BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1569 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Energy gels advantages
Reinhold - As your heart rate goes up you transition from burning primarily fat to primarily carbohydrates. For a JMT record attempt you need a very small amount of protein, no fat, and mostly c...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Atempt Report
August 10, 9:14am

Re: Salomon S-Lab XA Pro 3 review
Michael - Thanks for the review. The pictures added a lot to the text.

August 09, 9:06pm

Strong interest in a full review of Salomon S-Lab XA Pro 3
Regarding "...if you want a full review of what is left of the shoes or how they held up, let me know" Please provide a full review! This topic is especially interesting since appropri...

August 08, 5:57pm

Re: International Thermal Standard (Theoretical Male)
Joshua - Correct. The definition of the standard male and female wasn't included in any public domain document that I am aware of. The first time I tried to understand it, I got stuck the sa...

In GEAR » Thermawrap warm enough?
August 07, 4:09pm

Re: hmm... something's not clicking for me...
Joshua - Most, if not all, of the International thermal standards use the same theoretical male and female. If you multiply the W/m2 times the surface area, you will get a resting wattage of...

August 07, 3:36pm

Re: Richard, calculator comment
Brett - The higher the muscle %, the higher the BMR. Generally this factor far outweighs the offsetting insulation value of more fat.

August 07, 7:40am

Re: Richard, what about fat% for BMR
Brett - Use the more comprehensive calculator set at http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/ to determine both you and your girfriend's Harris and Benedict BMR plus all other possible correlation fact...

August 07, 12:35am

Re: Thanks again Richard.
Brett - You are correct. I made a detailed series of posts about this phenomenon in the forum a while back. In addition, those posts contained a BMR calculator URL. Age, sex, weight, and height are...

August 06, 11:15pm

Re: thanks, richard!
Josuha - The EN 13537 tests are done with the old orange 1.75" Thermarest standard. Its specs are R value = 5.8 or M2KV = .876. Last year I posted a very detailed explanation of how to adjust ...

August 06, 3:43pm

Forum bug still there after about a year
EN13537 should provide a hot link entitled EN13537. Until BPL fixes this bug you will have to manually place the URL http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/uploadedFiles/Sleep%20Well_Pt1_E.pdf#search=%22%22A%...

August 06, 1:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm