Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1580 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Richard, question on the graph?
Brett - Question 1) Does it show the temperature range for comfort at some constant clo? Answer 1. No. Temperature and METs are the two input variables, the clo value is the dependent output var...

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 02, 9:56pm

Re: Re: The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
Mark - I alway appreciate your input! I frequently reference your Web site for information and also point others to it. You are representative of the younger and/or more fit individuals will ne...

September 02, 9:15pm

Re: Urls for the chosen R1 Hoody and Windshirt
I used a Patagonia Houdini windshirt and a Patagonia R1 hoody for my analysis but, the brand isn't critical to the thermal performance concepts. The Patagonia URL is Patagonia There are oth...

September 02, 7:02pm

Re: Re: The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
Frank - The windshirt is present in all configurations starting with the R1Mid... thanks for pointing out the omission. I will edit the original post for the R1Mid description to add the words &quo...

September 02, 3:49pm

The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
I created this chart to graphically demonstrate why I believe a lightweight hoody and a windshirt is the optimal clothing combination for most backpacking or hiking. For backpacking, this combi...

August 31, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Non-Wool Hoody?
Johnathon-I use a Electronic Digital Thickness Gauge. It has a wide moveable foot to allow for the uneveness of the fabric surface. I measured three Merino wool garments that I own. The light-we...

In GEAR » Smartwool Shadow hoodie available
August 30, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Non-Wool Hoody?
Joshua - The Wild Things Hoody is .130".

August 30, 2:33pm

Re: Non-Wool Hoody?
Bill-The Patagonia R1 Hoody is the thinnest base layer synthetic at .080".

August 30, 2:32pm

Re: BAP shadow hoodie showed
Brett - I called Chris Daniels of BAP to place my order on 8/15/07. My size L was delivered within one week.

August 29, 11:40pm

Re: Base Layer Thickness
Bill – The reason varying thicknesses and types of base layers are manufactured is that for being active in a specific effective temperature range, just the base layer and a wind shirt provide th...

In GEAR » Fleece top as a staple for backpacking?
August 29, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm