Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Bankhead (wandering_bob) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon, USA
About Me Bob Bankhead has not added a biography yet.
CityLake Oswego
StateOR
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Bankhead

Showing 121 - 130 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks
You can also get a 45 inch aluminum pole from Tarptent. It's the one for the Contrail, Notch, and Scarp2. 4 oz. .... $14 <== you need 2 of these so double weight and price https://ww...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 45" poles for SMD Skyscape Tent
August 22, 9:04am

Re: WTB: 45" poles for SMD Skyscape Tent
They are available direct from Six Moon Designs. $30 ..... 1.8 oz. http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/tents/cfPole.html

In Gear Swap » WTB: 45" poles for SMD Skyscape Tent
August 22, 9:00am

Re: Bears
How to avoid unfortunate bear encounters - listed in order of preference. 1. Knowledge - Bear habits. Signs of aggression vs. curiosity. When and where is a bear apt to be, then try not to be ...

In GEAR » Warding off black bears, what has worked for you??
August 20, 12:56pm

Re: how to contact seller?
The OP may be out of town and unable to access the site or only does so irregularly. If you posted a question, or better still, an "I'll take it" to the thread and the OP does not...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » how to contact seller?
August 19, 9:14am

Re: Meals when any fires are forbidden
Packit Gourmet Meals http://www.packitgourmet.com/Just-Add-COOL-Water-c97.html Virtually any freeze-dried or dehydrated meal will also work with water at less than boiling temperature - jus...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meals when any fires are forbidden
August 17, 4:39pm

Arc AT
Dave Satterberg was looking for one a little while ago. Try PM'ing him. See http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=80493

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Arc AT
August 17, 3:28pm

Does Red's Meadow General Store near Devils Post Pile have decent resupply food?
Absolutely. They also have a limited variety of Mountain House FD items. Caveat: Inventory levels can fluctuate widely. There are a lot of campgrounds there and an overabundance of hikers. The p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does Red's Meadow General Store near Devils Post Pile have decent resupply food?
August 17, 11:09am

valve for the short half of my cut neoair
Thermarest sells a Valve Repair kit. "It includes HotBond™ adhesive and a high-flow replacement valve that installs in a snap." REI sometimes carries it, but most likely you'll have...

In Make Your Own Gear » wtb: valve for the short half of my cut neoair
August 11, 2:43pm

Wil Rietveld and the OR Show Report
Check out Southwest UL Backpacking - the new website and blog by Will Rietveld and Janet Reichl. http://swultralight.home.bresnan.net/index.htm They have reports on the Outdoor Recreation...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wil Rietveld and the OR Show Report
August 10, 12:26pm

Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
Look at the 25°F Western Mountaineering Alder MF (microfiber) semi-rectangular sleeping bag. It is hoodless, has 2 full length zippers - one down the side and another across the foot - that allows...

In GEAR » Help with chooosing a 3 season quilt
August 06, 8:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Bankhead

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering The Company
WM products are a 5+ WM the company does not sell direct, only through dealers, ergo end-user contacts would not be expected. Their printed catalogues do list their address and FAX and telephone nu...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 24, 3:33pm

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
I use a lot of Mountain House Pro Packs and as much as I like the flavor and texture of this item, I avoid it like the plague. The overwhelming downside is the cheese they use. It does NOT rehydra...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
October 05, 5:17pm

Mountain House Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
One of my favorite Mountain House meals, albeit a tad too sweet for my taste; too much pineapple, not enough sour sauce. Nonetheless, it makes a great motivator to get to a dinner spot when I know one...

October 03, 6:26pm

Mountain House Precooked Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
I tried these several years ago when they first came out - no bacon in them then. They were horrible! Like a previous reviewer said, virtually flavorless yellow sponges. Last year I noticed they ha...

October 03, 6:21pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I decided not to buy these when they first came out because fully closed they were too long to carry on my pack in checked baggage on the plane, and I really didn't want to hassel with the maili...

In Trekking Poles
September 24, 11:15pm

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
I just returned from 22 nights in the high Sierra on the PCT and JMT. I had two days of constant high winds in Onion Valley, with sustained gusts to at least 50 mph. My trusty Gatewood Cape flapped a ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 24, 9:23am

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
We have TWO Traveler packs. Early in 2008, we were shopping for a new pack for my wife, who has a short 14-1/2 inch torso length. We drove out to Ron's house to try the SMD Essence, but it did not...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 06, 10:35am

Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Sack
In addition to silnylon, Sea to Summit also now makes their Dry Sack line in eVENT fabric, both with and without compression capability. evac Dry Sack: available in 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 35, and 65 lite...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 21, 9:08pm

Therm-A-Rest Ridgerest
This has been my "go-to" sleeping pad for many years on the PCT. I've tried a variety of others but keep returning to this little beauty. It does a great job of insulating one from th...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
May 17, 8:26am

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I have found them to be quite effective in the Sierras the past two summers. I have a Bearikade Expedition, and if you're not careful, the metal edges around the latches can slice an OP sak wh...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 21, 10:07pm