Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1271 - 1280 of 1505 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ...151

Forum » Thread

Mystery Solved
"They wanted to burn the tent the next morning in order to avoid having to carry it back." That could explain the half burned tent I found a year ago on a hike. Never could explain it!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 3:57pm

strip the Pinnacle
You can strip off several oz. from your pinnacle. There is a thread in the archives on doing this to a Jam, same concept.

In Gear Lists » Have at my friends, have at.
July 15, 3:50pm

Depends
I will range from very infrequent pole placement to 1:1 depending on terrain, how tired I am and the condition of the trail. Uphills are more likely to be 1:1. Downhills will vary by terrain and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking pole technique
July 15, 7:16am

Re: People are ruining backpacking.
Every forum is going to has gems and a bunch of "not so useful info." This one is no different. There are a wide variety of "hikers" on this forum ranging from casual backpack...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
July 15, 7:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is "base weight"?
Ryan, Is the kid included in base weight?

In GEAR » What is "base weight"?
July 15, 6:35am

Dehydatred Water
I'm still trying to perfect my process to make dehyrated water. I think there would be a HUGE market for this especially for those hiking in desert areas. Just think, no more lugging around m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » a great way to save a pound!
July 14, 10:58am

shuttle
The TM shuttle goes from the Tenya Lake trailhead to TM.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Nevada backpacking next weekend
July 13, 10:12am

Tarp
Don't know how common rain is in the tetons but I would take the tarp and only use it if it rains.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Shelter - what to do?
July 13, 6:17am

Both
If you haven't been on both 108 and 120 then I would go on 120 going in and 108 on the way out or vice versa. Both are worth seeing and you can get a great perspective of a number of trailhead...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Nevada backpacking next weekend
July 13, 6:07am

Re: narrowed it down.
I predict a lose of a quart of blood if you hit 10 Lakes. The areaon both sides of it was very wet last year in June which will be about like July this year. But it is very cool and worth a quart.

July 12, 6:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.