Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Guest

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1956 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...196

Forum » Thread

Packs at Philmont scout ranch go on the scale before leaving. The average is 45-55 lbs With only 3 days food at a time. Philmont does require some extra stuff, but most newbs would bring more o...

In Gear Lists » Exaggerated pack weights????
November 19, 6:06pm

Yep. If you use the straps properly, you dont have to grip the pole when putting wt on it. This makes it much easier on you over the course of a day. Both uphill and downhill. Removing strap...

In GEAR » Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
November 17, 10:41am

Pretty short trip, but you have to start somewhere, so congrats for taking that step. You can get by with almost anything for one night, and two 5-6 mile days. If you have a local hiking club...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Packing list for scouts?
November 17, 10:33am

Sounds like you should try a different brand of shoes, or keep buying them from REI. I dont have any complaints about Innov8 yet. Except Id like them to dry faster. Gear is a consumable, just li...

In GEAR » UL issues
November 15, 6:34am

You need to do what makes you happy, as much as possible. Surround yourself with supportive people that care about you and encourage you. If you dont, you are wasting your precious, very sho...

In Philosophy & Technique » Would You Do It for a Living?
November 14, 8:05pm

I would not term it "abuse". Their policy is clearly worded, and nobody has to lie, or use deceit to take advantage of it. Personally I think it is what their whole business is built ...

In GEAR » REI currently working on new return policies
November 14, 7:07pm

only a small percentage likely abuse the policy. If they changed it they will need to change their pricing structure to discount pricing. You buy from REI for peace of mind. Period.

In GEAR » REI currently working on new return policies
November 14, 6:00am

The only heavy thing I have is a food bag. And water bottles, but they go in side pockets. Theres not much strategy in packing when you have little to pack.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpack Packing Strategy
November 12, 4:53pm

In GEAR » Is this pack too small for me? (See pics)
November 12, 5:53am

Most of the time when talk about base wt, people are referring to 3-season. However, in summer, you can usually be much lighter, no insulation required at all in some places, and minimal shelter...

In Gear Lists » Newb question about pack weight
November 04, 7:06pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm