Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1828 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...183

Forum » Thread

Ursack suitable for Tahoe?
Go with a Ursack, I do. If going into Desolation, they'll ask if you have a canister, tell them yes. A canister can be gotten for free use while in Desolation last I heard. I've never h...

In GEAR » Ursack suitable for Tahoe?
July 02, 5:45pm

Found: Yogi's PCT Handbook section 19-28
If you know anyone who is missing a cut out section out of this book, let me know. Still nice shape, so if must have just been dropped the last day or two. I was camping by Gold Lake, just off th...

In GEAR » Found: Yogi's PCT Handbook section 19-28
July 01, 1:24pm

HS Music Festival
Judging from the cars along the highway last year, looks to be pretty popular still and that's with me going by on my way home from work early evening on Friday. They told me with the fenced F...

In Other Activities » Coming to Quincy for the High Sierra Music Festival?
June 29, 10:57am

Coming to Quincy for the High Sierra Music Festival?
This next week. I'll be at work during the week days, then off camping Friday night by Lake Almanor after work, July 6 with a friend maybe, then home Saturday late AM if anyone will be here. ...

In Other Activities » Coming to Quincy for the High Sierra Music Festival?
June 28, 9:14pm

Desolation Wilderness Lake Tahoe, CA
They ask if you have a canister and offer the use of one to protect the bears. I bring my old Ursack. I've only seen a bear outside the wilderness to the west, just west of Two Peaks years ag...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Desolation Wilderness Lake Taho, CA
June 28, 7:35pm

I missed them?
You mean they passed me by two years ago? :) Duane

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grizzlies in Southern Winds
June 28, 1:58pm

DEET - How much for high Sierras mid-late July?
Last year on my last day out after coming over Kearsarge Pass, I gave away the 15+ year old Bens that I had to a guy who forgot his, shows how much I used over all those years. If you have ta bath...

In GEAR » DEET - How much for high Sierras mid-late July?
June 26, 11:09am

DEET depends on your bug tolerance
I've heard 30% DEET is needed. How much you need is up to you and how many bugs you can tolerate before applying a repellent. For me, they have to be pretty bad to the point I can't do an...

In GEAR » DEET - How much for high Sierras mid-late July?
June 26, 9:04am

Point and shoot for backpacking - waterproof
So many cameras, so much to digest. Ug! Are we pushing TT shelters again? :) That was a Canon model D16 that had all the "proofs", not the one I mentioned from the top of my head in ...

In Photography » Point and shoot for backpacking - waterproof?
June 23, 9:09am

Mizuno Universe Wave 4
Nick, I'd only be using these as camp shoes, interesting that they are good for trail shoes too. For the price, I'd save them as much as possible. Amazon, over $100, ouch. Duane

In GEAR » Minimalist Camp/Water Shoe - update question
June 22, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.