BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1687 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...169

Forum » Thread

Protect your food? Where's the trees?
I've been a few places without a decent hang tree in sight. I'd hate to have to hike all over the hillside, looking for a limb after a hard day and all I want to do is relax, fish or whate...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
March 01, 6:09pm

New lids for BV's? How many times now?
So I guess the BV's are better? How many lids and times have they recalled their lids? Hmmm? 3, 4? Duane

March 01, 11:20am

Let's see some fireball testing HJ
Hey HJ, lets see some extreme testing, boil overs, debris path of an exploding canister, which canister has the furthest path etc. :) If you make a fatal error, no one here will know and your good...

In GEAR » Titanium JetBoil Sol -- CAUTION
March 01, 6:49am

Insert is not easy to install
I only had to use the insert in my older Ursack a few times, not easy to install or remove as it wants to uncoil. If I remember correctly too, the authorities did not want any resource damage, so ...

February 28, 9:53pm

That's about right for weight
Thanks Ben, that's about what I recall for my set, 20-21 oz. Fortunately when I last used my Ursack legally out of Mammoth, the Backcountry Ranger had no ideer how it was to be deployed. I ga...

February 27, 10:17pm

lighter than that
Matt, seems my old green, original Ursack weighs 5 oz, the insert is around 11 oz. I'm away from home, so can't check my sheet or reweigh it. Duane

February 27, 6:51pm

Wear our what I have
I like the weight of the ZPack packs and shelters for summer use. Gotta get my bulk down a little more. Saving for a newer pickup, 4X4. I live in the mountains and my flatlander friends have 4X4...

In GEAR » So What's Tempting You? C'mon, Spit It Out!
February 23, 6:56pm

Roger, how a bout wtb?
Roger, I'm trying to acquire old stoves, am I wrong bumping my old "wtb" threads? Since the policy change, it is my work-around to post my request as I have not paid to be a member h...

In Chaff » High Price of Gear on Gear Swap Forum
February 23, 5:53pm

Week trip
I took my 10 week old female Dobie on a summer, week long trip, under 45 miles. She did great, darting from one spot of shade to another. I carried her some, even when the poor thing got bombed b...

In Winter Hiking » Dog question
February 23, 5:37pm

well place stick
We needed to fix the clip on a snow shovel last weekend, a stick was handier in the situation .

In GEAR » Multi Tool questions? Lighten my load
February 23, 2:00pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.