Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1718 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...172

Forum » Thread

Arg!
I did some checking, just a dang hat. Not interested. I saw Tilley and thought it was a stove or lamp. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: TILLEY LTM8 7 7/8
March 23, 10:36pm

PM sent
What is this, a stove? Interested, reply to my email addy in the PM sent. I collect stoves, cannot find any pics of this. Thank you. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: TILLEY LTM8 7 7/8
March 23, 9:28pm

weather has changed
Doug, unfortunately, of the last four years I have cut short or went to Plan B because of snow. Used to be able to plan a trip the first week of Oct. with no issues, although a trip to Yosemite th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing Mammoth report
March 21, 9:47pm

Hit it in the Fall
Those photos look great, love all the snow. Doug, I like to visit that area in early Oct., not many folks out. Between Silver Lake and Devils Post Pile area, I've seen 6-10 people in the first...

March 21, 7:15pm

the snowmobiler
Sounds like the guy on the snowmobile didn't know how his sled would do in such deep and fresh snow. So you have the new MSR stove, I collect the old ones, they are very enjoyable. Your tent...

March 21, 6:53am

comes down to what you want
That's fine. All comes down to what one wants. Duane

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt Pack (another)
March 21, 6:38am

Mo lighter?
If y'all keep this up, I may have to order a quilt. More weight savings with a different material. I have a 1.5 lb. WM bag, so I need to warrant the expense and the weight savings. Plus, do I...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165
March 20, 9:30pm

Awe!
Thanks Doug. I managaed a short bp trip from my place, a few mile trip with a few inches of snow overnight. You did good, close to a bail out and learned stuff. What stove did you use? I did no...

March 20, 9:23pm

If you gotta have it
At twice the capacity a little lighter, nicer looking and I'm sure a whole lot cheaper, I have a Six Moon Designs Starlight pack. Maybe folks are going overboard helping out the young guys on ...

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt Pack (another)
March 20, 8:47pm

forgot
I forgot about that, the easy way! Doh!

In GEAR » new to backpacking. how big of a pack do I need?
March 16, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.