Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1702 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...171

Forum » Thread

Great explanation
Love your explanation Nick. $7 items are putting neighbors out of work. Duane

In GEAR » Cheap Deals on Good Stoves?
March 14, 11:01am

HJ- Kovea adapter was fine
Can we keep this somewhat on track? HJ, I only tried the Kovea adapter briefly in my garage to make sure all worked. No issues. It does have the tiny adjustment screw on the side. Duane

March 13, 8:53pm

Pay it off.
Matt, a credit card is just convenient. I pay it off every month, so no interest to pay. I need to get the REI card, as I have been charging a lot of stuff the last two years from buying old stov...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 13, 7:22pm

You mention the Giga Power
HJ, I got to try out my lightly used $25 GS100 last weekend. So quiet, I was trying to see if I could get some more power out of it,:) then realized my soup was heating up pretty fast. Real nice,...

March 13, 7:12pm

Ton of snow expected
A trip to Yosemite this coming weekend isn't looking too good and a ton of snow expected. We'll wait a few days, I'm from Plumas County and the others from Santa Rosa area. We were go...

In Winter Hiking » Snowshoeing Mammoth questions
March 12, 7:28pm

Camp shoe
Eugene, I like to get out of my hiking shoes and into camp shoes to let my feet dry out and get a break. Worth it to me. Although I did lose a Croc to the Kern River last summer when trying to cr...

In GEAR » New Balance Minimus Zero March 2012 only 4.4oz/pair
March 12, 7:19pm

Gaiters
Don't forget some gaiters, too bad you don't have access to a lighter tent. I was going to mention leave the bear canister behind, but that was covered already, bears should not be active....

In Winter Hiking » Snowshoeing Mammoth questions
March 12, 11:17am

Hats off to you
I was over Colby Pass last summer, a week or so ahead of you, pretty tough it looked like to where you were and to where I was supposed to go. I stuck to the easier plan and headed over Colby Pass...

In Post-Trip Reports » Kaweah Basin via Shepherd Pass and Kern Canyon-Sequoia NP 8/19-8/26/2011
March 09, 11:54am

Kalifornia had one
Until it found out about the taxes and headed back to Oregon. Duane

In On the Web » Latest Map of Wolf packs in the NW
March 08, 9:55pm

Weather permitting
I use most of my vacation time on bp trips, unless the snow is too deep in the Fall. I use 7 days out of 9-10 for a trip, love to spend time at home as I am away from home all week long because I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much vacation time do you use for backpacking trips?
March 08, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.