BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1519 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...152

Forum » Thread

wt
wt savings of $10-15/oz are reasonable for many when it gets to $50/oz, its a little ridiculous. however, cuben also has the benefits of 1) easy, permanent do-it-yourself repair with ta...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cuben v Silnylon (weight v cost)
December 20, 5:44pm

35 is getting pretty heavy for UL packs the circuit will carry it OK.

In GEAR » Pack that comfortably carries 35 pounds
December 20, 5:32pm

methanol
from homedistillers.org: Note the poor prognosis. The fatal dose of methanol is 60 to 250 mL. Death depends on the size of the individual, their general health and stomach contents. The expos...

In GEAR » Is Ethanol Worth It?
December 20, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Is Ethanol Worth It?
For simply boiling water with a cannister, sleeping pad can be held in place as a windscreen for 3.5 min. Longer cooking obviously requires other considerations. You can get creative for wind...

December 19, 10:56am

ads
I too have been driven away from other sites in the past by ads. When you become dependent on advertisers, you become subservient to them. Any attempt to honestly review gear or services from ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 10:35am

fish
On a public river, you dont need a $100 dollar rod to fish. But you DO need to buy a fishing license. Ill leave it to you to figure out why. Hint: the fisheries management is not free and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 18, 9:50pm

5 days
5 days is awfully close to being better for a 4oz cannister, depending on the wt of the alcohol system used. If you used MeOH, you might as well have a cannister for sure. just pointing out too...

December 18, 9:40pm

Jordans comments
Here is Ryan Jordans comments, from before the changes occured.: 2. If you can afford a membership and you get benefit out of the forums, then please consider subscribing. If you're freeload...

December 18, 8:24pm

choices
I think the problem is there are too many potential choices. You probably need to narrow down what is most important to both of you. 1. tarp 2. tarp/bivy 3. shaped tarp 4. shaped tarp...

In GEAR » Mostly tarps in the gear lists.
December 18, 7:50pm

time
Mike Clelland suggests in his book and video pre-mixing no more than 1 days worth, perhaps each morning if applicable. It should last a day without issue in a tightly sealed container away from UV ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Concentrated Aquamira
December 18, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm