BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1734 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...174

Forum » Thread

evernew 1.3
I find the evernew 1.3L with built in folding handles perfect for 2. Has pour spout molded into lip, and can easily be poured with one hand using the handles , very important when pouring water ...

In GEAR » Pots for 2 people/couples
June 07, 9:04pm

cat stove
SP600 is really too small for a supercat stove made from 3oz cat food can, the pot bottom covers the stove (no flame area) and there is no bottom area left for heating. All your heat goes up the si...

In GEAR » fancy feast stove issues
June 07, 5:46pm

training
Whatever you can do is better than nothing. I personally think resistance training, coupled with basic cardio works fine. I lift wts, and do cardio on elliptical machine at gym. No problems. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training on a treadmill
June 04, 7:40pm

roan
Did that recently on a section with my 13yo son. I would rate the part from Carvers gap to Hump mountain as "moderate quot;. Especially the balds. Scenic..yes. Tough...not at all. Some shor...

In Post-Trip Reports » How I almost got my buddy hurt in the Roan Highlands
June 02, 4:20pm

circuit
Im 19.5" torso, and my medium is shorter on me than I prefer. My Ohm in medium is quite a bit longer. Like others say, in reality it runs a bit smaller than they think. Honestly I would go w...

In GEAR » ULA Circuit sizing
June 02, 4:07pm

grit
Frequent washing of socks , feet, and shoes will help the issue. Ive gone up to 3 days with the same socks with no washing, and by 40 miles my feet were dirty and gritty, but still no blisters or ...

In GEAR » Trail Runners & Sand, Dust & Grit
June 01, 9:19pm

megalite
I like my megalite just like it is. With the majority of the down on top, its loft is about 4" in the middle of the bag, and easily 7-8" at the neck and foot areas. If you are on a de...

In GEAR » WM Alpinlite or Megalite as 3 season bag for warm sleeper?
May 24, 7:35pm

sterilize
Not arguing against it, since it takes no time, and adds no weight. But if you follow good cleanliness protocol, why should there be a need to do anything you dont do on a normal campout or at h...

In Philmont » Philmont cooking
May 19, 9:19am

fire
Yes any type stove could cause a fire. But not necessarily in the same way alcohol can. To ignore the fact that alcohol may be a bit more hazardous and have a greater possibility of being spi...

In GEAR » Alcohol cookers...please be careful out there
May 19, 8:43am

food
I dont think that 1 extra days food each leg between resupply is really the problem. When the average pack weighs 45 lbs+ hitting the trail, the problem is most people are carrying too much gear,...

In Philmont » Philmont commissay
May 14, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm