Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1856 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...186

Forum » Thread

socks
Any thin polyester running socks do fine. I use defeet wool-e-ators and various running socks, I dont prefer one over the other at all, they are interchangeable. Polyester dries quicker though. ...

In GEAR » Any socks of comparable quality to Darn Tough but lighter in weight?
September 15, 9:53am

food volume
We bought some surplus meals. Some are quite bulky with crackers packed in cardboard boxes, these are usually lunches. However, the volume of the food is no where near what you may be lead to bel...

In Philmont » 2012 surplus meals
September 04, 4:55pm

filter
"To filter a liter of water, you don't have to carry any chemicals, so it takes almost zero time." That... would depend on the filter, some are better than others. And of cours...

In GEAR » Water treatment thoughts
September 03, 2:39pm

stopping
No, a gun is NOT a deterrent to some. Especially perpetrators on drugs, with lots at stake, or maybe just hyped up anyway. Small caliber bullets at moderate velocities dont do squat immedia...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
September 03, 2:01pm

self defense
self defense requires a big bullet, with stopping power, that makes a big wound. accuracy outside of about 25 ft is also irrelevant

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
September 03, 12:24pm

Re: Re: filter
"Aqua Mira drops don't treat for Giardia." This is not true. Chlorine dioxide is highly effective on giardia. The difficulty is in certifying effectiveness, with the variations t...

September 03, 12:20pm

water
Was your giardia confirmed by lab test? Lots of ways to get sick, the most common is from your hands In practicle terms, it takes some quantity of bacteria or cysts to make one sick, not just o...

September 03, 10:23am

food
An issue with food is that in the early days of a hike, or on a short hike, you may not want to eat anywhere near what you need. I have trouble eating more than 2400 cal/day in the first week. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food for thought
September 01, 9:00pm

importance
Very important if talking about a difference between 20 and 50 lb packs. Not so much if talking about the difference between 15 and 25lbs.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How important is pack weight to your overall experience?
September 01, 8:51pm

wt
what it the wt of the tyvek tarp? I think the tyvek is 1.6oz/yd? So 10x12 should be 21 oz + grommets and tape Id guess 24 oz all together Not bad for $30

In Philmont » MYOG- Dinning Tarp Size
September 01, 5:38pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm