BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1201 - 1210 of 1486 | Page: 1 ...112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ...149

Forum » Thread

Re: liner or cover
Turn your liner inside- out and put your pack in it. Then put it under your legs.

In GEAR » Pack liner vs. Pack cover
May 25, 6:50pm

Re: "Substantial"
I'm not interested in dropping weight. I want to be as comfortable as possible. I'm to the point where I'm adding weight back to fine tune MY ideal setup. Of course, I want to be lig...

In GEAR » Value of substantial suspension
May 25, 6:47pm

Re: Re: lynn
I vote for a 'Y' or 'X' shape for women's shoulder straps. Being a man, I know my vote doesn't count, but... If it worked, it would keep the straps on the shoulders well...

May 25, 4:05pm

Re: reflective coating in sleeping bags
A rep told me that Columbia bags (remember, now associated w/ MH) is messing around with reflectives in sleeping bags. I can't remember if we talked about whether or not it was a VBL or not. I...

In GEAR » reflective coating in sleeping bags
May 25, 3:59pm

Knot tying website
http://www.animatedknots.com/index.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com Its pretty cool how its like stop- motion. easy to understand...

In On the Web » Knot tying website
May 25, 11:56am

Re: FS: Lightweight stuff sack starter kit
You're closet looks like mine- 1,000,000 bags:) I need bags for my bags

In Gear Swap » FS: Lightweight stuff sack starter kit
May 25, 11:02am

Re: Pack liner vs. Pack cover
I used I compactor bag with a SMD Traveler- a panel loader. It was perfect. I'd just lay the pack down, unzip it all the way and dig through the compactor bag. I bet in a top loader its not ...

In GEAR » Pack liner vs. Pack cover
May 25, 10:56am

Re: Re: Weight transfer and load stability
yeah my gut, ahem... carb storage tank pushes down on taller hip belts. That's why I like the Ohm belt. It cradles my Buddha belly in its loving arms and caresses it whilst moving down the t...

May 25, 10:23am

Re: Photo
I am a 35 hip and have the large hip belt. I have it cinched all the way down. For you, I would go for a med.

In Gear Swap » ula ohm Large w/med belt
May 25, 10:19am

A about Ohm suspension
They both go up to the top seam of the pack. Where the ext collar begins. They are not connected.

In GEAR » The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
May 24, 12:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm