BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1251 - 1260 of 1478 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ...148

Forum » Thread

Found the successor - the Keen Blackcomb boot; Proper sizing
Richard, I owe you again. When I went to search for that boot I found the lighter weight true successor to the Growler - it's the Blackcomb boot. http://www.rei.com/product/756416?vcat=REI_...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 01, 12:21pm

Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
I'm looking for a good light late fall/winter hiking boot with about 200g Primaloft or Thinsulate insulation for men and women that my wife and I can use as part of a lightweight winter footwea...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 01, 11:20am

Duofold, apparently, is out of the underwear business
Simon, everyone in my unit believed they were not stinky. I think , from an evolutionary perspective, it would be a mess if we were all naturally sensitive to our own odor. Trying to order a fe...

In GEAR » Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
September 30, 4:35pm

Griptilian weight
The fixed blade Griptilian weighs 4.60oz., not a huge weight savings, but the sheath may be much lighter than the sheath of the Seal Pup.

In GEAR » Good lightweight fixed blade knife + sheath, preferably straight + serrated blade
September 27, 9:03pm

back to the beginning
Well, it looks like this has taken me back full circle to the beginning. Jeff, I have the Seal Pup knife, which is an excellent quality knife and comes in at 5.4 oz., without the sheath. Has both...

In GEAR » Good lightweight fixed blade knife + sheath, preferably straight + serrated blade
September 27, 8:59pm

Anyone know where I can get SD Isotope Pants M's and W's?
Sold out in the few places I could find that carry them. Would like to pick up before a trip in a week and a half - sincerely appreciate any leads!

In Gear Deals » Anyone know where I can get SD Isotope Pants M's and W's?
September 26, 9:41pm

Where to find SD Isotope Pants, Men's and Women's?
Every place I could find that carries these was sold out. Does anyone know where I can get them? Looking for a men's Large and a women's Medium (size 8). Trying to pick them up before ...

In GEAR » Where to find SD Isotope Pants, Men's and Women's?
September 26, 7:51pm

right there with you on wool, but not for mid-summer
Hi Pam, I'm right there with you on good quality merino wool - I use it most of the time. And I've got Ibex fine merino briefs, which again, I use most of the time (3 season under 60F)....

September 25, 6:56pm

seriously testers can best judge themselves
Seriously, I think every tester knows the level of stink they deal with regularly - they'll know, as we all do, when a particular garment traps odor more than another. And they can always try ...

September 25, 5:48pm

there must be a better way
Mike, I love the smell of a campfire, but there must be a better way than jumping over open flames in our underwear... Again, I vote for a BPL research study / stink off. No one else can b...

September 25, 3:25pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm