BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1251 - 1260 of 1540 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Waterproofing a wind shirt
Miguel, It is not feasible if you have a version of the Marmot Ion that is breathable. The 2006 model was not breathable according to many posts to this forum. The pore sizes on breathable wi...

In GEAR » Waterproofing a wind shirt
June 22, 6:21pm

Re: Cubenator-Why not a catenary cut
Did you consider using a BD Mid or other catenary cut design for a pattern? The catenary cut does an awsome job of spilling wind with only the four corners staked out.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Mid 90% complete
May 31, 3:09pm

Re: durability of Momentum's DWR
The durability is primarily determined by the DWR type rather than the fabric. DWRs, available retail, last about 30-50 miles of abrasion from either your pack rubbing on your upper body or brush r...

In Make Your Own Gear » durability of Momentum's DWR
May 30, 10:46am

Re: New Balance Fugu
Paul- I just received this jacket and local temps are too warm to wear it. It will be awhile before I can test the breathability is a cold field environment. You said, "(+) A second, side-e...

In GEAR » New Balance Fugu down jacket
May 27, 2:34pm

New Balance Fugu
I have a few things to add to Paul's recommendation to purchase the Fugu including the warmth of the jacket, the fabrics used, and the looks. The New Balance Fugu claimed 4.6F increase in warmt...

In GEAR » New Balance Fugu down jacket
May 26, 8:31pm

Re: packrafting pfds - new most favorite
I use and recommend the following PFD options for packrafting. All carry weights are applicable to 45" chest models (L/XL): -For very hot weather and non WW packrafting, the SOS waist infla...

In Photo Gallery » Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
May 23, 5:15pm

Off Road Crocs
My size 11 Off Road Crocs weigh 7 oz each. They have an adjustable heel cinch so that you can lock them on your feet. The closed toe reduces foot bruising and the amount of gravel that ends up unde...

In Fishing » Ultralight wading shoes
May 22, 11:15am

Re: Bizzard Protection Systems
Victor, The good news is that the bag lives up to its claim for insulation. The bad news it will take up about 10 times the original vacum pac space after you use it the first time. Even with a ...

In GEAR » Bizzard Protection Systems
May 17, 11:20pm

Re: Podcasts
I couln't find any podcast link for interview 2. The only thing I could access was the text from Andrew's site.

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
May 15, 11:34pm

Re: eVent leaks? I might have experienced this...
Thomas - The WPB "I think it might be leaking" phenomenon is most frequently caused by the jacket's outer surface wetting out from abrasion and/or frequent rain. You can determine...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Montane eVENT Quick-Fire Jacket REVIEW
April 25, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm