BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1466 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...147

Forum » Thread

example of Powerstretch Hoody
This is an example of a Powerstretch Hoody of similar weight: http://www.cloudveil.com/mens/pullovers/run+dont+walk+hoodie--CV06614/

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 09, 10:00pm

1) R1 Hoody versus Powerstretch Hoody 2) Good merino hoody at same weight
I have always thought technical hoodies made very versatile pieces. I use thin merino for base layers (Ibex) but prefer light fleece for my general purpose midlayer for the weight savings (the mer...

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 09, 8:37pm

Montane Quick Fire Length
Hi Doug, Would you say that the front of the jacket is longer than the ID jacket, of equal length or shorter? Would you say that the front of the jacket is longer than the Montbell Peak Jacke...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Montane eVENT Quick-Fire Jacket REVIEW
April 26, 9:53pm

Length pretty please; including shell length in BPL reviews
I'm eagerly awaiting front and back length. Have a similar shell of similar material which might be a little short for my taste and torso (which is on the long side - I typically fit a L/XL pa...

April 26, 4:46pm

front and back length of eVent Quick-Fire
Doug, It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures - can you (or anyone else that has tried one on) please comment on the length of the jacket in front and back. Is the front length generall...

April 25, 12:45pm

Cocoon PRO 60 Side Zip Pant versus Patagonia Micropuff Pants
And similarly, can any BPL staff or members comment on how the Cocoon PRO 60 Side Zip Pants compare with the very similar Patagonia Micropuff Pants?

In GEAR » Cocoon PRO 60 Side Zip Pant versus Patagonia Micropuff Pants
April 18, 6:11pm

BPL Cocoon PRO 60 Parka versus Montbell Thermawrap
Can any BPL staffers and members comment on how the Cocoon PRO 60 Parka compares with the Montbell Thermawap (both hooded lightweight synthetic insulation tops)? What advantages may the Cocoon Pro...

In GEAR » BPL Cocoon PRO 60 Parka versus Montbell Thermawrap
April 18, 6:06pm

that's the Cloudveil Spinner Pant
That's the Cloudveil Spinner (Intertia Plus) Convertible pant. According to a poster on a similar thread I started on light softshell pants, they are too hot for summer use below tree line (sa...

In GEAR » Can anyone recommend lt softshell stretch zip off convertible pants?
April 13, 6:11pm

RailRiders
Sam, the Winter Weatherpant looks heavy and on the warm side - have you ever seen anything from RR that's light and stretchy?

In GEAR » Best light 3-4 season softshell pants: Cloudveil Prospector and Intertia Peak, Patagonia Simple Guide Pant or other
April 13, 3:59pm

thanks - I had just mentioned the Steel zip off pants in another thread I started today
I think they would be ideal, especially as convertible pants, so they could be zipped off if very hot. Beyond Fleece used to have them available as zip offs. I hope they bring them back after May...

In GEAR » Best light 3-4 season softshell pants: Cloudveil Prospector and Intertia Peak, Patagonia Simple Guide Pant or other
April 13, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm