Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1568 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Complete beginner - like Osprey Exos 46, would like something a little cheaper
Toby, Welcome to the Forums...think that you will people here will be very generous with helping ask any question that you can think of. They were with me. This does not directly relate to...

In GEAR » Complete beginner - like Osprey Exos 46, would like something a little cheaper
February 24, 2:48pm

Re: And the Oscar goes to: The JMT for best trail ever!!
Jay, With all these great photos that you have, you should seriously think about putting a photo essay together about your own trip with a bit of narration. You can toss up a few each day and...

In Photo Gallery » JMT-
February 22, 9:19pm

Re: Alternate to Skyline to Sea Trail
Nathan, Thanks for coming back with a trip report to your adventure. You must have covered a lot of miles on your two day trip. If I could ask, how many miles did you end up doing on your ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Alternate to Skyline to Sea Trail
February 22, 1:57am

BPL tests I'd like to see.....
I would like to see an updated report comparing various bivies. As far as I know, there are no BPL reviews of the Mountain Laurel Designs bivies or of many of the products that Ron has come out ...

In GEAR » BPL tests I'd like to see.....
February 20, 12:21pm

JMT Pics, Love Em!
Jay, Keep them coming. Really gives me a nice smile on my face as I grind it out in my cube at work. :) -Tony

In Photo Gallery » JMT-
February 20, 11:05am

Trail Runner Durability
I just bought my 3rd pair of Innov-8 shoes in less than 3 years. I am guessing that I might be getting 200 miles out of mine before they need to be replaced. In the case of my two Terroc 330&...

In GEAR » trail shoes durability
February 19, 4:45pm

Vapor Barrier Socks for Cold Feet in a Sleeping Bag???
Andrew, Thank you for providing a complete explaination of Vapor Barrier Clothing and demystifying how it works. Does anyone think that using Vapor Barrier Socks in a 40F bag in the shoulder ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vapor Barrier Liners
February 19, 1:05pm

Re: Tarp Guyline advice?
Elizabeth, You might want to check out the link below to MLD. Ron has some suggested lengths for tarps. http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=...

In GEAR » Tarp Guyline advice?
February 19, 11:27am

HELP: HOW TO DEAL WITH MUDDY DRINKING WATER?????
Rob, Being on the West Coast, I guess I am spoiled by clear water streams and rivers. Given your situation, it sounds like you would want to pre-filter your water before you treat it with a m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » newbie, needs some advice
February 18, 12:11pm

Re: Gregory Z55
Chuck, My first lightweight pack was the Z55 and I still have it and would use it for any trip where I am carrying more then 25 lbs of weight. I have carried it on the High Sierra Trail to Mt...

In GEAR » pack suggestions
February 18, 11:56am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm