BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1281 - 1290 of 1558 | Page: 1 ...120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: ?Primaloft durability question?
Primaloft Sport (aka as version 2) and not Primaloft One is design optimized for loft durability in sleeping bags. When the current generation of synthetic insulations were tested for use in th...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
April 21, 9:02am

Packrafting PFD and Survival Gear Storage
Ryan - I have a Patagonia Specter (L) pullover. I tested it with the MTI Livery (ML) PFD today. For both warm weather and cold weather modes, I added two wide rubber bands (previously held broccoli...

In Photo Gallery » Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
April 20, 2:23pm

Re: Packrafting for the Uninitiated?
Scott - A packraft paddles much more like a river boat than a canoe, raft, or a touring kayak. The major difference is the inability of the packrafts to edge as aggressively. Select a suitable rive...

April 18, 11:18pm

Re: Jury rigged pfds
I went to a couple of paddling shops and weighed all of the L/XL PFDs they had on display. My chest is 45" and so this is the size I weighed. I also measured the weight for a number of PFD siz...

April 18, 5:03pm

Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
Roman - The lightest non-inflatable PFDs use kapok instead of CC foam. Astral and Norge are the two primary manufacturers of this PFD type.

April 17, 11:54pm

Re: Re: Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
Ryan - In the photo Packraftingboulder8 the pack rafts are outside the shelters. Did you leave them there overnight? I have found that if I invert mine and put a thin insulating pad on it, it m...

April 16, 6:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
Ryan, What do you use as a PFD?

April 16, 12:44pm

Toray Dermizax
Erin - In your Beta test, how many miles of bushwhacking were you able to go before the DWR was worm off the areas the brush rubs against? My experiences in SE Alaska were between 30 and 60 mile...

In GEAR » GoLite's new Trinity Fabric
April 16, 12:21pm

Re: Water repellent product that don't make straps slip
Fluorocarbon based DWRs, such as Grangers, ReviveX, etc., will last approximately 40% longer than a wax based DWR like Niwax as well as be less slippery.

In GEAR » Water repellent product that don't make straps slip
April 15, 8:35pm

Re: GoLite's Trinity Fabric
Andy - A Trinity breathability spec URL is http://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.uk/index.cfm?action=article.read&articleId=745F6C24-CB69-74E6-EC5A0FFFC90C4D72 BPL has a bug in their forum software...

In GEAR » GoLite's new Trinity Fabric
April 14, 3:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm