BPL Community Profile

Dean F. (acrosome) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Back in the Front Range
About Me Solvitur ambulando sub divo.
CityColorado Springs
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dean F.

Showing 1231 - 1240 of 1575 | Page: 1 ...115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ...158

Forum » Thread

Weminuche beta?
As fate would have it, yes, I have Johnathan Ley's maps already. I happily donated, and then for another copy for one of my friends, too. Silverton is a heck of a lot closer to Stone Pass t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Weminuche CDT beta?
September 01, 12:52pm

PNWT
Well, if we're willing to forgo sticking to ridges the whole way... The Pacific Northwest Trail. It starts in Glacier National Park and heads west, ending at Cape Alava (westernmost point i...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » recommendation for a 10 week trail
September 01, 12:25pm

this is for next summer
Well, I'm moving to Colorado Springs in a couple of weeks, and my wife has given me a 10-day hiking dispensation for next summer. (She shot down my plan for three weeks on the CT...) That'...

September 01, 12:10pm

finger-light?
Has anybody used one of these? http://www.s-lite.com/products.php?id=33 It looks like a simple and indestructible waterproof LED lite, 0.3 ounces. It can be mounted on eyeglasses or a hat vi...

In GEAR » finger-light?
September 01, 6:22am

Weminuche CDT beta?
Random question... Can I get some time estimates for hiking the CDT in the Weminuche Wilderness, from the Wolf Creek trailhead to Stone Pass? The Falcon Guide says it takes a MINIMUM of abo...

September 01, 2:21am

90% EtOH in Canada
Sorry about the long link. Is this helpful? (My French is atrocious): http://www.saq.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-2&pa...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ethanol
September 01, 1:36am

HEET isn't EtOH
Fred, Yellow HEET is methanol- which is exactly what Dan said he does NOT want. I hope that you aren't drinking it... :o) My mind boggles, though, trying to figure out how paying someone...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ethanol
August 31, 2:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pens?
>> What about waterproof map paper? A lot of people don't carry pads and just write in the margins of their maps. I don't habitually carry a notebook hiking, but I carry a noteboo...

In GEAR » Pens?
August 29, 6:03am

Pens?
Ok, odd question: What is it about pens? When I check other people's gear lists everyone lists a pen as their writing instrument, if they have one. Why not a simple wood pencil? A...

In GEAR » Pens?
August 28, 11:26am

SportSlick
SportSlick: http://www.sportslick.com/ I'm not so sure about the Leukotape. That seems a bit drastic. I disagree that such lubricants "only delay the inevitable." I've ha...

In GEAR » Mole Skin
August 28, 4:14am

All Reader Reviews by Dean F.

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mary Jane's Farm Sante Fe Pasta
I just got back from a Wind River Range traverse in which I tried a couple of Mary Jane's Farm meals for the first time- I had never heard of them- and I'm impressed. Fist, my caveat: I hav...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 11, 3:21pm

Bushnell SolarWrap Mini
Very light, but lost points for a smaller battery capacity than competitors and for durability concerns. And, shouldn't we really have an Electronic category in Gear Reviews at this point? Put...

In Miscellaneous Products
February 09, 6:56pm

Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide -Andrew Skurka book
Wow, how to rate this book? It is NOT meant for someone who is already an experienced UL hiker. There is nothing in this book that someone like that doesn't already know or can find out in fiv...

In Books and Media
June 21, 3:43pm

Klepper Double wood framed folding kayak
I own a Long Haul Mark 2, which is a copy of the Klepper Double. Though the fasteners vary very slightly the Klepper frame can use the Long Haul hull-skins and vice versa. The guy who builds the Lon...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 27, 1:18pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
I have a slightly different kit- the 0.1 micron 4-way filter. Of the filters available I give it a 5. It's not perfect, but IMHO it is the best that is available, hands down. The 4-way kit come...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
December 08, 10:12am

La Sportiva Crosslite
Personally, I rate this shoe a 5/5 because I'm ecstatic to find a shoe that FITS! (I have mutant monkey-feet.) But generally it is probably a 4. Listen, ye, to my tale of woe... I just mov...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 27, 6:02pm

Mont Bell
My wife ordered something I wanted for my birthday from MontbellUSA (not the main company in Japan). She included several ways of contacting her. Three and a half months later it hadn't arrived, s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 03, 11:46pm