Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1271 - 1280 of 1655 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ...166

Forum » Thread

Can someone help sponsor me for VFTT?
I have been trying to get onto VFTT, Views From The Top, which requires sponsorship from a current member, for months. I've emailed the founder, Darren, and have even been sponsored by Michael...

In On the Web » Can someone help sponsor me for VFTT?
January 16, 11:17am

What are your favorite trail info forums in the Northeast and Northwest?
What are your favorites in the Northeast other than VFTT and WhiteBlaze.net? Favorites for the Northwest?

In On the Web » What are your favorite trail info forums in the Northeast and Northwest?
January 16, 11:10am

Kahtoola Microspikes versus Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats for grip on trails, not for vertical use
Has anyone tried both the Kahtoola Microspikes AND Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats? How do they compare for anti-slip grip and durability? The Microspikes are obviously lighter and I'm certain less d...

In GEAR » Kahtoola Microspikes versus Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats for grip on trails, not for vertical use
January 16, 10:04am

Kahtoola Microspikes versus Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats
Has anyone tried both the Kahtoola Microspikes AND Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats? How do they compare for anti-slip grip and durability? The Microspikes are obviously lighter and I'm certain less...

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
January 15, 6:01pm

Ibex Silas Backcountry Ski Pants Men's Large $179 on eBay
These are on eBay now at $179 - my wife and I have 2 pairs of Ibex pants already and they are great for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc. Amazingly breathable and comfortable in a wide temp ...

In Gear Deals » Ibex Silas Backcountry Ski Pants Men's Large $179 on eBay
January 15, 5:49pm

New Petzl XP Adapt Headlamp at $1.25 on eBay with No Reserve
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260203093704&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

In Gear Deals » New Petzl XP Adapt Headlamp at $1.25 on eBay with No Reserve
January 15, 5:47pm

how do you like them
Hi Michael, I wish I saw this earlier, though I can ask them if they'll still honor the price. How do you like the Microspikes? I had been asking on the Gear forum about these and the Kaht...

In Gear Deals » Kahtoola MicroSpikes & Crampons
January 15, 5:42pm

MICROspikes - how quick and easy to get them on and off?
MICROspikes do sound like the best and most versatile option. Thanks for the great info Dondo. How easy and quick is it to take them off and put them on?

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
January 06, 6:27pm

Dondo - MICROspikes for hiking, Yaktrax and Stabilicers for flat ground around town?
Dondo, To echo Brett's question, would you say the Yaktraxs and Stabilicers are more for walking around on snowy and icy ground around town and on flat surfaces and the MICROspikes more for ac...

January 06, 4:27pm

another vote for the Keen Growlers; how to make the most of them
My wife and I have the Keen Growlers as well and just used them for several days of snowshoeing in 7F with windchill down to -11F in Northern Vermont. I much prefer winter shoes that are rated to ...

In GEAR » winter boot recommendations?
January 06, 9:32am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm