Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1483 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...149

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarp Tent Crisis
Nature's Miracle is the name of the product that we use at home to remove dog urine smell from our carpets. It has enzymes to break down the urine. Nature's Miracle has a product/liqu...

In GEAR » Tarp Tent Crisis
January 03, 3:40pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Questions
John, Both are great prices. I would ask you to think about the the conditions in which you will be using your bag. Are you going to be in a lot of wet weather? If you are, the syntheti...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Questions
January 03, 3:36pm

Cult of Personality: Ryan Jordan
What is interesting is that in sales, if it often said that you sell more often to people like yourself. I believe that Ryan Jordan is an INTJ and engineer by education. Perhaps he has create...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
January 03, 1:15pm

Re: Which MLD Bivy?!!
David, Hey, you are welcome...happy to share what little I have learned so far. In hind sight, I too think that the eVent would be overkill in most situations where I was using a tarp. Me ...

In GEAR » Which MLD Bivy?!!
January 03, 11:35am

Peter, Denis is right. Sorry that I was not clear. Yes, the bug netting can be completely zipped up....it allows the air to still circulate in and out of the bag just fine. I would not ...

January 02, 11:09pm

David, I have been using the Soul Side Zip with eVent top over the past year. I know that you are not interested in the eVent fabric, but I can comment on the workmanship and the Super light,...

January 02, 9:42pm

Re: Short
Erik, Good to know....unless I start taking human growth hormone shots or by a miracle have a 2nd puberty hit, I guess that the Gatewood Cape is not an option for me. No worries, I love my ML...

In GEAR » Short People & The Gatewood Cape
January 02, 11:44am

Re: Backpack and sleeping bags
Noah, The Jam2 is a good pack for a very reasonable price, but before you go out and buy a pack, I would highly suggest that you buy the rest of your gear first. Besides overall weight, anoth...

In GEAR » Backpack and sleeping bags
January 01, 1:27pm

Re: Point Reyes January
Ken, Thanks for keeping everyone posted on this upcoming trip. Really looking forward to meet some fellow BPLer's. Hopefully, future trips like this can be arranged. It will be a li...

In Post-Trip Reports » Point Reyes January
December 29, 12:39pm

Re: TARPS -- Rain Solutions
Nate, Check the photos and setup instructions on the Mountain Laurel Design's website. http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=53&osCsid=ee...

In GEAR » TARPS -- Rain Solutions
December 26, 10:24am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm