Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1534 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 2 nights
I will very likely have a West Coast trip on one of the adjoining weeks and would love to meet more of the west coast group. Ken, For me the Sierra is opening for the summer Wednesday. Tenat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
July 19, 6:27pm

Thanks Rand....
for the fast response. This is why I love the "cottage manufacturers!"

In GEAR » Esbit in Compact Caldera
July 19, 11:53am

Esbit in Compact Caldera
Can Esbit Tablets be used in a Compact Caldera? If not, why not, what is the failure mode? If so, should the tablet be placed in the stove or on a rock etc?

In GEAR » Esbit in Compact Caldera
July 19, 11:00am

Re: Re: Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
+1 to Nick. Other thoughts. 1) GTX are more expensive. 2) I am 0-3 for gtx being completely waterproof. 3) They are hotter than non-gtx. I may try gtx socks for next year's snowshoe se...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 16, 9:07am

Re: 24 Hours: Kearsarge Lakes 7/14/10
Very cool seeing what this area looks like in the summer. You had a sweet view from your camp!

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours: Kearsarge Lakes 7/14/10
July 16, 8:05am

Re: Re: Re: Boot/Shoe Recommendations
Jerry, I personally love the Xa Pros but you will have to see if they work for you. I will say that there are much cheaper options out there that could also work for you.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Boot/Shoe Recommendations
July 15, 6:36pm

Re: People are ruining backpacking.
"If you scan past the GEAR section, you will find the GENERAL FORUM, the OFF PISTE and the CAMPFIRE, maybe more to your liking. A friend of mine is fond of telling people that the most useful...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
July 15, 6:33pm

Re: RE Rae Lakes
And I thought it was a moose!!!!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3-4 openings for Rae Lakes loop 8/12-8/15
July 15, 5:43pm

Re: Boot/Shoe Recommendations
Love the XA Pro 3D but would reco against the gtx. They will likely leak and if they do get wet they take forever to dry. I am waiting patiently for my gtx to wear out so I can correct the mistak...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Boot/Shoe Recommendations
July 15, 4:01pm

Mystery Solved
"They wanted to burn the tent the next morning in order to avoid having to carry it back." That could explain the half burned tent I found a year ago on a hike. Never could explain it!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 3:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.