Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1271 - 1280 of 1506 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ...151

Forum » Thread

rough patch on back of Blackcomb could be similar to ridges
Hi Richard, I didn’t realize the Keen Growlers were still out there. I searched for them and somehow missed this. Only bummer for me is I have a blanket 20% discount with Onlineshoes.com and...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 02, 9:48am

thank you, sizing, thickness of sock to use, high or low Keen boot?
Hey Thomas, So I've read about them too. I really appreciate you sharing your experience with the quality and sizing. I've looked at TNF winter boots 3 years running (only because the...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 01, 8:52pm

weatherpants temp range, winter weatherpants
Without any layers underneath, at what temp do you start to feel cold when active and when not moving? How wind resistant are they? How water resistant? Do you know how much warmer the Win...

In GEAR » Best 3 season breathable backpacking pant? Cloudveil Inertia, Golite Synergy/Trinity, etc.
October 01, 4:09pm

thanks, Beyond Fleece Shock Pants
Thanks Richard, have heard of them - do they also stretch? I've also considered Beyond Fleece's Shock Pants (Schoeller Dynamic), which stretch, but they're quite pricey. Then again, i...

In GEAR » Best 3 season breathable backpacking pant? Cloudveil Inertia, Golite Synergy/Trinity, etc.
October 01, 4:04pm

higher Snoqualmie or lower Backcomb?
I'm hoping that if we go a full size up from street shoe size to accommodate thicker winter socks that the boots with those winter socks won't be too hot for late fall hiking. How much...

October 01, 3:18pm

Best 3 season breathable backpacking pant? Cloudveil Inertia, Golite Synergy/Trinity, etc.
What are you all using as your 3 season staple backpacking pant, especially for warm to cool weather (but not very hot or very cold weather)? Last few years I've been using zip off Mountain Ha...

October 01, 1:52pm

one size up?
Richard, by one size up, do you mean one size up from your foot size, or one size up from your normal hiking/running shoe size (which is usually a half size up already for most people)?

October 01, 1:18pm

R1 pants
Anyone ever use the R1 pants? What's their comfort range?

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
October 01, 12:33pm

Found the successor - the Keen Blackcomb boot; Proper sizing
Richard, I owe you again. When I went to search for that boot I found the lighter weight true successor to the Growler - it's the Blackcomb boot. http://www.rei.com/product/756416?vcat=REI_...

October 01, 12:21pm

Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
I'm looking for a good light late fall/winter hiking boot with about 200g Primaloft or Thinsulate insulation for men and women that my wife and I can use as part of a lightweight winter footwea...

October 01, 11:20am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm