
August 12, 9:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thunder: How close is too close?
"am I safer in a forest or out in a grassy field?" Probably in a forest, slightly away from the very tallest trees. In a lightning situation, I have camped in the middle of a dense ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thunder: How close is too close?
August 12, 8:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.