Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

todd h (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SE
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd h

Showing 1201 - 1210 of 2003 | Page: 1 ...112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ...201

Forum » Thread

Re: 4.9oz m50 down jacket
That's beautiful! How did you do each chamber? ie: leave a small hole and stuff, then sew shut? Or another way? You did a great job.

In Make Your Own Gear » 4.9oz m50 down jacket
February 21, 3:27pm

Re: Re: All wet in my bivy - WHY?
Bob, I did consider it, but when I awoke to all the fog I was concerned it might get even worse. I hadn't experienced this high degree of condensation and it was quite bothersome. Maybe ...

In GEAR » All wet in my bivy - WHY?
February 19, 8:18pm

Re: Re: All wet in my bivy - WHY?
Thanks Douglas!

February 19, 8:14pm

All wet in my bivy - WHY?
Last night I slept in my Oware sil bottom / Epic top bivy w/mesh window. I was wearing poly long johns, sleeping on a GG thinlight & BMW Torsolite, with my Golite Ultra20. Temps low 50'...

February 19, 7:44pm

Re: Replacing Long Johns with Insulated Down Vest/Jacket?
If it is simply your "safety" piece for warmth, then go for it. But if you want better next to skin comfort and some stink control, and you don't have another base layer (is this r...

In GEAR » Replacing Long Johns with Insulated Down Vest/Jacket?
February 14, 7:20am

Re: Talk me into or out of a SMD Wild Oasis
Another happy Gatewood user here. I'm a little taller than you and I'm fine. If you want sleep room with extra to sit up in & a little more for gear you'll be fine. Just don&...

In GEAR » Talk me into or out of a SMD Wild Oasis
February 13, 4:59pm

Re: Huron-Manistee National Forest, Feb 10-11-2011
Ike, That's a healthy trout! Looks like a great time. I've never camped in that kind of snow but you seem to have mastered it! Thanks for sharing. Todd

In Post-Trip Reports » Huron-Manistee National Forest, Feb 10-11-2011
February 12, 6:53pm

Re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Jamie, You have inspired many hikers on this forum to dig deeper and lighten the load! I remember when you wrote about your 5lb Ion trip - light bulbs turned on all across the country! Your ...

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 12, 10:04am

Re: Insultex insulation
Go over to hammockforums.net. All the info you could want. Many are using it....

In Make Your Own Gear » Insultex insulation
February 12, 9:50am

Re: Big Agnes Pad Shortening How-to
Great write-up, Jerry! Thanks for the informative pics, too. I'm sure others will do this now that you've taken the plunge. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » Big Acnes Pad Shortening How-to
February 11, 7:11pm

All Reader Reviews by todd h

todd h has posted no reviews.