BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1668 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...167

Forum » Thread

tent
Well, then it would seem, the only place left to save is on the shelters. Oware has good prices on mids, and they resell here quickly, to others in the same position. Even MYOG sell here period...

In Philmont » Some tent questions
April 06, 7:22am

tents
Buy some floorless mid shelters. Buy them new if you have too and sell them when you are done. $300 large 11x11 mid can hold 5 boys and weigh under 60 oz with a floor, pole adapter, and stakes...

In Philmont » Some tent questions
April 05, 7:25pm

somnus
It appears to be a quality shell, and good down, good price point and weight. But a lot of buyers seem to hate the center zip, and the zipper ends up on their face too and irritates them. A b...

In Gear Deals » Stoic Somnus 30 on steep and cheap now
April 05, 5:46pm

footwear
My son and I just did 3 day trip, 27 miles, wearing trail runners and socks. Somewhere north of 35 water crossings. Our feet stayed wet the whole time, no problems. Actually, when we got hot ...

In GEAR » footwear for wet, cool canyon hiking
April 05, 5:38pm

mega
The only thing I dont like about my megalite is its too heavy. I wish it weighed 16oz so I wouldnt always be eyeballing lighter alternatives.

In GEAR » WM Alpinlite or Megalite as 3 season bag for warm sleeper?
April 05, 5:31pm

UL SS #3
Then it wouldnt be UL anymore.

In GEAR » Dear Mont-bell, Please put more down in your UL SS #3 Sleeping Bag
April 05, 5:26pm

Re: nylofume noise
Used two last weekend on a 27 mile , two night trip. They get much quieter with a little use. No problems . Used for foodbag liner and pack liner. Slept with food and wasnt harrassed by any wil...

In Gear Swap » FS: Nylofume Bags, Round 3
April 05, 5:16pm

camera
Todays small compact cameras with lithium batteries are fairly power efficient. If you are worried about battery life, buy a spare on ebay and carry it too, only about ~.75oz. With a $200 4....

In Philmont » Cameras at Philmont
April 03, 4:23pm

myog
MYOG tyvek mitts, dirt cheap, less than 1 ounce.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and cheap rain mitt
March 30, 3:55pm

sp600
Jason Klass has some suggestions too out there, search for his websites and videos. I believe that many make alcohol stoves overly complicated for virtually no benefit. A simple tealight is u...

In GEAR » SnowPeak 600 - stoves
March 29, 6:47pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm