Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1736 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...174

Forum » Thread

WTB-Brunton Nova stove & pump
Still would like a white pump, but am looking for a working Brunton Nova stove with pump if reasonable. My email addy is futher up in one of my posts. Thank you, Duane

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
April 12, 9:47pm

Wish I would of kept it
I gave away my Camp Trails pack I got in the early '70's. I would like to have it now for a nostalgia, retro gear trip. Duane

In GEAR » Old external frame packs. What do you do with them?
April 12, 9:39pm

Not maintained very well
Megan be forewarned, the trails in Emigrant were not maintained too good the last time I was thru, maybe 10 years ago now. Some trails need a good eye to follow and you can also pursue some lakes v...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Short Beautiful Northern CA Trails?
April 04, 9:56pm

Use a polycryo gc
I've had my small NeoAir since they came out. I had to sent that back as it had a pinhole from the get-go, CD sent me a new one, no issues since. I have a floorless Squall but use a medium we...

In GEAR » Sleep pad for side sleepers.
April 04, 9:52pm

Velmas, Dicks Lake, balance of Desolation Wilderness
Many of the lakes in Desolation Wilderness are very nice. The lakes within a few hours hike of the trailheads get quite a bit of dayhiker use. After 4 or so, things die down. A ton of lakes to e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Short Beautiful Northern CA Trails?
April 03, 7:14pm

What Barry said
I was up in that area just before Labor Day last summer, doing a o/n trip with Jim from another forum. We stayed on a very windy ridge up in the area I guess where Barry mentioned, at least the Si...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Easy, pretty overnighters near Bend, Oregon (USA)?
April 03, 11:14am

Used to carry a regulation shovel
I have one of those heavy, short camping shovels that made it legal to have a fire. I have not used it for years, never saw anyone else carry one, nor the Rangers ask. Just like some do with a to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Campfire Permit 2012
April 03, 11:11am

Get it early
I get mine in early January too, before I have a chance to forget it. Never been checked for one, once in awhile for a wilderness permit. Kind of a joke, I wish they would give more info on what ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Campfire Permit 2012
April 01, 12:52pm

Get their credit card?
Eugene, does that mean one would have to have their credit card? Most stuff I get from Amazon qualifies for free shipping as I only get oil filters I can't find elsewhere so I get enough to la...

In GEAR » Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
March 30, 11:10am

Free shipping
You can get free shipping with the Stanco grease pot with a couple eBay sellers, at $14.49/$14.99. Amazon would be a bit more with shipping added in if you can't make the $25 free shipping amo...

In GEAR » Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
March 29, 10:18pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.