Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1501 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...151

Forum » Thread

Headin backwards
I have added back weight in a couple of area. 1) Better headlamp as my nighthiking increased. 2) Went from Ridgerest to ridgerest deluxe. I also stopped stressing about trying to hit 150 cal/o...

In GEAR » Evolution of UL Hiker
July 02, 7:57am

New Skin - Liquid Bandage
The product I take is call new skin. It smells just like clear fingernail polish and very likely is similiar. Ideally you would paint it on a hot spot prior to getting a blister. My experience h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
July 01, 12:27pm

Re: Planning
Kings Canyon NP. Rae Lakes Loop which is maybe 45miles. Then I would add side trips up toward Center Basin and other areas to get the mileage you are looking for. The only major obstacle would b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longer Trip for Vacation
July 01, 10:15am

Ugly Feet!
I'm guessing that the weather was hot. I switched a year ago from normal lightweight wool hiking socks to very lightweight Wrightsocks. My goal is to keep my feet as cool as possible which cu...

July 01, 6:55am

Re: thanks mike
I have both a Men's Large pinnacle and a set of poles. Are you in the southeast?

In Gear Swap » Need to borrow pack/poles for a friend
June 28, 3:29pm

Low hanging friut
Pitch your 18 oz. trekking poles and get some 8 oz. LT4 and you save 10oz. Then worry about cutting grams.

In Gear Lists » my "help change the first number to 5" list :)
June 27, 6:22pm

Re: Well...
Nate, Too bad you fell a bit short but the good news is there is always a next time. Sounds like you hit the wall. How many calories did you consume and when? My last couple of long hikes (40+)...

June 27, 1:31pm

my experience
Dozens of days in Sierra's in August. One rain/hail storm that lasted about an hour and one snow storm. I take a wind shirt as my only "rain gear." Others will have different exper...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT weather
June 25, 8:52am

Re: Re: Re: @ Greg
Tom, Thanks to you and others as well. This may be a key piece of what I was missing in achieve the high mileage days. If you want to mix your own version, let me know and I can send you a few l...

In GEAR » Energy Gel
June 24, 5:34pm

Re: GU
I tried out Perpetuem on a hike last weekend and loved it. But I am WAY too cheap to spend $12/day of hike on gu stuff. So... I just ordered a 50lb. bag of maltrodextrin and will start experiment...

In GEAR » Energy Gel
June 24, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.