BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1655 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...166

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Bivy Sacks?
Then you should be able to get by with any of the above mentioned bivies. The Equinox bivy is awesome and cheap, but you will need a headnet or other bug protection. I know you specified you wa...

In GEAR » Bivy Sacks?
October 04, 12:02pm

Re: no flaws or significant wear
Then consider the vest SOLD. Paypal ok?

In Gear Swap » fs wm flash vest, kahtoola, at maps
October 04, 11:46am

Re: Flash vest is used
Ok. Any flaws or significant wear? Thanks

October 04, 11:39am

Re: fs wm flash vest, kahtoola, at maps
If the Flash Vest is like new, I'll take it. Pls let me know. Paypal? Thanks, Todd

October 04, 11:36am

Re: BPL Summer backpacking course
Frank I'm glad you had such a great time. Looks like a sure way to learn a TON! Beautiful, too.

In Post-Trip Reports » BPL Summer backpacking course
October 03, 9:24pm

Re: Please Explain
Jason, (My apologies, Yukio, if I get this wrong) It appears the ring is simply the frame for the foil. He molded the foil around the ring, then used the clips/clothespins(?) to give it the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot lid reinforced with stainless steel ring
October 03, 8:15pm

Re: Bivy Sacks?
Where will you be using it most?

In GEAR » Bivy Sacks?
October 03, 7:17pm

Re: Down jackets vs. Primaloft
If you hike in your insulating layer, then it's a big risk. I wouldn't try it. If not, go with down!

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket vs. Extremely Light Jacket
October 03, 7:01pm

Re: Under 100 bucks
Brett, The Equinox tarps are actually well made and durable. I haven't heard of many failures of the grommets, but if that is a concern you could sew, or hand stitch, small grosgrain tabs n...

In GEAR » Solo Tarp without a Bivy
October 02, 2:07pm

Re: FBC Cozy from 1/8" Foam Pad?
It works GREAT! Both duct tape and silicone adhesive work to hold it together, and sewing might work as well.

In GEAR » FBC Cozy from 1/8" Foam Pad?
October 01, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.