Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Yeruski (zelph) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.bplite.com
About Me Dan Yeruski has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.bplite.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Yeruski

Showing 121 - 130 of 1863 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...187

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: : Re: Alcohol Stove with shut off valve
Roger, I look at those burners with Titanium eyes :) I'm just having fun....thinking like a stovie/stover a hobby hard to withdraw from. Roger, are your winter stoves UL approved? (Ultra Li...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove with shut off valve
June 20, 5:35pm

Re: Re: 8 grams looking good
Last night I did 3 tests with a cone. The first got only a 200 degree temp. I watched the flame pattern under the cone and could see the flame going off center so for the next 2 tests I blocked off...

In GEAR » Esbit burner testing
June 20, 9:27am

: Re: Alcohol Stove with shut off valve
Jennifer, thank you for your efforts and success. It was worthwhile. I showed the StarLyteXL to a park ranger in the Sequoia National Park when I was there is late April. He like it so much he gave...

June 20, 9:00am

Re: 8 grams looking good
In a thread, Eric Lundquist linked us to a page at trail Designs that showed a Evernew 400ml Sidewinder Bundle that had a modified Gram Cracker that sat flat on the ground. Has anyone used that bun...

June 19, 7:24pm

Re: Alcohol Stove with shut off valve
Mags, after all your googling, did you find any alcohol stoves that were UL approved? Roger, would you consider the Trangia stove pictured above, to have a simple “single flanged slide gate&qu...

June 19, 6:51pm

8 grams looking good
Did three tests with new tray that holds two 4 gram tablets side by side. One of them boiled 2 cups and burned for an additional 1 min. The other two got up to 205 degrees. Looks like 2-1/2 tab...

June 19, 3:45pm

Re: Alcohol Stove UL approved
Are there any alcohol stoves that are UL approved? The Trangia contraption pictured above becomes pressurized and uses liquid alcohol that turns into a gas. Have not a clue if it is UL approved....

June 19, 2:50pm

Alcohol Stove with shut off valve
Would this stove be considered good enough for use during fire bans out west? Would the shut off mechanism be considered a valve of sorts?

June 19, 5:03am

Re: Carried by the wind
Very interesting....thanks for sharing that experience. On vacation in California this spring we saw advertised on tv the dreaded Olive Tree pollen was in full force acting upon those with all...

In Photo Gallery » Carried by the wind
June 18, 7:02pm

rocket
Thank you Russell. It's nice to watch the concentrator in a dimly lit environment to see how it keeps the flame at the pot bottom. I attached the concentrator to a carbon felt disc to give it m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Esbit Concentrator
June 18, 2:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Yeruski

Dan Yeruski has posted no reviews.