Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1251 - 1260 of 1655 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ...166

Forum » Thread

Best esbit stove
Which esbit stove do you recommend? Is there one you recommend that's sold on BPL? (hoping to take advantage of the sale). I'll usually be using it to cook for 2.

In GEAR » Best esbit stove
December 28, 2:11pm

overboots
If you need the extra warmth, overboots are a good way to extend the warmth of your winter footwear. We are wearing Neos overboots in my avatar photo (I forget the name of the model, but they ar...

In GEAR » snow boots
December 28, 1:56pm

thumbs up on Growlers
The Keen Growlers are excellent. My wife and I have used them winter hiking and snowshoeing with Northern Lites snowshoes. In very cold weather (snowshoeing Mt Mansfield in VT in 5F with -20 wind...

In GEAR » snow boots
December 28, 1:48pm

pack
Is that a Golite Infinity pack?

In Editor's Roundtable » Metamorphosis 3: Walking the Edge
December 14, 11:38pm

Looking for good winter weekend backpacking gear lists for Sierra Nevada
Hi all, Back to BPL after a busy move to the W Coast from the E Coast, and now the Sierra is my playground : ) I'm looking for some good winter gear lists for weekend winter backpacking, bu...

In Winter Hiking » Looking for good winter weekend backpacking gear lists for Sierra Nevada
December 03, 9:42pm

Looking for good winter weekend backpacking gear lists for Sierra Nevada
Hi all, Back to BPL after a busy move to the W Coast from the E Coast, and now the Sierra is my playground : ) I'm looking for some good winter gear lists for weekend trips - can anyone poi...

In Gear Lists » Looking for good winter weekend backpacking gear lists for Sierra Nevada
December 03, 9:39pm

lightest fixed blade combo serrated/smooth you've seen? 530SBK very nice for weight
What are the lightest fixed blade combo blades (serrated/smooth) you've seen? This thread always comes up every so often, always new info. The 530SBK looks like a very light and strong fol...

In GEAR » A serious lightweight blade
February 27, 5:51pm

how are you sizing
are you sizing against base layer or as a belay jacket? as a belay jacket, go one size up and you should be fine.

In GEAR » Women's sized synthetic jacket
January 24, 1:42pm

try the Thermawrap Parka
Montbell has some fit issues sometimes (example - Thermawrap Vest, which they told me they were redesigning because of widespread fit issues), but they make great stuff. Try the Montbell women'...

In GEAR » Women's sized synthetic jacket
January 24, 8:03am

is it bothering you?
While I've enjoyed the other responses, the question is, is it bothering you? Because if it's not bothering you and keeping you up, just realize your body is keeping the blood flowing wher...

In GEAR » Cold butt
January 22, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm