Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dean F. (acrosome) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Back in the Front Range
About Me Solvitur ambulando sub divo.
CityColorado Springs
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dean F.

Showing 1221 - 1230 of 1575 | Page: 1 ...114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ...158

Forum » Thread

Anti-Montbell rant
My personal experience, of course. My wife ordered something I wanted for my birthday. She included several ways of contacting her. Three and a half months later it hadn't arrived, so she ...

In Gear Deals » MontBell U.L. Down Inner Parka - Know of any deals?
September 03, 11:42pm

Re: SPOT batteries
Were you using the breadcrumb feature? That eats batteries faster.

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker - Full Review
September 03, 3:49am

Montbell Customer Service
And Montbell's customer service is severely lacking...

In Gear Deals » MontBell U.L. Down Inner Parka - Know of any deals?
September 03, 3:44am

Collars, etc.
Collars are either partial or full. A partial one usually is only on the top of the bag, i.e. in front of your neck. A full collar completely encircles your neck. If you want a quick educatio...

In GEAR » MontBell Sleeping Bags
September 03, 3:19am

Montbell UL series
I'll reiterate what BRad said- the Montbell UL Down Inner series uses a zipper now. I like mine, but I would caution you that 2 oz of down fill is pretty flippin light. Which I suppose is...

In GEAR » Puffy Top Layer (Down Jackets)
September 03, 2:55am

Scientific Supply Companies
Deity! I've been doing some looking... How hard is it to find flippin' ethanol in that wacky country of yours? :o) Apparently we Americans use "denatured alcohol" to mean adul...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ethanol
September 02, 10:48am

battery life
I had wondered that, too. The website doesn't say. Their similar 4-LED light says 5 hours, but I'm not sure if the lights are similar enough to make that comparison. Maybe I'll jus...

In GEAR » finger-light?
September 02, 4:48am

Re: Weminuche
Didn't mean to be confusing... What I meant was, that the CDT in the Weminuche runs from Wolf Creek Pass in the southeast all the way to Stone Pass in the northwest. If you start near Creed...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Weminuche CDT beta?
September 02, 4:46am

Re: Re: backcountry baking
So it won't fit in, say, a 1.3L Evernew? Interesting. The Fauxbaker is brilliant! I'm sure it works, but does it work as efficiently as the heat pipe array of the bakepacker? Hmm. So...

In GEAR » Non-Stick Ti Pots - Worth the weight?
September 02, 4:37am

backcountry baking
Well, if you're truly interested in baking in general, or poaching fish, consider this widget: http://www.bakepacker.com/ I do not have one, but it looks interesting, and I've heard a...

In GEAR » Non-Stick Ti Pots - Worth the weight?
September 01, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Dean F.

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mary Jane's Farm Sante Fe Pasta
I just got back from a Wind River Range traverse in which I tried a couple of Mary Jane's Farm meals for the first time- I had never heard of them- and I'm impressed. Fist, my caveat: I hav...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 11, 3:21pm

Bushnell SolarWrap Mini
Very light, but lost points for a smaller battery capacity than competitors and for durability concerns. And, shouldn't we really have an Electronic category in Gear Reviews at this point? Put...

In Miscellaneous Products
February 09, 6:56pm

Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide -Andrew Skurka book
Wow, how to rate this book? It is NOT meant for someone who is already an experienced UL hiker. There is nothing in this book that someone like that doesn't already know or can find out in fiv...

In Books and Media
June 21, 3:43pm

Klepper Double wood framed folding kayak
I own a Long Haul Mark 2, which is a copy of the Klepper Double. Though the fasteners vary very slightly the Klepper frame can use the Long Haul hull-skins and vice versa. The guy who builds the Lon...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 27, 1:18pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
I have a slightly different kit- the 0.1 micron 4-way filter. Of the filters available I give it a 5. It's not perfect, but IMHO it is the best that is available, hands down. The 4-way kit come...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
December 08, 10:12am

La Sportiva Crosslite
Personally, I rate this shoe a 5/5 because I'm ecstatic to find a shoe that FITS! (I have mutant monkey-feet.) But generally it is probably a 4. Listen, ye, to my tale of woe... I just mov...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 27, 6:02pm

Mont Bell
My wife ordered something I wanted for my birthday from MontbellUSA (not the main company in Japan). She included several ways of contacting her. Three and a half months later it hadn't arrived, s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 03, 11:46pm