Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1524 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...153

Forum » Thread

BPLers GGG: Point Reyes, CA
BPLers Gathering of Gear Geeks: Point Reyes, California January 24th & 25th 2009 Palomarin Trailhead 5.5 miles to Wild Cat Camp sites 1AB at Wild Cat Beach Wild Cat Beach & Alamere Fa...

In Photo Gallery » BPLers GGG: Point Reyes, CA
January 27, 11:00pm

Re: Nunatak Arc Alpinist: What Customizations?
Jason, Thanks alot for taking the time to give me your thoughts on all of this. I am learning a lot in a short time....gotta love the people on the forums! Last question that I can think o...

In GEAR » Nunatak Arc Alpinist: What Customizations?
January 27, 5:18pm

Re: Nunatak Arc Alpinist: What Customizations?
Richard & Jason, Thanks for taking the time to give you the great suggestions based on your own experience. When you are talking about the number of inches of the baffles, this is the hei...

January 27, 10:06am

Re: Good times
Good time indeed....more like, "When ULer's go bad!" :) Jeremy is being modest/humble, but his pack won the distinction of being the lightest at 13 lbs and he was carrying a bottle...

In Post-Trip Reports » Point Reyes, January 24th and 25th
January 26, 2:07pm

Nunatak Arc Alpinist: What Customizations?
I have never used a quilt before and just started researching them. I just returned from a trip to Point Reye, CA with temps about 45 degrees F in my Marmot Atom 40 F bag and was just okay to sl...

January 26, 1:41pm

Re: Pt. Reyes
To everyone who went out on the trip, I need your help! Apparently, my camera was set to video mode while Denis was taking photos of us at the trail head on the step facing Denis. Could someo...

January 26, 10:57am

Re: Rancheria Falls Trip in April
Here are some photos of the area that we would be going to: Photos are from Aug 2005 & Early May 2006 (These are of the raging waters)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rancheria Falls Trip in April
January 25, 6:10pm

Re: Point Reyes, January 24th and 25th 2009
Casey, It was more like 254 photos and I am sure that a vast majority of them won't make the cut for the photo essay. To everyone....it was great to meet you all and to put a face to the ...

January 25, 6:01pm

Beer, Tarps, Rain, & a Gun
I can just see it now in the news: "UL Backpackers found drunk and shot over an argument about who has the lightest pack and who gets the dry spot under the tarp." This is going to ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Point Reyes Trip January 24th-Please Read
January 22, 5:27pm

Re: Insulating Layer(s)
Roger, I have worn as many as 5 light and thin layers to keep me warm in the winter time and often three for my three season backpacking. For me, this is typical layering system that I have a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Testimony: Lighter, Farther, Faster
January 22, 3:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm