BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1674 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...168

Forum » Thread

Bug net?
Do you plan on figuring in the weight of a bug net of some sort? Duane

In GEAR » Zpacks cuben tarp setup
February 20, 5:33pm

Shoulda went
Congrats on the nephew. We snowed camped in the Kit Carson Pass area this weekend, no shorts required, got to 2F per two zip-o-gauges close to the ground and 7F per the digital thermometer at abou...

In Chaff » Missing GGG IV
February 19, 9:21pm

Snowshoes
Snowshoes are all that is needed, they should have enough bite to go where you can camp. Ive never used crampons, they would only be needed on hardpack side hills, exposed areas where the sun has ...

In Winter Hiking » First winter backpacking trip
February 17, 9:48pm

Gone to work
I have not had chickens for seven years since I work out of town during the week now. Due to issues with maintaining a fence capable of keeping dogs out and flying chickens in I only had a pen for...

In Other Activities » Chickens are coming!
February 16, 9:30pm

Economical
Any reason to use the stove with canister fuel instead of white gas? WG would be more economical unless you don't want so much and have to store it. Coleman fuel will last a long time. If m...

In GEAR » how cold can you use a liquid feed canister stove?
February 16, 9:07pm

Cornish X?
Man, your birds are so clean. I like the watering setup, so neat, clean and tidy. I had a movable pen, always wanted to rig up wheels for it but one of those things you never get around to doing....

In Other Activities » Chickens are coming!
February 15, 9:41pm

gift?
A guy I know and his wife who go around on Saturdays, knocking on doors and leaving literature, were by and we got to talking about my stoves, seems he has a Borde he might give me. Waiting to see...

In GEAR » Borde "Bomb" Stove Group Buy?
February 15, 6:33pm

Good stuff!
Thanks for all the work. Really cool stuff. I need to go back thru and figure out what you are talking about when it comes to the JB parts, I'm not familiar with the stove, other than it'...

In GEAR » Jetboil Zip Hacks ... Part 3
February 12, 4:20pm

Whad about the rain?
Whadda ya do when it rains and you are using your stove with the tent stakes? I can see in good weather, your shelter laying half erected, but in a rain, seems might be wet unless you have another...

In GEAR » What is this? Caldera question
February 10, 11:28am

Just saying
I got the feeling that alky stove users felt they should be exempt, but the FS lumps them in with campfires, chainsaws, other activities as potential fire starters. That's how it got mentioned...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
February 09, 9:48pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.