Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1654 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...166

Forum » Thread

Re: Blizzard Bag
Robert - If you aren't carrying a sleeping bag, the Blizzard bag is better because it provides both the bivy function and the sleeping bag insulation function. If you are carrying a sleeping...

In GEAR » BlizzardBag; Richard N. help with Togs
November 26, 5:43pm

Re: Re: Re: blizzard bag
Christopher, On my postal scale, a vacum packaged Blizzard Bag weighs 12.5 oz (354 g).

November 26, 11:59am

Re: blizzard bag
Ian, I agree with Mike's answer realtive to your vapor barrier question. Regarding your question about repackaging the bag... it will require a compression sack to get it near the size o...

November 26, 11:28am

Re: Re: Re: blizzard bag/clo
Christopher, As a cell size increases, air moves from conduction flow, to laminar flow, to convection flow. They licensed the Mont-bell SS patent and applied it in a unique way so that they keep...

November 26, 11:23am

Re: blizzard bag/clo
Christopher, The Blizzard bag's Tog value was measured using a manikin test conducted by Leeds University. Tog is a measure of thermal resistance as is clo; so, I just converted their Tog va...

November 26, 9:15am

Re: BlizzardBag; Richard N. help with Togs
Brett, For a comparable insulated bag such as the Mont-bell SS DH #5, my (1.8x rounded up) calculation indicates their 2x claim is feasible. For UL backpacking, a Momentum / 800 fill down qui...

November 25, 9:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Framesheet replacement
1/8" diameter 7075 wire fits through the channels and it only weighs 0.0145 lbs per foot. You can get it from a local company that sells aluminum stock. An on-line source is http://www.alcobra...

In GEAR » Pinnacle or Quest - GoLite? Others?
November 20, 7:45pm

Re: Framesheet replacement
Stiffening, to avoid bending the poster board, can be done by inserting five small diameter 7075 aluminum rods through the vertical corrugation poster board channels. The rods also allow you to sha...

November 20, 1:36pm

Re: framesheet
John - Most art supply stores or sign shops carry this material.

November 20, 1:15pm

Re: PowerMax Canister not discontinued
Other Grey Hair Moments Occurring? Without it you run out of fuel By J.Hill from Germany on 9/10/2007 Pros:Compact, Easy to Use, Functional, Lightweight Cons:to much plastic Best Uses:Backc...

In GEAR » Help! My supplier just ran out - where do I pick up a Coleman Exponent Xtreme at a decent price?
November 20, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm