BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 1201 - 1210 of 1273 | Page: 1 ...109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128

Forum » Thread

Re: backpack odor removal?
I had the same problem- look at the thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/13976/index.html?skip_to_post=103444#103444 I used Renuzit, super odor Neut...

In User Test Forum » backpack odor removal?
October 07, 5:05pm

Re: How To?
Thanks Scott, my boys are great about their pack weight, but just to make sure I have them deliver them to my house and go through them the night before our hikes. They don't see them until we...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How do you lighten up Adults
October 02, 6:49pm

Re: StaphAseptic First Aid Antiseptic
Amy, good to see you are out hiking and looking for information to help you out. You only need ankle support if you are carrying more weight then necessary. Lighter loads don’t need heavy boots...

In On the Web » StaphAseptic First Aid Antiseptic
October 02, 10:19am

How do you lighten up Adults
Thanks for your responses: Evan- I care, because I care and I don't want to carry anything for them- Most of these guys are new to the whole backpacking thing, let alone Lightweight. Joe...

October 01, 5:57pm

How do you lighten up Adults
Here's my problem- Our troop has 1 lb tarp tents for the boys. They work great. We have 12 boys in the troop. For the last few years I have only had one other adult attend the outings with...

October 01, 12:00pm

Re: Re: :Robert, Robert, Robert"
Robert, your points are well taken- But.... I don't think this forum would be around very long if everyone, especially staff, had to write a disclaimer for everything we write, just in case ...

In GEAR » winter sleep system
September 30, 3:21pm

Re: Clelland's Dangerous Nonsense
Robert, Robert, Robert (hopefully said like my grandma), ease up a bit on Mike. Mike is right, I've taken 12 year old Scouts on Mt. Rainier each winter for over 16 years and we have never take...

In GEAR » winter sleep system
September 29, 10:34pm

re yoghurt making
(We go through about 1 litre a day of this!) Roger I assume you mean at home? What about on the trail?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best powdered milk?
September 29, 7:28pm

Thanks You for the post!
Thanks you for posting you website- it will be helpful for me and the scouts I work with. Maybe next time have Sarah announce Dicentra's book. That way someone else is giving information abou...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » One Pan Wonders - The book is now available!
September 03, 2:17pm

Re: Map & Compass Resources
I prefer visual (DVD) also as the preferred way to learn, but after searching the web and other literature the most recommended source I found was a book: “Wilderness Navigation” by Bob and Mi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Map & Compass Resources
August 28, 9:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm