BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1261 - 1270 of 1633 | Page: 1 ...118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ...164

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Frustrated:: Need options Base layer
Angela's post sums it all up, but I'll add a little.... I used some CHEAP poly stuff for many years, still for sale @ Sierra Trading Post. I forget the brand, but if you search their si...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Frustrated:: Need options Base layer
August 19, 8:04am

Re: Re: Re: WTB: Quilt, I've decided to try one...
Chris, I'm similar to you in regards to my set-ups. Gatewood & bivy on the ground and hammock in the trees. My JRB No Sniveller has seen me thru many nights in those temps in both sh...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Quilt, I've decided to try one...
August 18, 1:03pm

Re: WTB: Quilt, I've decided to try one...
Chris, As the happy owner of two quilts (both from above mentioned company) I can say many of us love 'em, some hate 'em. Tell us more about your sleep system, expected temps, base pa...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Quilt, I've decided to try one...
August 18, 8:18am

Re: Re: Re: 3 Season Gear List - North East
"The Golite is only 10oz and does triple duty as a temporary shelter (for lunches, etc...), pack cover and as my raingear. The MLD sil and cuben poncho/tarps are lighter, but I already have th...

In Gear Lists » 3 Season Gear List - North East
August 17, 2:22pm

Re: Jacks R Better No Sniveller!
It is VERY viable. To reap the full benefits, though, I've found I need to be in temps where I wouldn't need to add a vest or jacket during sleep. I mean - if you have to bring one of t...

In GEAR » Jacks R Better No Sniveller!
August 14, 2:03pm

Re: Possum Down: buy direct from NZ?
Do I smell a group buy opportunity?

In GEAR » Possum Down
August 14, 11:55am

Re: Quilt: Jacks R' Better vs. Nuntak???
Hi Tony, I have owned my JRB quilts (including the No Sniveller) for several years and am very happy. I can't imagine you being unhappy with either, but having owned the JRB, I can say pa...

In GEAR » Quilt: Jacks R' Better vs. Nuntak???
August 12, 2:29pm

Re: Firesteel vs. Bic
I agree w/Dave. A BIC is convenient and in my pack. But the Firesteel is sooooooo reliable. Always with me, too.

In GEAR » Firesteel vs. Bic
August 11, 11:20am

Re: Bushbuddy Ultra vrs. Bushcooker Lt.
I don't own either stove, and both look great. I don't see the Bushcooker as a "cheap knock-off", though. Well thought-out, different design, smaller, and lighter weight. I, ...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy Ultra vrs. Bushcooker Lt.
August 10, 4:31pm

Re: Re: Bug free
No spin. Jack always discloses his professional affiliation by his avatar, or in his posts. His preference for hammocks are what got him started in the business.

In GEAR » Quilt and Tarp (No Bivy)
August 09, 2:55pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.