BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1699 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...170

Forum » Thread

gear
.....cannot....help....self....must .....purchase....lighter ....gear.

In Gear Lists » Price per piound
April 24, 9:58pm

example
Here is my 8.5 lb 3 season list with a 2P pot. I just cut this out of my spreadsheet. I will deal with minimal pad for 2 or 3 nights on the ground, but longer trips a more comfy 15 ozpad is coming...

In Gear Lists » 8 Pound Base weight...sound good?
April 24, 5:17pm

twin
A new one with cuben floor is $539 shipped not including poles $45 w/sack or $30 worth of stakes and stakesak. The new cost would be about $614. The asking price is close to 20% less.

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks 2011 Hexamid Twin Tent
April 24, 5:01pm

no sheep
Good to know no sheep were involved in an any sweaty activities. I personally dont find any relationship between moisture and blisters. But then again, I only use thin socks and trail runners. ...

In GEAR » Really thin socks
April 23, 9:01pm

chopsticks.
Forget the spork. Ti tent stakes double as chop sticks. (kidding of course) I highly recommend the evernew 1.3L pot for 2 people. You dont want a pot with sharp edges when you put it...

In GEAR » Save the Spork!
April 23, 5:52pm

thin socks
I just buy the thinnest, lightest running socks I can find that still have a little cuff. Polyester dries MUCH quicker than wool. Although I think wool is slightly more comfortable. Defeet wool-e...

In GEAR » Really thin socks
April 23, 5:48pm

stuff sak
go to home depot, get a package with 2 paint strainer bags in it. This is mesh , 5 gal bags with elastic top. $2.99 Each mesh bag weighs 0.5 oz, and is plenty strong to use as stuffsaks, and w...

In GEAR » Thermarest Stuff Sack Pillow
April 22, 7:42pm

$/oz
for instance: have a 40 oz bag, want a 20 oz WM summerlite bag that is $365, cost = $18.25 per oz. have a 64 oz tent, want a 17 oz hexamid with cuben groundsheet , cost is $540 = 11.5/oz but...

April 21, 9:50pm

$
Anything under 10$/oz saved is a bargain, it rapidly rises to as much as $50/oz the lighter you want to go. The most savings will be realized by purchasing very light gear the FIRST time, and n...

April 21, 6:35pm

circuit
Ive used ridgerest, GG torsolites inside the circuit. Its just a matter of volume of your food and gear. Under 4-5 days food, if you are really UL with a compressible down bag, it should all fit. B...

In GEAR » Closed Cell Sleeping Pad in ULA Circuit
April 21, 7:43am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm