Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 121 - 130 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re: Mansfield area shelters?
Thanks for the new links Tommy and Val. I just made a bookmark folder of weather related sites in order to find all of these again. Also, what sort of footwear are you guys using up there, or p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mansfield area shelters?
November 30, 9:15am

Re: how low (temperature) could you go with this?
Erik, I just finished a trip report of that adventure, and I included a fair amount of my planning for it. If theres anything else you'd like to know I'd be happy to help you. My memory isn...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 30, 8:43am

Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
Disclaimer: This trip report is very incomplete, not only because I didn't finish the trip. I didn't bring a camera, and my memory is not that clear after about 3 months. Most of what I rem...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
November 30, 8:40am

Re: So tell me that I'm not stupid.
I'd also like to hear about your other incident, if you don't mind. Jace, sorry for the thread drift.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So tell me that I'm not stupid.
November 29, 1:53pm

Re: So tell me that I'm not stupid.
Jace, I'm jealous that you have a car! 17 year old without a car here. I'll agree that it isn't stupid, you just need to shift your paradigm a bit. If you are on the AT during the summ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So tell me that I'm not stupid.
November 29, 12:21pm

Thats a ton of great information. those two links are great, here's one for you, its the current snow depth for most of the north east. Not incredibly useful, but cool to look at, and if you...

November 29, 11:03am

I wouldn't say I am a stronger man for being willing to use a space blanket, but feel free to say that if I actually do. I don't think I'm tougher than anyone for talking about things. ...

November 29, 9:47am

Re: layering questions
is this for hiking, just standing around? Its surprising how little you need to keep warm when you are hiking. I'd recommend trying everything out, peoples metabolisms vary significantly. ...

In Gear Lists » layering questions
November 29, 9:20am

Angela, I'd be glad to let you in. I hiked the Long Trail two years ago in about 27-30 days, really enjoyed it. This past summer I decided to try to go for the unsupported record(tat hat time a...

November 29, 8:34am

Thanks Tommy! would you be able to comment on the conditions up there around christmas time? Like snow, ice, daytime temperatures, crowds? glad there are a few members in the north east!

November 29, 8:11am

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm