Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1840 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...184

Forum » Thread

Meet up trips-warning
Life happens, people move on, regroup. I should be meeting some of our N Calif. group this weekend, a birthday party for one lady (T) and her mother. Duane

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Meetup" trips - warning
July 13, 1:54pm

Meet ups
I've met many others beyond the mountain community I live in to go bp with, never a question of paying other than to pay back mutual fees. We have also fallen apart for our original online gro...

July 13, 11:29am

Organinzed trips
I inquired into a Alaska trip a few years ago, talked to the organizer by phone for a few minutes. Asked about my experience, so forth. Easily accepted, even though most of my trips had been solo...

July 12, 11:16am

Newbie question, oldie answer
Unless in the very high Sierra and further south from where I live in the extreme northern Sierra, I have my food with me and my pack by my shelter, close to where I can hear any scurrying or chewi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie question
July 11, 11:28am

half price
That is a good price on the 1.4 pot, half price. Trying to not spend money. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR Stove, Golite SL1, Evernew Titanium Pots
July 11, 6:45am

If raining, put under you pad/sb
From past experience and I believe is the proper procedure, if it is going to rain, you put your gc inside, under your pad/sb combo. If it is under your shelter, it will act as a wick and suck wat...

In GEAR » Tyvec, polycryo, or nothing
July 10, 2:05pm

The 3 Pass 3 Day Seki Challenge!
I can't believe all that snow has melted off the north side of Forester! Last year in early August, I was following the traverse over the snow to the pass. Same with all the snow on Colby Pas...

In Post-Trip Reports » The 3 Pass 3 Day Seki Challenge!
July 09, 8:08pm

Expedition pack
How long of a trip and activity? I used my Six Moons Design 4200 ci pack three years ago for a six day trip, worked fine. Duane

In GEAR » expeditition backpacks
July 05, 11:29am

Yet more bear canister questions/discussions
I can bring 8 days of food with a canister, the first days food in the pack as you will be eating it that first day. I can't see how one person can carry the bulk of so many canisters. I'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yet more bear canister questions/discussions...
July 05, 11:23am

different weights of Tyvek
There are different weights of Tyvek not sure any of them are waterproof, something to think about. Designed to let moisture through in one direction. Duane

In GEAR » Tyvek vs. "treated" silnylon groundsheet
July 05, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.