BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 131 - 140 of 11040 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...1104

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: What gear makes you happy?
David, did you know that you can purchase lighters that have no child safety guards? --B.G.--

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 07, 1:54pm

Re: silk liner
There are sources for very thin silk fabric, and sewing a liner out of silk is easy. I think mine ended up less than 2.5 ounces. I don't recall the cost, but it wasn't very much. --B.G.--

In GEAR » silk liner
July 07, 12:54pm

Re: Re: Recharging the SE in the Field
"I should have stayed a Luddite." There are still career opportunities for Luddites. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Eight days backpacking with a DeLorme inReach SE
July 07, 12:51pm

Re: Firmware upgrade...
"This makes me think that Delorme is doing minor tweaks to their software as they go... a bit concerning." Mike, I raised that same concern to the tech support staff last month, and th...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
July 07, 1:11am

Re: What gear makes you happy?
a mini BIC lighter --B.G.--

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 07, 12:21am

Re: Re: Re: Rae Lakes Loop, June 2014
"Lake Reflection" Lake Reflection is very nice from above, but I found that it was best at dawn (sun in the east shining on peaks to the west). East Lake seemed nice in the afternoon, ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop, June 2014
July 06, 5:15pm

Re: New Waterproof lightweight camera help needed fast
You might want to clarify what you are looking for. Waterproof is a term to describe it when you are taking the camera underwater. Weatherproof is a term to describe it when you are operating the c...

In Photography » New Waterproof lightweight camera help needed fast
July 06, 3:37pm

Re: Re: Firmware update 2.6.2
"2.6.24021" That's what I've had for over a month now. I don't think that the thing actually fails, but it does several things that make the user feel that it has failed...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
July 06, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reply to Bob
"It may not amount the professionals" Billy, I don't know what your native language is, but this doesn't make sense in English. If you go into Best Buy, they will tell you o...

In Photography » lightroom vs aperture for a noob
July 06, 3:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reply to Bob
PhotoShop Elements is a low-end program, often free or at low cost. PhotoShop Creative Suite is a high-end program. $$$. PhotoShop does not mean PhotoShop Elements. A completely different subjec...

In Photography » lightroom vs aperture for a noob
July 06, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.