BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1715 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...172

Forum » Thread

cost
In any case the UL stuff costs pales in comparisons to some kid activities. I have a friend whos daughter competes in rodeo. Fancy horse, trailer, training, F250 to pull it, travel all around th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Financing the UL lifestyle
May 03, 5:20pm

boots
"This might be anathema, but would it be sacrilegious to take lightweight boots and trail shoes? I recently bought a pair of Adidas Vigor 2 trail shoes. Ultra aggressive and fairly light. I ha...

In Philmont » Boots v. Shoes at Philmont
May 03, 4:53pm

choices
The montbell is $294 at Prolitegear.com If you are slim you can get a feathered friends Merlin on clearance from Prolitegear for $264. It is only a 58" girth bag, summerlite is 59" B...

In GEAR » Help me choose a sleeping bag please
May 02, 8:50pm

UL
Like others said, the time comes with age. You may not be familiar with the normal tiered vacation structure, but think something like this generally: one yr service = 2 wks vacation 5 yrs...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Financing the UL lifestyle
April 30, 7:24pm

compression
IMO, there is no need for compression on any pack. My compression straps just get used to hold my poles upright when I stick them in the side pockets. Just dont put sleeping bag or quilt into a st...

In GEAR » Need pack buying advice
April 29, 1:36pm

circuit
The best advice you will get is to simply try them both, and keep the one you like. Dont have any experience with the crown. The circuit is a good all -around pack, thats why its popular. It ha...

In GEAR » Need pack buying advice
April 29, 5:58am

pants
" One question I have revolves around keeping your legs warm in the morning and evening. I've seen some who pack the BPL Cocoon UL 60 pants for morning or evening warmth. What are the othe...

In Philmont » Clothing - Please Check My List
April 28, 8:00pm

both..
Both seasonal and fair-weather. Some part of the US the summer is intolerably hot and humid and buggy. Arkansas for instance, or Texas (big bend) In those parts you hike in cooler months, and a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you a seasonal hiker?
April 28, 7:50pm

depression
"There's only one cure for this. Start planning the next one.." AND...buy a new piece of gear you cant wait to try out.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post trip depression
April 27, 7:27pm

plan
Order several packs, try them all out in the comfort of your home and yard with your own gear, and select the one you prefer. It will not always be the lightest, or the one you expect. Also, s...

In GEAR » GG Gorilla vs.MLD Exodus FS
April 26, 7:55pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm