Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1655 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...166

Forum » Thread

Ibex Men's Silas Backcountry Pants, Large, Black $179 or higher best offer by Sunday, Jan 27
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/ProductDetail.php?GID=820&VID=9242&Product=Silas-Backcountry-Pant These pants were a holiday gift and are brand new with the tags still attached. I'm a l...

In Gear Deals » Ibex Men's Silas Backcountry Pants, Large, Black $179 or higher best offer by Sunday, Jan 27
January 22, 9:03am

thanks Patrick, ditto Ken's question
Thanks Patrick for the helpful post and ditto Ken's question. That was a great refresher (though no substitute for more knowledge and training). It's been a while since I reviewed first a...

In GEAR » What you shoud know about wounds.
January 21, 2:33pm

thank you, probably work fine, but might be able to modify LEDs on Quad
Thanks Rick and Roger, good info and all good points. I'm thinking it will probably be OK augmenting the flash for general purpose low light photography. I think the photo device I found here...

In GEAR » Princeton Tec Quad - bluish white or white beam?
January 18, 9:34am

Princeton Tec Quad - bluish white or white beam?
I'm thinking of adapting a Princeton Tec Quad as an assist light that attaches with a screw to the bottom of my point and shoot - can anyone tell what color beam it throws? White or bluish whi...

In GEAR » Princeton Tec Quad - bluish white or white beam?
January 17, 7:50pm

what eneloops are good for; Tenergy
Eneloop batteries are rechargeable and available in AA and AAA, with adapters for C and D applications (though for C and D use with adapters they will have a lot less power than regular C and D cel...

In GEAR » Anyone hear of these batteries?
January 17, 2:59pm

screw shoes - screw size
Hi Phil, I saw the thread earlier - thanks. I wanted to know what size screws Kevin and others used in the back and in the front of their shoes - 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2. Also, while the screws will...

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
January 17, 8:24am

Thanks Kevin, questions
Hi Kevin, Thanks for jumping in - See * questions below I've had good luck with the following: 1. Machine screws into your shoes (for dedicated running on snow/ice. They wear down quic...

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
January 17, 7:46am

PNW, N California and environs
Thanks! PNW, N California and environs Thanks, going to be spending more time on the W Coast and possibly moving there soon, so I'm putting together resources for both coasts.

In On the Web » What are your favorite trail info forums in the Northeast and Northwest?
January 16, 8:38pm

the poster shared the post with me; fyi VFTT registration
Hi Bill, I saw the same post because someone from our BPL forum who is also in VFTT was kind enough to try several times to sponsor me. This is not a BPL issue but a VFTT one, but suffice it to...

In On the Web » Can someone help sponsor me for VFTT?
January 16, 8:35pm

yaktrax on ascents and descents? Grivel G-10 durability
Hi Monty, even for day hikes, you could be tackling more serious terrain, and could be surprised by more serious terrain. How did the Yaktraxs work for you on ascents and descents? How durable ...

January 16, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm