BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1654 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...166

Forum » Thread

On eBay soon?
I wonder how many will show up on eVilebay now from people who had to wait so long? Duane

In GEAR » Backcountry Boiler Mk II available!
February 07, 6:55am

Not helping me either!!!
I've looked at the above mentioned, or at least most so far. By the time I add a bug screen, stakes and a pole as I don't use hiking poles, I'm at around a pound, even viewing the Zpac...

In GEAR » Grace Solo and Serenity Shelter.
February 06, 11:23am

I would double bag then use the scent block
Thanks Mike, I'll have to try that, I have some Dr. Bronner's anyway. I left the Esbit packaged up to help with the smell, I'll take it out next trip, makes sense not only about the sh...

In GEAR » Containing the smell of Esbit type fuel?
February 05, 5:33pm

for the fuel
I would use the bags just for the Esbit tabs and put the stove elsewhere. I need to rig up a Altoils tin or get the Gram Cracker stove. It's been so long since I used the Esbit stove, can'...

February 05, 9:52am

sealing feature durability?
I checked them out on REI this AM. Couple comments about the ziploc type closure not lasting but a few uses. You guys have better results? Duane

February 04, 8:43pm

Have one of them
Hi Dan, I have a 71 and three pumps, a after market, old Optimus and a midi, thank you anyway. Duane

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
February 04, 6:57pm

Thank you
Thanks Bob, never seen any mention of what works, just comments about the smell. I'll check it out. Something to put the stove into is nice. Duane

February 04, 12:18pm

Containing the smell of Esbit type fuel?
Anything work? It would be neat if there was a small stuff sack that Esbit type fuel could be stored in to contain the odor instead of it permeating everything. An Outsak or another type of scent...

February 04, 10:15am

Early model MSR stoves
Bump. I know there are a few more models I don't have that I need to fill in some gaps. I have a model 9, MF, G, GK etc. There are a few models hardly anyone has seen. Supposedly a DF and a...

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
February 04, 10:04am

from the west would b best
Konrad, I was over the Big Horn Plateau last August on my 80 mile, 8 day loop. Hiked a bit with a number of people who were doing Whitney from the west. It is definitely a better view than doing a...

In Chaff » Just Submitted for Mt. Whitney Lottery
February 03, 10:14pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.