BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...142

Forum » Thread

jam2
Strip down your Jam2. I have the older model which is a bit lighter but it is down below a pound with no loss of functionality for me, and it's free. I took out the foam, hydration sleeve cut...

In Gear Lists » Last Minute PCT Gear List
April 23, 7:22am

Re: BPL Stealth NANO Tarp
Now that everyone has had a chance to set up their Stealth Nano tarp, what are the pole heights that you ended up with?

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Stealth NANO
April 21, 1:57pm

Re: Re: one more last thought, permit situation
+1 on Lamarck Col and Darwin Bench. One of my favorite areas,

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Needed: Advice on Permit Situation
April 21, 9:25am

Do you need anything
I did the JMT with a simple ridgerest and a Golite UL-20 and slept under the stars plenty warm. The air is cold but the ground shouldn't be much of an issue that late in the year.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for the muir
April 20, 5:22pm

keep going
I would pitch the rain hat, down sweater and gloves. That is what I took on the JMT and SHR the last two years. Gloves liners and a wind shirt would be the first to add if I were adding anything.

In Gear Lists » Help with clothes list for JMT
April 20, 5:16pm

Lower cost alternative
I usually take one of a dozen variety of Hamburger Helper. You then buy a large can of dehydrated ground beef (MH or other) Usually you need milk, Nido is whole milk loaded with calories and an o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 20, 9:12am

Yes you can but I wouldn't
Your biggest issue will be the Valley through TM. I believe there is lockers at TM but it is about 24 miles straight uphill and to be legal you would have to do that in a day. Not impossible but ...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
April 20, 7:49am

Re: 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
I wouldn't carry that much in extra clothes. Call me crazy but I did the same trip with extra socks, Cap3 top and bottom and a barclava. If I did it today I would also add a windshirt.

In Gear Lists » 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
April 19, 5:02pm

Max Daily Mileage and Why?
I'm sure there are some interesting stories out there on some very high mileage days and the various reasons why. I know the tru hikers have pizza crazed road marches to get into town. Let...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Max Daily Mileage and Why?
April 15, 6:47pm

JMT shoes
I wore Nike running shoes on my jmt hike. It's not that tough of a hike on shoes. MHO

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance MT910GT Joggers Review
April 15, 6:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.