Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1580 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...158

Forum » Thread

Forum bug still there after about a year
EN13537 should provide a hot link entitled EN13537. Until BPL fixes this bug you will have to manually place the URL http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/uploadedFiles/Sleep%20Well_Pt1_E.pdf#search=%22%22A%...

In GEAR » Thermawrap warm enough?
August 06, 1:19pm

Re: Richard's Calcs / model...
Joshua - It is a big unknown to me what percentage of the forum readers, besides the person requesting information, are interested in the same question. Also unknown is what level of detail is appr...

August 06, 1:13pm

Re: Thermawrap warm enough?
I built a thermal model for Doug Loshbaugh's proposed Brooks Range Trip. In summary it showed the following salient points: -Neither the long underwear nor the Marmot Reactor Zip Fleece ...

August 06, 12:01am

Re: JMT Attempt
Aaron, Thank you for sharing both the planning and the execution of your adventure with us. Also congratulations for giving the JMT record a noble effort.

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Atempt Report
August 05, 6:51pm

Cocoon Hoody/Pants: how much warmth added to sleep system?
John - Approximately 14F will be added to a sleep system by adding a 68 g/m2 insulation layer. This calculation assumes the EN 13537 environment and temperature calculation algorithms: (20 year old...

In GEAR » Cocoon Hoody/Pants: how much warmth added to sleep system?
August 03, 12:04pm

Montbell Ul Thermo or patagonia micropuff
I measured the volume of the stuff sack that came with my 2007 Micropuff. It is 1.5 L. What is the stuff sack volume for an easily stuffed Montbell UL Thermo in size M?

In GEAR » Montbell Ul Thermo or patagonia micropuff
August 02, 10:17pm

IE7 also fails the same way as Firefox.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BUG report: avatar removal
August 01, 9:59pm

Zion Narrows and Subway
Excellent trip report and photos! Thank you for sharing.

In GEAR » Best and Essential Gear for Canyoneering Zion?
August 01, 10:01am

Pacific Outdoor Equipment ECO Thermo 6 R value is reasonable
It appears to be a reasonable R value considering the pad is 2.5 inches thick. My reasoning is as follows: R 7.8 / 2.5 = 3.10 R per inch R 6.8 / 2.5 = 2.72 R per inch Average recreational us...

In GEAR » POE Thermo 6 sleeping pad r-value?
July 31, 4:59pm

One non-scented baby wipe, a plastic bag, and 8 oz of hot water works wonders to remove stickiness. Take the wipe, bag, and water to your tent when you are ready to retire for the evening. Pour ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone else hate sleeping sticky?
July 31, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm