BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1251 - 1260 of 1447 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ...145

Forum » Thread

Rab Vapour-Rise
Do you know if the Rab Vapour-Rise is much different than the DriClime? It's clearly heavier than the DriClime jacket, but the Driclime doesn't come with a hood. I've read very good t...

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 13, 7:42pm

thanks, lighter weight dynamic in late spring, summer and early fall
Thanks Dylan - based on your experience, how do you think they'd be in a lighter weight for summer, late spring and early fall? http://beyondclothing.com/customize/steel-shock-convertible-pant/

In GEAR » Has anyone tried Beyond Fleece's Steel Convertible Pants (Schoeller Dynamic)
September 13, 2:40pm

Dynamic hiking pants
Anyone try these? I've seen Dynamic pants mentioned in the fall/winter thread, but I think those are a heavier/thicker version.

In GEAR » Has anyone tried Beyond Fleece's Steel Convertible Pants (Schoeller Dynamic)
September 13, 2:02pm

Vapour-Rise and DriClime warmth
Hi Richard, How do Rab Vapour-Rise garments and Marmot DriClime fair in your calculations? I've always thought the Rab Vapour-Rise jacket would be handy for cold winter use, but it must be ...

September 13, 1:45pm

Info from Cloudveil on their power stretch hoody
OK, got the info on the Cloudveil Run Don't Walk power stretch hoody from Matt at Cloudveil. Seems like it's very close to the R1 except for the hood, which is not a snug fitting balaclava...

September 12, 6:08pm

Smartwool Hoody really a base layer replacement; Balaclava
Richard, thanks again for the weight on the Smartwool Hoody. Given the lower warmth for the weight, it seems more like a replacement for a light to mid-layer long sleeve base layer, not a midlayer...

September 12, 1:16pm

thanks, Smartwool Shadow
Thanks Richard How does the Smartwool Shadow compare with a power dry or power stretch option with a balaclava hood? I remember it was supposed to be light, maybe 9-12 ounces.

September 12, 10:27am

where to find Shadow Hoody
Brett, Jaiden, Ah, yes. I thought they stopped making the Shadow Hoody. I was looking for it a while back but it was out of production, and it doesn't show on their website. Where can you get...

September 12, 8:45am

shadow hoody?
What is the Shadow Hoody? What is it made of and who makes it?

September 12, 7:08am

right there with you Brett
Hi Brett, I'm right there with you. I wouldn't have picked mine up if: a) I wasn't selling a regular zip top R1 from a few years back I haven't used much and a few other it...

September 12, 7:06am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm