Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1592 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...160

Forum » Thread

good point
Allison, good point re the BIOS being a pressurized stove, wasn't thinking. It is possible to use a windscreen for a pressurized stove, but I like the idea of a center heat stove and a good co...

In GEAR » Stove comparison-what I do on rainy days
November 14, 8:01pm

thanks, follow up questions
Thanks for sharing this, very apropos for me now as I try to decide which windscreen to use with my new alcohol stove and my Trek 900 Ti pots, whether or not to pick up a ThermoJet MicroLite stove,...

In GEAR » Stove comparison-what I do on rainy days
November 14, 6:47pm

sounds like they are made of tissue paper
Thanks Kathleen, That seems to mirror the REI reviews - sounds like they are made of tissue paper.

In GEAR » Waterproof gloves - Komperdell, SealSkinz - know any others?
November 14, 4:57pm

Waterproof gloves - Komperdell, SealSkinz - know any others?
I've been looking for a pair of light waterproof gloves (preference for gloves not mitts) - either with no lining (and room for light layering underneath) or with a very light lining. As I m...

In GEAR » Waterproof gloves - Komperdell, SealSkinz - know any others?
November 14, 4:52pm

Montbell Peak, Rab Drillum; eVent jackets and weight and coverage
Montbell Peak Jacket, 11 oz size Large - the material is an eVent-type material that is nearly as breathable and it's a good value, especially if you can get it on sale. My only complaint is t...

In GEAR » What's your top 3 rain jacket picks?
November 14, 12:02pm

green; another multi-lens light
Green is good for map reading at night. It's also the color light emitted by night vision devices which are based on magnifying existing light (starlight, moonlight). An excellent multi-col...

In GEAR » Red, Green, and Blue headlamp?
November 12, 10:08pm

in which order would you rank all 3 choices for:
In which order would you rank all 3 choices for: 1) hottest burn/quickest boil 2) cleanest burning 3) value/heat produced 4) best combination of the above

In GEAR » Best fuels for alcohol stoves
November 12, 4:37pm

Tinny's response
Hi Tony, I ran this by Tinny just now, this was his response: "This is mostly due to lack of experience and too many charts and graphs. Denatured alcohol is just ethanol with a bunch of...

In GEAR » Best fuels for alcohol stoves
November 11, 4:41pm

Atomic
How wide is the flame ring from your Atomic? How much fuel will it hold? How fast will it boil? What is the weight of the stove and of the potstand?

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves - down to what temp will they typically work?
November 11, 1:38pm

almost forgot - optimal size for my cookware
Almost forgot to mention - I will be using this stove with the Trek 900 and sometimes (with guests) with the Trek 1400. Not super narrow but not very wide either - the Trek 900 is 5 inches in diam...

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves - down to what temp will they typically work?
November 11, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm