BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1416 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...142

Forum » Thread

Jack - Sell Now
Maybe you can get $350 on ebay

In GEAR » Golite has Officially Lost Their Mind
April 25, 5:39am

My thinking on Jacket
Even in the dead of winter in the sierras, 10 degrees, I would burn up in anything heavier than a LS capilene 1, a LS Capilene 3 and a windshirt if its really windy. Yes, I start a little cold but...

In Gear Lists » Help with clothes list for JMT
April 24, 8:38am

Packing Quilt and Bivy
Just converted over to bivy recently and I'm experimenting with rolling the bivy and quilt up together and stuffing loosely in the bottom of the pack. This eliminates having to stuff the quilt...

In GEAR » Packing Quilt and Bivy
April 24, 7:47am

jam2
Strip down your Jam2. I have the older model which is a bit lighter but it is down below a pound with no loss of functionality for me, and it's free. I took out the foam, hydration sleeve cut...

In Gear Lists » Last Minute PCT Gear List
April 23, 7:22am

Re: BPL Stealth NANO Tarp
Now that everyone has had a chance to set up their Stealth Nano tarp, what are the pole heights that you ended up with?

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Stealth NANO
April 21, 1:57pm

Re: Re: one more last thought, permit situation
+1 on Lamarck Col and Darwin Bench. One of my favorite areas,

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Needed: Advice on Permit Situation
April 21, 9:25am

Do you need anything
I did the JMT with a simple ridgerest and a Golite UL-20 and slept under the stars plenty warm. The air is cold but the ground shouldn't be much of an issue that late in the year.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for the muir
April 20, 5:22pm

keep going
I would pitch the rain hat, down sweater and gloves. That is what I took on the JMT and SHR the last two years. Gloves liners and a wind shirt would be the first to add if I were adding anything.

In Gear Lists » Help with clothes list for JMT
April 20, 5:16pm

Lower cost alternative
I usually take one of a dozen variety of Hamburger Helper. You then buy a large can of dehydrated ground beef (MH or other) Usually you need milk, Nido is whole milk loaded with calories and an o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 20, 9:12am

Yes you can but I wouldn't
Your biggest issue will be the Valley through TM. I believe there is lockers at TM but it is about 24 miles straight uphill and to be legal you would have to do that in a day. Not impossible but ...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
April 20, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.