Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

chris kersten (xanadu) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale here
About Me chris kersten has not added a biography yet.
CitySulphur Springs
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by chris kersten

Showing 121 - 130 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

I'm praying for them
I was there 2 weeks ago. It is my favorite place to hike and I always camp close to the water. I hope that no others were killed.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trouble in Ouachita Mountains in Arkansas
June 11, 12:31pm

delorme
I've been using a pn-40 and I love it. It comes with tons of map software included. The small screen is the only drawback. Like he said above, check out the pn-60 when it comes out, but also th...

In GEAR » Map software and GPS advice needed
June 07, 1:42pm

aquamira question
As a kid we did'nt care and drank everything. I am a little smarter now. (not much though) I was using the iodine/neutrilizer tablets and loved it. No taste at all. Last week I tried the aquami...

In GEAR » Do you filter your water?
June 02, 1:18pm

straps
I'll never hike without. I did get rid of the straps though. Not to save weight, but I don't thing you need them. Like when you go up stairs, you use your arms and hands, but you have to gr...

In GEAR » Trekking poles-who uses them?
May 24, 1:46pm

spork
I used a lite my fire, but cheese from mountain house caked on and formed some kind of super epoxy. I did not like the shape either.(that curved "S" shape was a pain to pack) Then used a ...

In GEAR » Plastic spork vs Ti spork ?
May 24, 1:33pm

problem solved
Adopt Mexico as a state. Get rid of the borders. Make them pay taxes. If we want to stay at 50, drop Hawaii as a state and just call it a "resort for the rich". problem fixed. I work with...

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 21, 4:03pm

jam2
That looks like it would work great. How much weight did it get rid of? I almost feel bad for taking mine out of the box and taking about 5 ounces off of it before I ever used it. (I should send ba...

In Make Your Own Gear » modifying a golite jam2
May 21, 3:47pm

jam2
On my jam2 the shoulder straps are connected to the waist straps. If you cut them off, it would be a project in itself to attach the shoulder straps again. I might have read the question wrong though.

In Make Your Own Gear » modifying a golite jam2
May 21, 2:13pm

last minute.
1. 12 ounce bag of beef jerky (instead of 8 ounces that I packed) 2. 12 ounce coke. (for the alcohol that I packed) 3. extra lighter since I always wonder if I packed one the night before.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you throw in at the last minute?
May 19, 12:47pm

seam seal
I think it also looks tacky. The companies want their products to look pretty when set up and on display at the store and seam sealing looks pretty bad. (even worse when I do it)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why not seam seal at the factory?
May 11, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by chris kersten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
Yeah, I have to go the other way on these guys. I ordered a jacket on clearance and they are the only ones that have it for that price. I paid for 2nd day shipping. I get an email 3 days later saying ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 11:17am

gossamer murmur
I am not going to hype up the good points. The GG website does a good job of showing the features. It is light and well made. I will point out the flaws that could be better. First the compression s...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 16, 1:11pm

Marmot Atom
I'm not going to say much since this has been reviewed allready. I just want to say the bag is made with great quality and is very light. The pictures don't show how pretty the red material is...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 13, 2:00pm