BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 121 - 130 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Down vs Synthetic SS conversion...
I thought about doing this, but I can't get a handle on what the down vs Synthetic ratio would be as I don't own any synthetic insulation items at this time. And I certainly don't want to make 5...

In GEAR » Ideal Maximum compression of Synthetic wares...
October 28, 11:40am

Stuff Sack size...
That's what I have assumed, but unfortunately, I'm trying to figure out how large of a stuff sack to make (or buy) for a particular item. And, in a round about way, determining pack volume require...

October 27, 2:11pm

Insulation volume in Cocoon Pullover/Pants
OK, since no one wants to answer my original question, I'll ask it differently. How much *volume* of insulation is used in a Cocoon Pullover? Cocoon Pants? Ryan mentions he puts his pullover...

October 27, 1:04pm

Ideal Maximum compression of Synthetic wares...
I realize you could crush the heck out of any synthetic insulation garment, or bag, but what would be the ideal **maximum** compression ratio without being too concerned about loft degradation? 80...

October 26, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Lightweight down jacket
For the DIY crowd don't forget the Whitney (www.thru-hiker.com).

In GEAR » "Best" Lightweight Down Jacket?
October 25, 10:49am

Re: Re: Re: Survivorman in Temagami
A camera man would help. Maybe a camera man and a producer-type who could show thier "setup" and how they are "not helping" Les in each episode. Listening to him complain about the camera stuff...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survivorman (not about UL... but interesting)
October 24, 12:52pm

Re: Survivorman in Temagami
I've watched every episode to date on the Science channel. Most are interesting (that guy can make a fire), but since he only has to stay alive for 7 days (to wait for rescue or in some cases walk...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survivorman (not about UL... but interesting)
October 24, 9:21am

Re: Re: RJ's website no more??
It down most of the day. Weird. Silly computers...

In GEAR » Ray Jardine closes shop
October 23, 6:48pm

RJ's website no more??
I can't reach www.ray-way.com or www.rayjardine.com anymore. Wow! How's that for slaming the door shut?

In GEAR » Ray Jardine closes shop
October 23, 6:08pm

Quilt SS size?
Way, way back in the first post picture #23 you mention your stuff sack armada. I don't see one listed that holds your quilt? Is that what is in the larger SS (I assume a Size M)? I'm about to...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yellowstone / Beartooths Trek
October 21, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.