Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1712 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...172

Forum » Thread

Mo lighter?
If y'all keep this up, I may have to order a quilt. More weight savings with a different material. I have a 1.5 lb. WM bag, so I need to warrant the expense and the weight savings. Plus, do I...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165
March 20, 9:30pm

Awe!
Thanks Doug. I managaed a short bp trip from my place, a few mile trip with a few inches of snow overnight. You did good, close to a bail out and learned stuff. What stove did you use? I did no...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing Mammoth report
March 20, 9:23pm

If you gotta have it
At twice the capacity a little lighter, nicer looking and I'm sure a whole lot cheaper, I have a Six Moon Designs Starlight pack. Maybe folks are going overboard helping out the young guys on ...

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt Pack (another)
March 20, 8:47pm

forgot
I forgot about that, the easy way! Doh!

In GEAR » new to backpacking. how big of a pack do I need?
March 16, 9:02am

Coleman stove my first
Bob, my two burner propane stove was the first stove I ever had. I bought it at Sprouse-Reitz where I worked, back in the mid '70's in the Lake Tahoe area. I only have a few small isobuta...

In GEAR » Cheap Deals on Good Stoves?
March 15, 8:34pm

Same here with old stove/fuel
HJ, Keith, my old Coleman profane stove from the early '70's always had some oily residual when I took the stove down after using. It was noticeable at the connections. I was using my bulk...

In GEAR » Cheap Deals on Good Stoves?
March 15, 2:07pm

go used
I bought a new MSR Dragonfly the other day on eBay, but the pump was damaged, but I had a pump that will work with it. A stovie buddy got a used once once with a good pump and goodies for the same...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best stove under $75
March 15, 11:30am

trip cancelled
Andy who set our trip to Yosemite up has cancelled. I'd have a hard time getting over the mountains and back. I'll be able to pick up stoves and parts I've ordered now at my Post Offi...

In Winter Hiking » Snowshoeing Mammoth questions
March 15, 6:47am

Do a oil analysis
The best way to see if you can do extended oil changes is to get an oil analysis done. Easily done, you buy a kit, send the sample in and get the results sent to you. Seems was around $20+- My C...

In Chaff » oil change miles?
March 14, 6:48pm

Pre-customer service too
I exchanged emails with Rand, trying to save on costs, ended up getting my CC from Anti Gravity Gear as I was able to make up a order to get it all shipped free, so Rand's offer was not needed....

In Chaff » Trail Designs Customer Service is Tops
March 14, 6:36pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.