Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 131 - 140 of 12561 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...1257

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB Esbit Tri Wing Stove
The one pictured had a claimed weight of 11 grams. Every one that I have ever seen and every one that I own now has a weight of 14 grams. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Esbit Tri Wing Stove
March 27, 10:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tough
OK. So, your intended pack load will be from 25 to 30 pounds. Personally, I would not be one big afraid of carrying such a load in my Zpacks Blast. I think last summer my biggest load was maybe ...

In GEAR » Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
March 27, 8:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Long-term water usage in California
Tom, in Kentucky the moonshine is liquid. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 27, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Long-term water usage in California
"Let's get working on that pipe from the Columbia River : ) " Please put the intake upstream from Hanford. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 27, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Tough
"I'm not too sure if you missed my response to that Bob, but I usually carry 4lb or so of that around my neck (or rather on my hip)." You stated that you carried something on your ...

March 27, 5:31pm

Re: anodizing
I read the previous postings. However, nearly all of the anodized titanium that I've seen done is of a fairly faint color. Plus, the color that I need is bright enough that I would need to use ...

In Make Your Own Gear » painting titanium
March 27, 5:00pm

Re: Tough
There are some of us who came from a huge pack background. I had to carry a pack one time that was 47% of my body weight. However, we were young and strong then. Now, anytime that I can get my t...

March 27, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Too much water for one ESBIT?
"I didn't realize how unrealistic my expectations were." The standard use calls for one 14-gram cube to boil 500ml or 2 cups of water of indeterminate temperature at indeterminate ...

In Gear Deals » Esbit Burner
March 27, 2:01pm

Re: Wool Hacky Sacks
"I used to use military tropics uniform pants. about half wool half polyester and thin." The non-tropical US Army Class A worsted wool pants had no polyester, so they were warmer. I us...

In Multiple Use Gear » Hacking Wool Slacks?
March 27, 1:49pm

Re: anodising titanium
A few years ago I experimented with anodizing aluminum bottles. So, I am unlikely to go down that rabbit hole again. Anodizing any metal with dyes will work, but there is a lot of expense. That ...

In Make Your Own Gear » painting titanium
March 27, 1:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.