Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Bankhead (wandering_bob) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon, USA
About Me Bob Bankhead has not added a biography yet.
CityLake Oswego
StateOR
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Bankhead

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1327 | Page: 1 ...114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133

Forum » Thread

Dancing Light Gear Tacoma Tarp
Carol (Brawny) Wellman is usually very prompt with replies to product issues. Try emailing her again. She and David (Rainmaker) MAY be out hiking and simply not have gotten your email. Her email...

In GEAR » question for silnyon
June 20, 5:37pm

windscreen caveat
Round off the corners of your metal windscreen so it doesn't accidentally cut through the storage sack and/or your pack itself. Yes, I know you packed it carefully, but remember what the airlines t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windscreen Dynamics and Design
June 14, 4:08pm

Ursack Untethered = STUPID
I used to have an Ursack. The bears (or marmots) will definitely run off with an Ursack if it's not secured to something. You think they put that God-awful spectra cordage on the thing just to frus...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
June 06, 8:27pm

Double Rainbow
The new double Rainbow is supposed to be available this month. Two doors; two vestibules. Basically two Rainbows 180° out of phase. See pictures and details at the Practical Backpacking forums ...

In GEAR » World first. Double Rainbow pics
June 06, 8:18pm

Kelty Cloud/Flight packs
Kelty used to make three versions (capacity) of the all-Spectra nylon UL pack. Only the largest - and most expensive - is still available. According to Kelty, Spectra nylon can not be dyed, hence t...

In Gear Swap » needed KELTY CLOUD 6500 spectra backpack
June 06, 7:37am

Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus
That UL genius, Glen van Peski has done it again! The new Mariposa Plus UL pack is finally here. See it at http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/Mariposa-Plus.html The biggest differe...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus
May 31, 3:31pm

gear I would commit crimes for
or you can get one right now from Fanatic Fringe. They have 30 and 40 degree synthethic quilts in Polarguard3D and Polarguard Delta http://www.fanaticfringe.com/page6.html

In GEAR » gear I would committ crimes for
May 24, 8:12am

WM Aspen
I've had the WM Hooded Aspen for four years now and just love it. It has become my PCT bag of choice. You're right about the convenience of unzipping it completely to make a quilt, although it's...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Aspen Bag
May 08, 5:55pm

MLD Spirit tent
I thought that the reason was that the manufacturer no longer allows eVent to be used for tents. Quoting from the website for Big Agnes (who is selling off their eVent tents for 50%): "Note:...

In GEAR » MLD Spirit tents
April 18, 9:30pm

MLD Spirit Tent
I thought eVent couldn't meet US fire retardent standards. Wasn't that why other tent makers suddenly stopped using it? So how does MLD get around that? I must admit, the prototype pictured on t...

In GEAR » MLD Spirit tents
April 18, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Bankhead

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering The Company
WM products are a 5+ WM the company does not sell direct, only through dealers, ergo end-user contacts would not be expected. Their printed catalogues do list their address and FAX and telephone nu...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 24, 3:33pm

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
I use a lot of Mountain House Pro Packs and as much as I like the flavor and texture of this item, I avoid it like the plague. The overwhelming downside is the cheese they use. It does NOT rehydra...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
October 05, 5:17pm

Mountain House Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
One of my favorite Mountain House meals, albeit a tad too sweet for my taste; too much pineapple, not enough sour sauce. Nonetheless, it makes a great motivator to get to a dinner spot when I know one...

October 03, 6:26pm

Mountain House Precooked Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
I tried these several years ago when they first came out - no bacon in them then. They were horrible! Like a previous reviewer said, virtually flavorless yellow sponges. Last year I noticed they ha...

October 03, 6:21pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I decided not to buy these when they first came out because fully closed they were too long to carry on my pack in checked baggage on the plane, and I really didn't want to hassel with the maili...

In Trekking Poles
September 24, 11:15pm

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
I just returned from 22 nights in the high Sierra on the PCT and JMT. I had two days of constant high winds in Onion Valley, with sustained gusts to at least 50 mph. My trusty Gatewood Cape flapped a ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 24, 9:23am

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
We have TWO Traveler packs. Early in 2008, we were shopping for a new pack for my wife, who has a short 14-1/2 inch torso length. We drove out to Ron's house to try the SMD Essence, but it did not...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 06, 10:35am

Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Sack
In addition to silnylon, Sea to Summit also now makes their Dry Sack line in eVENT fabric, both with and without compression capability. evac Dry Sack: available in 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 35, and 65 lite...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 21, 9:08pm

Therm-A-Rest Ridgerest
This has been my "go-to" sleeping pad for many years on the PCT. I've tried a variety of others but keep returning to this little beauty. It does a great job of insulating one from th...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
May 17, 8:26am

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I have found them to be quite effective in the Sierras the past two summers. I have a Bearikade Expedition, and if you're not careful, the metal edges around the latches can slice an OP sak wh...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 21, 10:07pm