Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1271 - 1280 of 1553 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: I don't like hiking.
Pretty much I am the complete opposite. I love the physical aspect of hiking, the challenge to see to you can make it over the next pass before dark, can you beat your distance, speed or any oth...

In Chaff » I don't like hiking.
September 09, 8:39am

Winter Camping
I started doing winter snowshoe trips into the heart of the Sierra two years ago. It is a wonderful and challenging experience. To answer a couple of questions: 1) I take almost the exact same s...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking FAQ?
September 07, 5:45pm

GTX Shoes for Dust
Did a very dusty hike this weekend and ended up with very black feet. (Sure we've all been there.) Started wondering if GTX shoes along with some Dirty Girl gaiters would reduce or eliminate t...

In GEAR » GTX Shoes for Dust
August 30, 4:56pm

Chaffing
Had major chaffing problems on very high mileage days until: 1) Boxer Briefs 2) Medicated powder. 3) Wipes twice a day. Did a four day trip last weekend including two 40 mile days. Happy to ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Chaffing
August 30, 12:08pm

More options
I would challenge the "quickness" of tent vs tarp. How many times do you really need the tarp when hiking in the Sierras. If no tarp needed then the tent takes longer to set up. This w...

In GEAR » Too many shelter options-I need to focus!
August 25, 4:50pm

Tahoe Rim Trail - Bear Boxes?
Anybody know if there is a bear box at the Brockway Summit trailhead?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tahoe Rim Trail - Bear Boxes?
August 22, 7:58am

What is in those packs?
Last year when my son and I did the Sierra High Route we were on the JMT for a short section going into Red's Meadow. We passed some folks carrying massive packs and we started playing a game ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has lightweight packing really caught on?
August 21, 4:11pm

Hard to Light
I also used Esbit for the first time on my last trip, same type as Piper. They were much harder to light than I expected. While I didn't have as much trouble as Piper I questioned how easy th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Esbit - what am I doing wrong?
August 20, 2:14pm

Re: JMT bear canister capacity question
If you can't get more efficient then hang the excess the first night. I bet at least half the JMT hiker do that after resupply and it is perfectly legal. I have done this on most of my longer ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT bear canister capacity question
August 18, 8:08pm

Another start option
Don't know how you are doing the transport between trailheads but we started at TM, hiked to Whitney, hitched and bussed back to TM, drove to the valley, took the hiker shuttle back to TM and d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Mileage JMT
August 18, 6:45am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.