Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 121 - 130 of 479 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: The only pack I have experience with is...
+1 for the Conduit For me, the point where the weight was too much for no frame was between 30 and 35 total pounds. This is due to the solid shoulder straps and a stout hipbelt for a frameless ...

In GEAR » ula conduit or swift 09 or granite gear virga
March 16, 10:12pm

Re: Titanium Spoke / Grill idea?
someone made an UL grilliput a while back. 2 metal tubes of different diameters so one could fit inside the other with holes in them to put Ti rods to go across. The Ti rods all fit in the smaller ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Spoke / Grill idea?
March 07, 1:00am

Re: LightHeart Gear? New Maker? Looks interesting.
Looks kind of like the Vamp tarp and nettent SMD just brought out. Any thoughts on if its better to have the flexibility of a tarp + net nent vs 1 piece like what lighthearts looks to have?

In GEAR » LightHeart Gear? New Maker? Looks interesting.
March 07, 12:57am

Re: kayak float bags
What is your reasoning behind using cuben for float bags? Will you be packing the boat long distances? Weight savings in boats seem to have less performance advantage than even bicycle touring, wh...

In Make Your Own Gear » kayak float bags
February 28, 9:37am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
+1 on the pre-2009 Conduit hipbelt. The pockets were solid and one of my favorite features of the pack. I would hate to have the removable ones. The beefyness of the belt gave me confidence that ...

In GEAR » The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
February 28, 1:37am

Re: ULA Camino
It seems to be ULA has always been about mostly about making backpacks that are light, durable but still accessible to most of the backpacking communities load carrying needs. P1, P2 anyone? Its ...

In GEAR » ULA Camino
February 24, 7:21am

Re: PCT - Cookless, Small Mug, or Large Pot?
You will want to consider your overall enjoyment of the experience when deciding on this. Will the extra 3-8oz of a cookset be worth saving in order to eat only non-cooked food? Will you have to p...

In GEAR » PCT - Cookless, Small Mug, or Large Pot?
February 22, 3:44am

Re: Montrail Sabino Trail - First Impressions
Woo Woo! That sounds like they fixed some of my issues with the 08. the fat tongue was like a heater on my foot, and held so mych water. How does the breathability compare to the 08's? I have ...

In GEAR » Montrail Sabino Trail - First Impressions
February 18, 2:41am

Re: Lock and Lock
They are a tad heavy, but I think they may be useful for something with less weight consequence like cycle touring. I wish I could find a stainless steel one that could double as a cookpot too

In Multiple Use Gear » Lock and Lock airtight, water tight plastic containers
February 10, 10:30pm

Lock and Lock airtight, water tight plastic containers
http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Storage-Round-Piece-Set/dp/B000H3BCKC/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_c - bowl - hard side storage for fragile things - emergency water storage - leftover food storage ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Lock and Lock airtight, water tight plastic containers
February 10, 3:57am

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.