BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1271 - 1280 of 1474 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ...148

Forum » Thread

Keeping two Neoairs together
My wife and I sleep right next to each other, but the gap between our pads causes problems. I used to tie them together with string where the hips are and where the shoulders are. It worked prett...

In GEAR » Keeping two Neoairs together
April 21, 10:29pm

Re: Re: "NeoAir Durability"
Noise is a non-issue with me. As for the BA, to me the Neo can get firmer. I like it better.(deflated a little)

In GEAR » NeoAir Durability
April 21, 8:04pm

blowing it up
It is weird to me that folks take issue with blowing it up. Maybe I'm just used to it, because as a side sleeper- I had to give up on ridgerest/ zrests about 10 years ago. My Neo small bl...

April 21, 5:09pm

Re: NeoAir
FWIW my friend who is 6'1" 220ish threw his down on pine duff without even looking for cones/ sticks and plopped right down on it the first night of our trip. We all stood and stared wide...

April 21, 4:02pm

Re: Need some help on a pack for a small framed lady
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=30624

In GEAR » Need some help on a pack for a small framed lady
April 21, 3:52pm

Re: Dreaming big, and was given a chance
Bob Saget is a DIRTY man. His Family Matters role (or whatever that show was) was a hugely ironic role for him. Anyone remember him in Half Baked? THAT is more his gig. I bet getting drunk on c...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Dreaming big, and was given a chance
April 21, 10:56am

Re: BPL Firelight 550 + Alcohol Stove (Recommendations?)
I use a 55o and Caldera cone. It works very well. I carry the caldera caddy (some don't) and not only is it the caddy but it can be a cup and bowl, too. Plus, whats really cool, is the 550 f...

In GEAR » BPL Firelight 550 + Alcohol Stove (Recommendations?)
April 20, 8:52pm

Re: Rain Jacket Multiple Use Gear?
The only downfall that I can think of is the jackets flapping in the wind. the hoods and sleeves would be getting really noisy in a storm. It is a sweet multi-use idea though... maybe tie the sle...

In Multiple Use Gear » Rain Jacket Multiple Use Gear?
April 20, 5:29pm

Pad
I sleep on my side and used to get sores on my hips from the ground. Try a 2.5 inch "raft- style'(?), 'chambered'(?) pad such as the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core. Rvalue of 4.1 b...

In GEAR » New sleeping system for unexperienced person
April 16, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Tolerance vs. Acceptance
"You forgot Peet's coffee. ;)" No way! Seattle coffee is SOOO 2008! Stumptown Coffee. "Because I can...;)"

In Chaff » Because I can...
April 10, 9:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm