Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1506 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...151

Forum » Thread

Lightweight waterproof rain mitts/gloves
I currently do not have any milder weather waterproof gloves - just mildly water resistant ones. The cold weather ones are bulky and heavy (Columbia gaunlet skiing gloves I picked up on STP for $1...

In GEAR » Lightweight waterproof rain mitts/gloves
October 08, 3:57pm

Cascada
Found some good reviews on them, but these were from birders (sit still for long periods of time) and a few hill walkers in Scotland. However, still could find anything about the waterproof materi...

In GEAR » Best softshell pant design for cold windy weather - windproof front, or windproof front and back?
October 04, 8:05pm

the Paramo pants - info on material and how they work; would they work better with more breathable fabric on back of legs?
Hi Miguel, I just took a quick look at them, and they just look like waterproof pants with a light lining of some kind. In order to be waterproof, the outer material must be waterproof and less...

In GEAR » Best softshell pant design for cold windy weather - windproof front, or windproof front and back?
October 04, 7:52pm

Best softshell pant design for cold windy weather - windproof front, or windproof front and back?
What's been your experience - which softshell pant will work best for stop and go (go active, such as x country ski, snowshoe and backpack) in very cold windy conditions– a pant that is fully...

October 04, 3:28pm

how many inches of material to covert pants into convertible pants?
Any DIYers out there know – how many inches in fabric would you need to sacrifice in pants length to cut a pair of pants into convertible pants with leg zippers? I would guess at least an inch o...

In GEAR » Best 3 season breathable backpacking pant? Cloudveil Inertia, Golite Synergy/Trinity, etc.
October 03, 1:36pm

Stretch Jackalope, Simple Guide Pant, Montane Pant, Cool Weather Tight, Schoeller Dynamic, RR Weatherpant
Patagonia Stretch Jackalope – I have 2 pairs of Stretch Jackalope from several years ago – a dark pair which I use for travel and every day and a light pair I use for hiking. They look so good...

In GEAR » Best 3 season breathable backpacking pant? Cloudveil Inertia, Golite Synergy/Trinity, etc.
October 03, 1:35pm

Growlers arrived; will check fit end of week; thank you everyone
Our Growlers arrived overnight on free shipping. Now that's fast. They look extremely well made. Won't have time to really try out sizing with different socks until end of week, but will...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 03, 12:28pm

Donna, here's a good price match for you; haven't done well with thicker socks/bigger boots either
Donna - something to save you a whole lot of $ - which you can of course apply to more gear : ) - make sure that mgear price-matches footprints.com - they are selling the women's Growler for...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 03, 8:20am

women's Growler sizing
Donna, how was the sizing for you? 1/2 size or 1 size up from street shoe size, and do you wear thick socks with them? I ordered 1/2 size and 1 full size up for my wife and m, and we'll retur...

October 02, 12:33pm

important information on Growler vs. Blackcomb from Keen
I spoke with Keen during lunch, and it turns out the Growler is not the old shoe, but a new shoe and current with the Blackcomb. The Blackcomb is the urban fashion version of the Growler and is no...

October 02, 11:28am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm