Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 121 - 130 of 465 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: change
"I don't think that the focus of BPL or lightweight backpacking in general is how manly or badass you are, or skilled a survivalist you can be over a weekend." I guess I shouldn...

In GEAR » "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
January 24, 2:01am

Ok...
I took the foam panel out of my jam, stuck a Neoair short in, loaded it with about 23 pounds of gear, inflated the Neoair a bit, and walked around for a while. It was functional but not nearly as f...

In GEAR » Preferred sleeping p[ad for forming framless pack.
January 23, 11:49pm

Re: Re: change
A big push to posting trip reports would be good but I don't see how it'll change the gear-centric mindset. This whole UL thing is still pretty new to me so maybe that's why going on tr...

January 23, 11:36pm

Re: Larry
"How much can it carry comfortably?" That's a good question. I've only ever used it like that with an Ion or Scrambler. Neither has room for much weight. I'll experimen...

January 23, 10:33pm

Cat holes
Cat holes. Dig them. Use them. Cover them back up. I don't want to see your f-e-c-e-s chillin' in the open air <20 yards from established camp sights with gobs of toilet paper still ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
January 23, 8:25pm

Re: Preferred sleeping p&#91;ad for forming framless pack.
I think having the right size pack or larger pack with a good compression system is either just as vital or even more vital than the pad because it allows the load to be packed tight. Then the pad ...

January 23, 7:45pm

Raingear and sleep systems
I think, like sleep systems and shelters, there are situations where you just have to bite the bullet and carry heavier rain gear because that's what the situation dictates. However, even if...

In GEAR » Is my raingear light enough?
January 23, 7:37pm

Re: +1 Javan
"We no longer know how to do more with less, we know how to do the same things with lighter." I thought this bore repeating as well. Javan summed it up well.

January 23, 7:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
"heheh---yeah, I try to avoid that dieing part ;) That is one point where I diverge from many SUL gear lists. I have a bigger first aid kit, a "real" knife, multiple fire-starte...

January 23, 3:38am

Re: Re: "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
"I've always seen the SUL side of things as a puzzle game, trying to work out the lightest possible kit. I enjoy the game, and I like the independence and confidence in the ability to surv...

January 23, 2:14am

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.