BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1406 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...141

Forum » Thread

kilt
Hi John, I've made a kilt on the fly out of a plastic garbage bag and it really works (I only wish the garbage bag were a renewable resource). I like the idea of making one (or asking a seams...

In GEAR » Length of Montbell Peak Jacket compared with Length of OR Celestial Jacket
March 02, 10:14pm

Rab Vapour; Where to get Rab in the US; A Wool Version of Rab Vapour???
Richard, I've always been interested in finding out more about the Rab Vapour Rise jacket and pants every since I first read about them. That's a near perfect combo of wind resistance a...

In GEAR » Smartwool Hoody - Fall 2007 & 2008
March 02, 10:05pm

got different measurements from Montbell; will just have to order and try
Hi Benjamin, It was your post on this jacket that got me very interested in it. It would be perfect for me if it were long enough. I got very different measurements when I called Montbell, and...

In GEAR » Length of Montbell Peak Jacket compared with Length of OR Celestial Jacket
February 28, 10:00pm

Peak length
Hi Kathleen, Regarding breathability, that's exactly what I heard from friends and what I read in this forum. I just spoke with a retailer who has both jackets in stock and he's measuring...

February 28, 2:28pm

Length of Montbell Peak Jacket compared with Length of OR Celestial Jacket
I've been looking to cut the weight of my current rain shell from 15.5 ounces down to at least 12. This is not just about weight cutting, but about breathability - I can do much better on brea...

February 27, 10:58pm

Golite Oen Pants (Alchemy 3 stretch) for cold windy weather use
Can anyone comment on Golite's Oen Pants (same Alchemy 3 stretch material as in Golite's Alchemy jacket) for active use in cold windy conditions? Can anyone compare them with the Golite ...

In GEAR » Golite Oen Pants (Alchemy 3 stretch) for cold windy weather use
February 24, 5:49pm

Zoic
I have not tried Zoic sportwool, but the best most comfortable biking/mountain biking stretch shorts I ever found, that could pass for regular shorts, are made by Zoic. The quality of those shorts...

In GEAR » zoic brand clothing?
February 24, 4:52pm

some pieces that might work for Rod
Hi Rod, No sweat. I always get some pleasure from finding the right gear/tool for my use - you shouldn't compromise if there's a solution out there which works better. I've never t...

In GEAR » Sizing of Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Parka
February 23, 7:47pm

Comparing Polartec Powershield and Schoeller WB-400 for use in cold windy conditions
Can anyone offer any insight on Polartec Powershield (used in the Arcteryx Gamma MX Pant) versus Schoeller WB-400 (used in the Mammut Castor Pant, at least up to last year) for use in cold, windy w...

In Gear Swap » Comparing Polartec Powershield and Schoeller WB-400 for use in cold windy conditions
February 23, 12:51pm

just posted Thermawrap L and S on Gear Swap forum; Agree with Ezra on Sizing; Belay size for works for non-belay use too
Rod, just wanted to let you know - I just posted the Large Montbell Thermawrap for $139 on the Gear Swap Forum and a Small for the same price. PM me if you are interested, I can ship out today or ...

In GEAR » Sizing of Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Parka
February 23, 8:26am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm