Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1545 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...155

Forum » Thread

cautions on uses of wind screens with canister stoves
Anyone know a link on BPL for cautions on use of a windscreen with canister stoves? Mostly common sense, but would like to take a quick look.

In GEAR » Best solo and dual lightweight Ti cookware and light stoves (gas and alcohol)
October 16, 8:24pm

thanks, F1 foldup size and prep
Dondo and Roger, those were very helpful - thanks. I read the early survey from 2005, and will read the recent survey when I have time later this week. Dondo wanted to ask - if you are stowin...

In GEAR » Best solo and dual lightweight Ti cookware and light stoves (gas and alcohol)
October 16, 8:21pm

Gigapower simmering
Hi Benjamin, That was very helpful. Only problem I have with the Gigapower is that I read in this forum and heard from friends that the Gigapower has problems simmering (poster on this forum sa...

October 16, 12:00pm

Coleman F1; Good Brasslite solution for 2
Joshua, How do you like the Coleman stove? Have you also used the Pocket Rocket or Vargo Ti? Which butane canister is the lightest, most packable? The small Giga or MSR canister? Is ther...

October 16, 10:23am

MSR Pocket Rocket, Vargo Jet Ti and Coleman Exponent F1 UItralight
I was going to pick up the MSR Pocket Rocket as a light nesting butane stove - it's very similar in weight and size to the Vargo Jet Ti and Coleman Exponent F1 Ultralight. Can anyone share the...

October 16, 10:06am

Where to get the MiniBullDesigns Stealth, Lil Nippers, Ti Foil; Doug - single burner, right?
Anyone know where I can get the MiniBullDesigns Stealth? Kevin wrote in a recent review that it was discontinued, but could be ordered from "Tinny." Also anyone know where I can find ...

October 16, 9:11am

sounds like just the ticket
My wife grew up as a flatlander down South and is still getting her feel for ice - I grew up running for the bus to school over icy streets and learned to balance on ice in motion. Not that easy w...

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
October 16, 8:49am

Lil Nippers and tops for alcohol stoves
And BTW, where can I pick up Lil Nippers Platypus bottles and tips for alcohol stoves? Heard of a feeding frenzy on BPL recently.

October 15, 10:14pm

Anyone use Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats, MicroSpikes, Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on trails? Light crampons?
Any use Kahtoola KTS Steel Cleats, MicroSpikes, Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro, or Stabilicers for traction on trails? Can anyone recommend light safe crampons for non-vertical use, both for flat and fo...

In GEAR » Anyone use Yaktrax, Yaktrax Pro or Stabilicers for traction on relatively flat trails? Light crampons?
October 15, 10:12pm

Xtreme and your winter cookware
Doug, which cookware do you use in winter with your Xtreme? We have the double burner Xtreme model for car camping - unfortunately it's quite heavy.

October 15, 10:07pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm