BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1453 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: It has a full length zipper
David, You and I are in the same boat, two sleeping bags to do the job. I will say, in hind sight, I would not have gotten the Atom bag because it has sewn through baffles, which I have exper...

In GEAR » 15 degree bag for women
December 06, 11:27am

Re: Sleeping bag for her
David, Questions are a good thing! Why blow money on gear blindly when you can learn from others? I love my Helium EQ, but I am trying to transition to using my 40F Marmot Atom bag for all...

December 06, 3:31am

Re: Re: Aqua-Mira Tabs
Ben, Actually, I don't use the purifier....just their standard filter for biological stuff, which covers everything except viruses. -Tony

In GEAR » aquamira
December 06, 3:13am

Re: Aqua-Mira Tabs
Ben, I don't need any chemicals at all with the Sawyer Filter. http://www.sawyerproducts.com/biological.htm 0.10 Micron Here is the blurp from their website: Biological Filtratio...

In GEAR » aquamira
December 05, 7:38pm

Re: Aqua-Mira vs Tabs?
Ben, As I use a gravity filter, I currently carry AM in liquid form for backup, in case I manage to crack the casing of my filter. AM in liquid form as a shelf life of a few years. Do you...

In GEAR » aquamira
December 05, 6:41pm

Re: 15 degree bag for women
David, Dam, you are full of qustions! You trying to spend your money wisely and learn something??? :) I have the Helium EQ with temps of 25 degrees in a tent. My wife had a 20 degree Si...

December 05, 6:31pm

40 Below Booties
My two cents....I have been snow camping once, this past Feb. I took some 40 Below Booties, which are synthic and a pair is about 9 oz. They do have a nice feature in that there is a foam foo...

In GEAR » Down booties - do you bring 'em?
December 05, 6:25pm

Why no carbon in the Clean Stream Filter
David, My guess is that neither the Sawyer or the Clean Stream have active carbon built in because then it would create an issue of developing a way to open up the filter to then replace the spe...

In GEAR » Platypus Clean Stream
December 05, 4:33pm

Re: Frontier Pro update
David, I have the MSR Mini Water works and I have a friend who has the MSR Sweetwater....I like how much faster/easier it is to use the Sweetwater vs. the Water Works. Since most of my backpa...

December 04, 11:39pm

Re: Improving flow rate in a gravity filtration system
David, Good questions. In my case, my Sawyer filter's input is directly connected to a Platypus Filter link, when is then screwed onto the dirty bag. As a result, all of the tubing tha...

December 04, 7:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm