BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 121 - 130 of 235 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: re
I figured I was sort of stuck, The 7 oz is already more than I'm really expecting to use, I could probably get by with 6, but figured the extra oz was good insurance, as I tend to feel most of ...

In GEAR » Down by the ounce
March 09, 5:58pm

Down by the ounce
Anyone know where to get down by the ounce? I'm in the process of constructing a summer quilt, and figure I'll need around 7 ounces of down if I go with the 900 from Thru-hiker. I'd r...

In GEAR » Down by the ounce
March 08, 9:02pm

socks
Injinji synthetic socks, no liners here...it's worked very well for me so far. Never felt very comfortable with wool socks w/ liners. No terrible blister incidents, but never especially com...

In GEAR » Liner socks or no for blister prevention?
March 08, 7:11pm

quilt
I was looking for a quilt under very similar (pretty well identical) criteria... Took a long hard look at the Shenandoah, and then elected to try my hand at making one, using Jamie Shortt's ...

In GEAR » Summer quilt/bag for ~ $200 and 12-18 oz?
March 08, 7:01pm

Re: RE:Roan Mtn
Don't forget TN/NC and GSMNP, some very adept and sometimes audacious bears around there... As for the swiss army bag, sounds like perhaps a Walmart special (or other non-gear shop brand), I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Roan Mountain in March
March 07, 9:07pm

bag
I don't think I'd be caught out anywhere on the AT this time of year without a solid 20* bag, and plenty of R-value beneath me. You might luck-out, but this time of year is very unpredicta...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Roan Mountain in March
March 07, 7:41pm

Re: MLD - New 2011 Gear
Is it me or is the solo trailstar the same outer tarp as is used in the cricket?

In GEAR » MLD - New 2011 Gear
March 07, 5:27pm

frame
Frame sheets are lighter, and with proper packing and compression are fully capable of transferring most of the load they're designed to support to the hips. You'd be hard pressed to fin...

In GEAR » Framesheets v.s. stays
March 05, 1:49pm

Still looking
Anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Summer quilt, 35-40 deg preferred
March 01, 5:35pm

Re: Tarp recomendations?
Perhaps a bit more info on how/where you plan to use these? Previous experience with tarps? You're planning on using them in conjunction w/ a bivy, correct?

In GEAR » Tarp recomendations?
February 28, 9:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm