BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1445 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: Frontier Pro update
David, I have the MSR Mini Water works and I have a friend who has the MSR Sweetwater....I like how much faster/easier it is to use the Sweetwater vs. the Water Works. Since most of my backpa...

In GEAR » Platypus Clean Stream
December 04, 11:39pm

Re: Improving flow rate in a gravity filtration system
David, Good questions. In my case, my Sawyer filter's input is directly connected to a Platypus Filter link, when is then screwed onto the dirty bag. As a result, all of the tubing tha...

December 04, 7:05pm

My life insurance is current and my wife wants me to go take a hike
Sign me up to go! Will be great to meet some fellow BPLer's. -Tony

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Point Reyes Trip January 24th-Please Read
December 04, 4:22pm

Re: Sawyer Filter priming & Sawyer Gravity Filter as Clean Stream Alternative
David, I think that 1 L per minute is possible provided that the dirty bag is hung from a tree branch and that there is a long distance of tubing between the dirty bag and the clean bag. I do...

December 04, 2:14pm

Re: TarpTent
Kelham, Henry Shire's Tarptents are great products. I have the Contrail and love it, but over this past year, I have moved to a MLD Bivy & Poncho Tarp. The Contrail is made of siln...

In GEAR » TarpTent
December 03, 9:38pm

Sawyer Filter priming & Sawyer Gravity Filter as Clean Stream Alternative
Ben, I never have really thought about it, but the Sawyer filter does require priming before using. In the field, after every use, I suck all of the water out of the filter before storing it ...

December 03, 9:14pm

Re: Platypus Clean Stream
David, I am using a Sawyer inline filter, which uses the same hollow tube technology to filter the water. As far as I know, neither the Sawyer or the Clean Stream do not use any active carbon...

December 03, 5:45pm

Re: Alpinlite
David, I did not weight it...I am going off the listed weight. If you want, I can weight mine tonight, subtract the weight of the compression bag and post up my weight tonight. In my case,...

In GEAR » Help me choose a new sleeping bag
December 03, 3:12pm

Re: I did it! 5 lb Base Wt
Linda, Great and detailed gear list in that you show all the combinations of what you carry and weight for full disclosure. Simply an amazing and impressive kit that you have put together. ...

In Gear Lists » I did it! 5 lb Base Wt
December 02, 11:48pm

Re: Adding Husband to my Acct??
Linda, The 1st step in recovery is recognizing the symptoms of addiction before they manifest. Upon reading about your base weight, I locked up my credit cards and took a Ti stake and slammed...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Adding Husband to my Acct??
December 02, 11:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm