Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 1241 - 1250 of 1549 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: In-line Carbon Filters for Hydration Systems
Greg, I have used the Katadyn Carbon Cartridge with my Sawyer inline filter. Ben was nice enough to mail this to me for free last year...thank you Ben! I have used it once in the field and...

In GEAR » In-line Carbon Filters for Hydration Systems
February 08, 2:40am

Re: Terroc 330 Replacement Roclite 295 or 305?
Once again, this is why I love this group of people and BPL. Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and taking the time to reply. Definitely going to give the 295s a try when my Terroc we...

In GEAR » Terroc 330 Replacement Roclite 295 or 305?
February 07, 3:44am

Re: Bay Area Hike Suggestions
Bob, Here is that information: Wilderness Press Book, "Camping & Backpacking the San Francisco Bay Area." Page 312 Mississippi Lake and Beyond: The Orestimba Wilderness &qu...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay Area Hike Suggestions
February 06, 11:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Bay Area Hike Suggestions
Bob, I am not sure, but I can look it up in my book this weekend and let you know. I did see the posting, but I may not be available if it is in March. Busy month for me. Will get back ...

February 06, 4:33pm

Re: Bay Area Hike Suggestions
Nate, I have done trips #1 & #2. The Ohlone Trail is suprisingly remote, given its location, which surprised me since it just in my "backyard". The big downer is that a good ...

February 06, 1:24pm

Terroc 330 Replacement Roclite 295 or 305?
I have been using Terroc 330's for a couple of years and love them- the heel fits great, but I have wide feet and could do with a bit more cushioning. I am considering trying out the Roclite...

In GEAR » Terroc 330 Replacement Roclite 295 or 305?
February 06, 1:44am

Re: 3rd week in April
Works for me. I might go up 1 day ahead of everyone else so that I can bring my family. Doing this as an overnighter with a 6 yr old and my wife would not work out....14 miles in two days! ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rancheria Falls Trip in April
February 05, 12:35pm

The Stinky Durian Fruit as Bear Repellant & Aphrodisiac
Tom, I just read your email to my wife. She says that she is your woman...she'd be happy to hike a few miles with you! I'd leave the two of you to your lust filled Durian lovefest....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Others Bug Me With This in the Backcountry!
February 04, 9:21pm

Re: your food stinks
Tom, Don't forget that you can use it as a weapon to club a bear if all else fails! Big, brown, spikey ball of fruit that smells like gasoline. I have tried Durian in Singapore with my...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Others Bug Me With This in the Backcountry!
February 04, 6:42pm

Re: Trinity Alps
Man, you guys are killing me! We must all be hurting to get out onto the trail. More photos please....need to get my "fix" of the outdoors as I sit in my office cube. -Tony

In Photo Gallery » Trinity Alps
February 04, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm