BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 2934 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...294

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
I've never hiked in hot weather that wasn't dry. I imagine I would feel like a soggy wet mess. The idea of an undershirt is interesting to me. I feel like it makes me much hotter but I see...

In GEAR » Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
August 27, 9:14pm

Re: How much water?
My strategy is to carry more than I need and drink most of it early in the hike.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much water?
August 27, 9:11pm

Re: Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
Your feet should be conditioned by now. What do you wear every day? You could try wearing very minimal shoes and switch over to trail runners when you hike. This should speed up any conditioning. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 9:30am

Re: Re: Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
Cotton is great in hot weather. I get that synthetics are more comfortable because they keep you dry, but cotton is going to seriously outperform nylon or polyester in keeping you cool and preservi...

In GEAR » Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
August 27, 2:36am

Re: Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
Ditch the filter. Hiking in the Rockies, I assume you won't be dealing with nasty water. Filtering it would be pointless. There are much lighter option like iodine tabs, aquamira, or the sterip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 12:26am

Re: Re: Re Re Ursac
Your argument is philosophical and very principled, but it's not logical. Bears are not endangered animals in yoseite. If one becomes a problem then the best thing is to remove it. Humans have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 25, 9:13pm

Re: Re: time...
and then however long it takes you to eat and clean your pot. My problem with cooked food is I have a very unreliable sense of appetite when hiking, especially on the first couple days. I will...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cook/no cook weight difference
August 25, 8:48pm

Re: Re: cook/no cook weight difference
That's assuming that you are carying no-cook foods that have water content. That defeats the whole purpose. If you really need your no cook food to have a moisture, then maybe you should be usi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cook/no cook weight difference
August 24, 10:20pm

Re: recommendations for trips in northern California that allows campfires?
I think the Trinity Alps Wilderness still allows campfires, but I could be wrong.

In Pre-Trip Planning » recommendations for trips in northern California that allows campfires?
August 24, 10:59am

Re: Backpacking Tights - Part 2
I posted this in the other thread, but to anyone looking for tights with abrasion resistance, try some baseball pants.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 2
August 21, 8:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am