Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1291 - 1300 of 1561 | Page: 1 ...121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: High Mileage JMT
I did the JMT in about 9 1/2 days and it's not that tough if you are in good shape. Also: 1) You should have your footware dialed in so you aren't getting blisters. 2) Lightweight gear i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Mileage JMT
August 16, 7:58pm

Great Trip Report
Would have liked to have joined you for this trip. Great to see what was beneath all the snow that I crossed in May. Safe to assume Kat was pulling everyone along?

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes, 12th to 15th Aug. 2010
August 16, 6:32pm

Re: Re: Re: How fast do you hike?
""3) Average hiking speed - 3.0mph (Includes all breaks, elevation gain up to 10k and 48 miles.)" You do 10K feet of elevation gain in a day?" Yes, on all of my AT "t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 4:17pm

Re: How fast do you hike?
Treadmill speed and hiking speed will be two completely different critters. 1) Treadmill speed - 4.5mph @10 deg incline 2) Instantaneous hiking speed - 3.5mph 3) Average hiking speed - 3.0mph ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Calorie & hydration comsumption
"Unfortunately the Hammer Nutrition website has alot of crap for information that is wrong." While I would agree that Hammer and most other supplement websites skew the information to ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 16, 9:04am

The AT in Georgia is very nice. You can park at Amicalola State Park Visitors Center and hike the approach trail to Springer Mountain. I would be more than happy to shuttle you forward so you can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in the southeast?
August 15, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Have fun!
Just did a similiar route a couple of weeks ago, MTR to evolution lake. No worries on stream crossings, they're way down. Definitely consider Darwin Bench, it's a pretty easy hike up and ...

In Gear Lists » JMT 6 days
August 13, 5:34pm

Re: Tehipite Valley to VVR
its on my snowshoe list. Give us a full report!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Remote Tehipite Valley
August 13, 5:30pm

Getting the most from your bag
Sleeping bag liner - I add in winter. S2S alleges 15 deg additional warmth but I'm skeptical. Bivy - This will add both a wind block and capture some heat. A warm hat - common sense A warme...

In GEAR » supplementing a sleep system
August 10, 6:17pm

PCT Pants
I'm looking for the perfect thruhiking pants that I can buy and not have to do serious surgery. Criteria: 1) Synthetic. 2) NOT convertible. 3) No zippers on pockets 4) Minimum pockets (ide...

In GEAR » PCT Pants
August 10, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.