BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1271 - 1280 of 1416 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ...142

Forum » Thread

Another Option
I needed a ride last summer from Fresno to Cedar Grove and I posted an ad on Craig's list and had multiple offeres in a couple of days. It got $100 to take two people the 86 miles (and they ha...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » cedar grove
May 08, 10:19am

Re: Weight savings...
1) Using strap on Visor for headlamp. 2) Using tiny spring like paper clips (the little steel ones with wire pinch handles.) for hanging clothes off line on pack, clipping bandanna to side of viso...

In GEAR » Weight savings...
May 08, 10:15am

Re: Backpacker Going Lightweight
I love my Jam2 and my son used one with a z-light. Why don't you get one from REI and try packing it up? Leave the tags on both packs and take one back. My only knock on the newer Jam packs ...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
May 07, 8:49am

In bivy
If you use a bivy, zip it in the bivy and stuff in pack. It can expand as much as needed to fill up the volume of your pack as food volume goes down. That allows you to remove all the compression...

In GEAR » Newby - down sleeping bag
May 06, 3:57pm

Good Deal for both Buyer and Seller
The fact that a deal was reached means that is was a good deal for both the buyer and the seller (based on the information that each of them had.) It is the information that is the problem. The b...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Poncho Tarp
May 06, 12:23pm

Wow
Ryan, That was incredible. I was amazed at the number of pictures that I recognized. But better yet was how the video drew me in especially the night where you had given up and then you woke up ...

In Post-Trip Reports » JOHN MUIR TRAIL VIDEO - 7 Day Trip
May 06, 11:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eating on Hard Trips
Tom, Thanks. I will definitely give this a shot.

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report – Snowshoeing the High Sierras – 4/29-5/1/10
May 05, 6:06pm

Re: Re: Re: golite ultra20
Damien, Used a Ridgerest Deluxe and a Prolite 3 I wore a fleece baracleve (sp). The ridgerest was about 52" long Had I known it was going to be so cold I would have used the cut off sectio...

In Gear Swap » Trade Sleeping Bag for Quilt?
May 05, 6:04pm

Bugs go away
I did the JMT with a tarptent two years ago but never spent a night in it. Going to bed with a headnet on was interesting as the blood sucker would try their hardest to get in. But about an hour ...

In GEAR » JMT Shelter Choices
May 05, 1:13pm

Re: Re: golite ultra20
I just had my UL-20 down below 0F with sleeping bag liner, Bivy, Foam pad and air mat. I was wearing all of my clothes and I stayed pretty warm. So, if you mostly do 3 season camping there are wa...

In Gear Swap » Trade Sleeping Bag for Quilt?
May 05, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.