BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1281 - 1290 of 1464 | Page: 1 ...120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ...147

Forum » Thread

R1 Hoody cut is excellent
You were right - the R1 Hoody cut is excellent all over - body, arms, shoulders, neck and head. I hope to compare it with the Cloudveil power stretch hoody soon.

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 11, 7:02pm

R1 fabric
BTW, I held up the R1 fabric to a light and looked from the inside out and couldn't believe how thin the fabric is in the slots between the grids. Practically see-through. This would have to ...

September 11, 5:10pm

power stretch and wind pro with Hardface
Richard, I'm curious, have you ever run any tests on Polartec power stretch or wind pro with Harface? These garments tend to be a little more water resistant and a bit more wind resistant than...

September 11, 5:01pm

merino
Richard, thanks for confirming what I always thought. I love the merino wool garments I have, but anything beyond base layer - one very thin l/s (Ibex Pacifica) for most conditions and a thicker o...

September 11, 8:07am

weights, what you use Ibex Shak and Smartwool for, Supplex pants
Rich, you are probably right about the Cloudveil weight being off. However, I was shocked to learn a few years back that a Cloudveil Large jacket I got on eBay weighed in at almost 2 ounces BELOW ...

September 10, 10:19pm

R1 hoody, Cloudveil Hoody and Ragged Mountain Hoody
Richard, how do you think this Cloudveil power stretch hoody below would compare with your Ragged Mountain power stretch hoody and Patagonia R1 hoody for warmth, drying time, wind resistance and ra...

September 10, 7:41pm

different types of power stretch blends; R1 or power stretch hoody - which more versatile?
1) To my knowledge, in addition to differences in thickness, there are differences in power stretch composition – does this matter for your considerations? Power stretch is available in these ...

September 10, 10:07am

types of hoodies, merino hoodies
Hi Chris, How tight is that women's medium? I usually wear a men's Large (42 in chest) - I'm 6ft 185 lbs. Can't imagine squeezing into a top that fits my wife (she's a size...

September 09, 10:03pm

example of Powerstretch Hoody
This is an example of a Powerstretch Hoody of similar weight: http://www.cloudveil.com/mens/pullovers/run+dont+walk+hoodie--CV06614/

September 09, 10:00pm

1) R1 Hoody versus Powerstretch Hoody 2) Good merino hoody at same weight
I have always thought technical hoodies made very versatile pieces. I use thin merino for base layers (Ibex) but prefer light fleece for my general purpose midlayer for the weight savings (the mer...

September 09, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm