BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1475 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...148

Forum » Thread

please join us on the other thread - part of the same subject
Actually Ryan the thread is not wool versus synthetics, but least stinky synthetics - you should hop on our thread.

In GEAR » Odor-resistant clothing...
September 24, 7:18pm

BPL, how about a Stink Test of various base layers?
I think this is a worthy test, the results of which would greatly improve members' backpacking experiences, especially when not going solo.

In GEAR » Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
September 24, 6:14pm

any other manfacturers or designs that meet these criteria?
Anyone else familiar with any other manufacturers or designs that meet these criteria? For under 14 ounces?

In GEAR » Looking for hooded, longer lightweight eVent jackets Men's and Women's
September 24, 6:12pm

when do you take ID eVent Gaiters, height of Leva Gaiters
Thanks Jason, 1) how are the stretch gaiters in summer, especially considering that they are black? 2) how are the eVent gaiters in milder cooler weather, say 45F - 65F? 3) When do you dec...

In GEAR » OR Flex-Tex Gaiters or ID Shortie eVent gaiters?
September 24, 6:10pm

hoping someone will surprise me
I'm hoping someone will surprise me. Even though eVent is not a lightweight material, it should be possible, based on the designs I've seen, to construct a fully featured eVent jacket with...

In GEAR » Looking for hooded, longer lightweight eVent jackets Men's and Women's
September 24, 2:58pm

Looking for hooded, longer lightweight eVent jackets Men's and Women's
My wife and I are looking for hooded lightweight eVent jackets with good length front and back. I’ve not found many good options. I’m listing some here and would appreciate your comments on t...

September 24, 2:14pm

OR Flex-Tex Gaiters or ID Shortie eVent gaiters?
Anyone try both? Which do you prefer? The OR Flex-Tex is more durable, the ID eVent Shortie is waterproof, and likely the Flex-Tex is more breathable. The ID Shortie is lighter. I have a new ...

In GEAR » OR Flex-Tex Gaiters or ID Shortie eVent gaiters?
September 24, 1:38pm

Duofold compared with?
No offense taken. I'm just trying to make everyone's hiking and backpacking experience that much better : ) Nothing against the Duofold, especially since it's not expensive. I want ...

September 24, 12:35pm

BPL Stink Test please
Hi Benjamin, How are you? I knew someone eventually would get back with "it could be you." Skin chemistry, sweat composition, diet, etc. - all are factors. But seriously, having logg...

September 24, 12:03pm

Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
I should start by saying that I use wool Ibex briefs for colder weather hiking, running, skiing, etc., but 1) I find wool underwear too hot and uncomfortable for warmer weather hiking 2) the Ibex u...

September 23, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm