Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1251 - 1260 of 1519 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ...152

Forum » Thread

Beyond Fleece Mojave; Feedback on Patagonia Simple Guide Pant, Jackalope Pant and Golite Journey
I've finally had the chance to check out the Patagonia Simple Guide Pant and new Jackalope Pant, and would like to share the following observations: Patagonia Simple Guide Pant - excellent c...

In GEAR » Best 3 season breathable backpacking pant? Cloudveil Inertia, Golite Synergy/Trinity, etc.
October 13, 11:16am

Keen boot sizing - cut small, order at least 1 full size up from street shoe
Hope this helps anyone picking up these excellent winter boots: My wife and I had a chance to carefully try the sizing of 2 sizes each of the Keen Growler boots, and we can tell you without a do...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 13, 10:53am

Donna, how did you find the sizing?
I'm embarrassed to say we haven't even had a chance to size ours yet. Donna, how did you find the sizing? Trying ours on tonight.

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 12, 2:42pm

20% or More Discount for Northern Lites Snowshoe Group Order
Hi All, First, thanks again for the excellent advice (see snowshoe thread in the Gear Forum). Second, there's a retailer near us that sells snowshoes, and they know our area doesn't s...

In Gear Swap » 15% Discount for Northern Lites Snowshoe Group Order
October 12, 2:26pm

15% Discount for Northern Lites Group Order
Hi All, First, thanks again for the excellent advice. Second, there's a retailer near us that sells snowshoes, and they know our area doesn't see much snow. If I can get a group orde...

In GEAR » Which snowshoes to get for winter hiking/backpacking
October 12, 2:22pm

what do you use for snowshoe poles?
This is slightly off topic, but what do you use for poles? We have Leki Air Ergo Ti PA (I think that's what they are called) hiking poles - they are collapsible, not single pole. There are sn...

October 11, 9:44pm

this is what's so great about BPL
Doug, This is what I love about BPL - you can get such great information from the site and especially from the community. I was able to narrow to 2 great choices over a matter of hours (instead...

October 11, 9:41pm

thanks Kathleen, very sensible, Northern Lites
Hi Kathleen, Very sensible advice. Going with the Northern Lites would make the decision a little easier, because we fit nicely into their weight ranges. I have read very good things about NL ...

October 11, 8:54pm

for example
For example, women's Ascent 22s (80-150lbs) - can my wife get away with these if she ways 130lbs, without pack? The Ascent 25 goes to 200lbs. The men's Ascent 25 is for 125-225lbs. The...

October 11, 7:33pm

how closely to follow weight guidelines?
Also another practical question - how close should we stay to the suggested weight guidelines? If my wife is 130 lbs and generally will be carrying a day hiking pack and sometimes a long weekend...

October 11, 7:27pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm