BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1201 - 1210 of 1474 | Page: 1 ...112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ...148

Forum » Thread

Value of substantial suspension
OK folks, humor me here for a minute... Say a person took a high end suspension system, say the Gregory Fusion LTS, and hacked off the pack bag. Then that person took some UL pack bag of of his...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
May 24, 11:23am

Re: Cloud Kilt
And the transparent nature of Cuben could make for some interesting trail conversations. I see Paris, I see France...

In GEAR » Cloud Kilt
May 22, 10:55am

Re: A well deserved thanks
>Now the hard part is waiting for it to arrive! perhaps a new moniker?

In GEAR » "The One" vs Lunar Solo
May 21, 6:46pm

Re: Re: which stake do you carry?
>Vampire size< Snow Picket?

In GEAR » which stake do you carry?
May 20, 7:21pm

Re: Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack
+1 on non-compressed

In GEAR » Ultralight Sleeping Bag Compression Stuff Sack
May 20, 6:16pm

Re: "which stake do you carry?"
Yeah I tried Ground Hawgs but they are a little heavy so that's why I went with the ones from BA and a 3 of the Coghlans for the 3 main lines on my Cloudburst

May 20, 6:06pm

Re: which stake do you carry?
Bringing back an oldie... I wanted to ask this question, but figured I'd look for it first. I came across this thread that is old and wanted to see if it still holds up. Whaddya use for...

May 20, 5:42pm

Re: perfect fleece?
Fleece for 30 degrees that is light and small does not exist in this realm.

In GEAR » perfect fleece?
May 20, 11:03am

Re: Sounds like Arizona when you put it like that
We sell guns where I work. Trust me, there are plenty guns in Oregon. Big ones, small ones, even pink ones. BTW we sell the Pak-Rifle. I don't know much about guns, but its a neat contraption.

In Chaff » Where should I live Oregon vs. Virginia?
May 20, 10:08am

Re: Eagle Creek
I like Eagle Creek too. After the high bridge you seem to leave most people behind. There will be some campers and maybe a couple of runners. I have been passed by a couple running it, too. It ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best backpacking in Oregon or Washington?
May 17, 11:09am

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm