BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...145

Forum » Thread

Kennedy Meadows
would be another options. Not a bad drive from Bakerfield and I would think there is good fishing in the Kern.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bakersfield, CA
May 16, 10:03am

This could be a Rescue.....
Need some good stories. During your hikes have you run across any Darwin award candidates that you think "I will read about him in the paper." Two of my favorites. 1) Ran into an AT &q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » This could be a Rescue.....
May 16, 7:21am

Re: PCT in Winter
There wouldn't be a trail to find in the sierras. Here is a picture taken around May 1st looking north from Forester. I wouldn't say it would be impossible but there are so many issue...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT in Winter
May 14, 8:22am

Re: Snowshoe Daypack
I use a Jam2 on weekend snowshoe trips. The side pockets can hold the snowshoes if you are in conditions that the shoes are on/off or if you have to hike into the snow. I would look for a pack ...

In GEAR » Snowshoe Daypack
May 12, 2:03pm

Great Report
I have done two different trips into BWCA by canoe. May have to hoof one in the future. Also, I was very surprised That there was no snow or ice left on the ground or lakes. I expected the snow ...

In Post-Trip Reports » SHT and the Border Route Trail, MN
May 12, 1:59pm

Another Option
I needed a ride last summer from Fresno to Cedar Grove and I posted an ad on Craig's list and had multiple offeres in a couple of days. It got $100 to take two people the 86 miles (and they ha...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » cedar grove
May 08, 10:19am

Re: Weight savings...
1) Using strap on Visor for headlamp. 2) Using tiny spring like paper clips (the little steel ones with wire pinch handles.) for hanging clothes off line on pack, clipping bandanna to side of viso...

In GEAR » Weight savings...
May 08, 10:15am

Re: Backpacker Going Lightweight
I love my Jam2 and my son used one with a z-light. Why don't you get one from REI and try packing it up? Leave the tags on both packs and take one back. My only knock on the newer Jam packs ...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
May 07, 8:49am

In bivy
If you use a bivy, zip it in the bivy and stuff in pack. It can expand as much as needed to fill up the volume of your pack as food volume goes down. That allows you to remove all the compression...

In GEAR » Newby - down sleeping bag
May 06, 3:57pm

Good Deal for both Buyer and Seller
The fact that a deal was reached means that is was a good deal for both the buyer and the seller (based on the information that each of them had.) It is the information that is the problem. The b...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Poncho Tarp
May 06, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.