BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1463 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...147

Forum » Thread

RE: "A lightweight case for my glasses?"
Brian, Great information and thanks for sharing! Question: How ridged is the tubing? Can it be crushed/deformed in the pack and therefore crush the glasses? Again, appreciate the links ...

In GEAR » A lightweight case for my glasses?
December 16, 2:05pm

Short People & The Gatewood Cape
Was talking to a Linda Vassallo last night about gear and question came up about the length of the Gatewood Cape in Poncho mode and short people. We are about the same height (5'6" to 5...

In GEAR » Short People & The Gatewood Cape
December 11, 4:19pm

Re: Phantom weight
David, Despite my geekiness, I do not have a digital scale. Also, the weight of my wife's bag would not be accurate, since we seam sealed it to make it waterproof. I also did the same ...

In GEAR » 15 degree bag for women
December 10, 12:41pm

Re: Women's Phantom 15 vs. Helium - Help! Hurry!
David, My wife has the Phantom 15. Between the two, I like my Helium more....the lining of the Helium is much, much softer and I think that the Phantom uses a bit of velcro for the securing t...

In GEAR » 15 degree bag for women
December 10, 12:03pm

Re: Insulation for tubing?
David, Sorry, I am all tapped out of information from my 1 trip into the snow and all of my reading. Personally, for three season, I always want to have a hydration system, but for snow campi...

In GEAR » Winter hydration techniques
December 10, 11:58am

Re: Winter Camping, Water Bottles, & Filters
David, It would have to be pretty cold for your water bladder to freeze while it is inside your pack. The tube is more likely to freeze due to large surface area of the tube vs. the amount of...

December 09, 4:52pm

Re: summer bag for touring
Charlie, Welcome to the forum! For a shelter, you might want to try a Henry Shire Rainbow Tarptent, which would be 2 lbs or less. It does have an option for an interior liner to kinda crea...

In GEAR » summer bag for touring
December 09, 11:31am

Winter Camping, Water Bottles, & Filters
David, One thing you really need to be careful about is preventing your filter from freezing and cracking. If it freezes and cracks, then it is ruined. The one time that I went winter camp...

December 08, 11:50am

Re: Questions for Ye Rainbow / DR Users
Ben, My friend, Jeff, has a double rainbow and he has only set it up once as a freestanding tent. My observation is that the hiking poles need to be longer, three section vs. the two section ...

In GEAR » Questions for Ye Rainbow / DR Users
December 06, 1:42pm

Backpakcing Bucket List
I just saw the movie, The Bucket List, which is a funny & thoughtful movie about two terminal cancer patients who meet in a hospital and decide to make a list of things they wanted to do with t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpakcing Bucket List
December 06, 11:37am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm