BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 2797 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...280

Forum » Thread

Re: ""She was right there — arm's distance — I hit her with some bear spray," Braconnier recalled. Undeterred, the bear turned on Farkas, who was fumbling with a shotgun."
Solution? Carry some camouflage fabric. When the bear charges throw it over you and hide. Should work... right? Really it sounds like there is nothing that can adequately and reliably protect yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray AND gun used in bear encounter
July 08, 11:57am

Re: Re: Chinese "Tenkara"
"Two weekends ago when I was at the local casting club's pools I certainly ruffled a few feathers by breaking out the Chinese rod." Why does every sport/hobby have elitist doucheba...

In Fishing » Chinese "Tenkara"
July 08, 11:41am

Re: Bootmaking theory
These might not work for you and I don't know how much ankle support it would add, but it's worth a look: http://www.bellevilleboot.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=97 Weighs less...

In GEAR » Bootmaking theory
July 08, 11:13am

Re: 3.3?
You do understand that the lighter the clothing is, the less warm it will be right? If you just want something to keep your sleeping bag clean in warm weather (where thicker long underwear would be...

In GEAR » Lightest long garment possible? (For sleeping?)
July 08, 1:12am

Re: ...or hike off trail
I totally agree with Paul. Off trail hiking is fun, so much fun that you won't be rushing or concerned with mileage. You will want to explore places in a non linear fashion - just hopping aroun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
July 07, 8:30pm

Re: The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
Try getting into fishing. That should slow you down a bit.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
July 07, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Tights
Tights for brush protection? Are you being serious here? Summer weight tights will rip instantly. No protection at all. I do hike in running tights often though. Thin tights are borderline obscen...

In GEAR » Pants or no pants for those who run HOT
July 06, 10:02pm

socks
I carry one pair synthetic socks and one pair of thick wool socks. The wool socks are mostly to change into at night but if i get caught in cold rain or snow their ability to insulate while wet can...

In GEAR » Sock philosophy - synthetic or wool? Solution for wet feet?
July 06, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Great idea
"Or you could all wood-crafty about t and tie a bundle of sticks together with grass or a strip of bark from a(dead!) branch or root. Or just kill a bison and spin its hair into twine." ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Wood Fires
July 06, 4:16pm

soot
Soot must be a wood stove thing. I always cook over a small open fire and i usually dont get enough soot to worry about it rubbing off. I generally wait until its down to coals. The soot must come ...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Wood Fires
July 06, 4:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am