Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Lyons (towaly) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Smoky Mtns.
About Me Likes the outdoors.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Lyons

Showing 121 - 130 of 299 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...30

Forum » Thread

WM Megalite long
I'd suggest a Western Mountaineering Megalite Long, and there just happens to be one on the Gear Swap right now with a left zipper. I'm not the seller, nor do I know the seller, but I saw ...

In GEAR » please suggest to me a bag according to my needs listed
September 25, 6:56am

re
This unusual policy by Golite provoked me to go looking for what reason they might have for turning away good paying customers. And it didn't take much digging on their website to find out t...

In GEAR » GoLite stores don't take....cash?!?!
September 24, 5:59pm

dry bags
Have a look around at sites specializing in boating like kayaking. They need larger dry bags because everything they are carrying might get dunked.

In GEAR » Does such a product exist?
September 24, 3:56pm

Wet
I live near where you plan to hike, and I can tell you that at that time of year it will most likely be wet wet wet. Spring rain season. And it really comes down, sometimes for days at a time. S...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first time hiker help me out with some basics so i can enjoy it as much as you guys
September 24, 7:13am

Re: Short Gatewood Cape Users
It also depends on how big and high your pack is. If you carry a very large pack with a tall top, it might be short in the back for some tall people. Or, if you have a short and small pack, it cou...

In GEAR » setting up Golite poncho tarp
September 24, 7:04am

Nutty
Any time a "business" makes rules that prevent itself from making sales, and they view their "policies" as more important than bringing money in the door, there is something ver...

September 23, 2:34pm

hoodless bag
I have a hoodless summer bag, the Montbell Super-Spiral UL Down Hugger. It's under 14 ounces, so it's as light as a quilt too. But it zips up all the way when I want it to. I sometimes un...

In GEAR » hesitant about buying a quilt because I toss and turn a lot
September 23, 1:14pm

FRN
A Federal Reserve Note isn't a "dollar" anyway. A "dollar" is defined as a specific measure of gold or silver coin, which is NOT a Federal Reserve Note. Anyway, I won&#...

September 22, 3:57pm

The "red herring" and the "real answer"
The red herring and the answer are both in your closing comment. The red herring being a claim that there is AGW going on and "the science is settled" . The real answer being the unde...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 22, 1:37pm

A different view.
I think that it might be useful to take a step back and have a real look at this entire review concept. Do we really need it? I say, no we don't. I originally came here a while back to get...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear Review Standards??
September 22, 1:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Lyons

Tom Lyons has posted no reviews.