Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1251 - 1260 of 1506 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ...151

Forum » Thread

Denalis
Hi Joshua, aren't the Denali's the same thing just a bit heavier and stronger?

In GEAR » Which snowshoes to get for winter hiking/backpacking
October 11, 7:12pm

MSR Lightning Ascent 22 Snowshoes
When I clicked on the link for them, the specs list them for users 100-175 lbs. Is there another model for heavier snowshoers?

October 11, 7:11pm

thanks Kathleen, but those are probably not strong enough for my weight, good for my wife though
Hi Kathleen, I weigh 185 lbs, so I think that pair might not be strong enough for me, though they could work for my wife at 130 lbs. Thanks for the sale link.

October 11, 7:04pm

MSR Denali
Hudson Highlands are in our backyard - about 1 hr 15 min from us. Hiked Bear Mountain and surrounding areas a bunch of times. 1) So the model now is called the Denali? 2) How heavy are they? 3)...

October 11, 4:56pm

full waterproof
I am thinking about going full waterproof, which is why I've been interested in the Komperdell gloves and the MLD Mitts.

In GEAR » Lightweight waterproof rain mitts/gloves
October 11, 4:50pm

Komperdell
I've emailed Komperdell for weights of their seam sealed waterproof gloves, but no answer after 2 days. Willl share what I find out (though my guess is that they are heavier and will probably ...

October 11, 4:12pm

Which snowshoes to get for winter hiking/backpacking
Which Northern Lights or other maker snowshoes would you recommend for snowshoeing day to a week trips for use mostly cross country (it would be nice to have snowshoes that work both for sharper sl...

October 11, 4:09pm

Montbell warning on defective Thermawrap cut
I called Montbell about the weird sizing today and it turns out that they recognize that the vests are defective in terms of cut and have been getting many customer complaints about them. The sizi...

In GEAR » Montbell Thermawrap Vest sizing advice
October 11, 4:05pm

Montbell Thermawrap Vest sizing advice
My wife and I just ordered Montbell Thermawrap vests, having had great experience with the hooded parka (only 13 oz in L and super warm), but have found the sizing all over the place. We got a S, ...

In GEAR » Montbell Thermawrap Vest sizing advice
October 11, 10:25am

thanks. do you also know anything in a glove form that's a little more durable?
Thanks Mark, I was looking for something just like that. I've read your excellent home page and was going to go back to that section on handwear. Do you also know of other handwear that i...

October 08, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm