BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1446 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: "Socks for hot summers"
+1 on the Wrightsocks. They are double layer so they accomplish the same thing as sock/liner, friction occurs between layers. But they are very lightweight so your feet stay cooler and drier. Th...

In GEAR » Socks for hot summers
May 20, 9:19am

Go for it.
Tomorrow morning I will be doing the Rae Lakes Loop. This looks to be a pretty straight-forward trip with the only "exciting" part being Glen Pass, depending on when you go. I suspect t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help On A Long Decision
May 20, 9:09am

Re: Your California Pass Opening Report
"The cool spring has been great for our water supply, sub-optimal for our early season hiking plans :-)" I am loving this snow. While it changes hikes to snowshoe trips I love the sol...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Your California Pass Opening Report
May 19, 12:57pm

8lb. of trash
Maybe we could help the problem by converting them to Ultralight Illegal Aliens. They could increase their miles per day and if they take their garbage base weight from 8 lbs down to .5 lbs a day ...

In Chaff » Border Wall Threatens Fragile EcoPreserve
May 19, 12:41pm

Re: Pack for backpacking AND carry on for plane
Another vote for Jam. Have also taken my Pinnacle carry-on but it is a bit large for most of my trip, backwoods or city.

In GEAR » Pack for backpacking AND carry on for plane
May 18, 11:34am

Kennedy Meadows
would be another options. Not a bad drive from Bakerfield and I would think there is good fishing in the Kern.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bakersfield, CA
May 16, 10:03am

This could be a Rescue.....
Need some good stories. During your hikes have you run across any Darwin award candidates that you think "I will read about him in the paper." Two of my favorites. 1) Ran into an AT &q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » This could be a Rescue.....
May 16, 7:21am

Re: PCT in Winter
There wouldn't be a trail to find in the sierras. Here is a picture taken around May 1st looking north from Forester. I wouldn't say it would be impossible but there are so many issue...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT in Winter
May 14, 8:22am

Re: Snowshoe Daypack
I use a Jam2 on weekend snowshoe trips. The side pockets can hold the snowshoes if you are in conditions that the shoes are on/off or if you have to hike into the snow. I would look for a pack ...

In GEAR » Snowshoe Daypack
May 12, 2:03pm

Great Report
I have done two different trips into BWCA by canoe. May have to hoof one in the future. Also, I was very surprised That there was no snow or ice left on the ground or lakes. I expected the snow ...

In Post-Trip Reports » SHT and the Border Route Trail, MN
May 12, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.