Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tim Haynes (timalan) - BPL Guest

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Early 30s, newly married, work in communications with children's hospitals around the country. Relatively new to lightweight philosophies, but excited to learn and teach others.
CityAlexandria
StateVA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListRough Draft gearlist - solo trips

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tim Haynes

Showing 121 - 130 of 306 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...31

Forum » Thread

Western Mountaineering bag up on Geartrade
NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag - 5'6" size - on Geartrade for $233 shipped. Sick price on a WM bag... wish it was longer, but I'm sure someone here will grab it: ...

In Gear Deals » NWT Western Mountaineering MegaLite 30-degree bag - 5'6" size - on Geartrade for $233 shipped
October 14, 10:51am

Family Backpacking tents
I think there is a HUGE difference between "family" and "group" tents and though they need to be similar sizes, I think the considerations are rather profound. I'm guessi...

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market Report: Family/Group Backpacking Tents
October 14, 10:38am

cleansnipe 40% off
Funny that you are posting this now... just discovered this last night and was surprised by it. Glad to hear it works just as it appears. Had time planned today to browse DoG site. 40% off is less ...

In Gear Deals » 40% off everything unless the discount posted is bigger.
October 14, 8:03am

Shenandoah, VA with my brother
Evan, Thanks for the trip report and the pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry you didn't see any bears to add to the excitement, but sounds like a walking stick was enough to ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shenandoah, VA with my brother
October 13, 2:32pm

Cuben Fiber Drybags 10% OFF
Lawson, How would one of these work as a bearbag? Is it strong enough at the top to easily attach some sort of loop/cord if filled with food? I haven't used anything cuben fiber before and kno...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Drybags 10% OFF
October 13, 1:00pm

FS: Nunatak Skaha M
Doug, I like the approach... the $50 disparity ensures that anyone who's not a current member would renew their membership prior to buying the jacket. Looks like a great piece, too.

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Skaha M
October 13, 9:42am

Travel gear advice needed
For shells, if you were okay with the weight of the Westcomb, I'd go with it again. My Westcomb pieces aren't the lightest gear in my closet, but they are among my favorite and most stylish...

In GEAR » Travel gear advice needed
October 07, 11:23pm

imagination when it comes to food
steven, it doesn't require too much imagination to help a lot on the trail. First day in if it's an area where fires are permitted, I'll take a few chicken sausages (Trader Joe's &...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » no imagination when it comes to food
October 07, 1:02pm

Brother's first time backpacking....
Evan--Some day when I have time, I'll post up the story of my first foray taking my brother backpacking... good story, but definitely some hiccups along the way. Let's just say that it was ...

In Post-Trip Reports » One night haul in Shenadoah, VA -- first solo since knee surgery
October 07, 12:37pm

Vivo Barefoot shoes $55 at Left Lane Sports ($10 less if it's your first purchase)
Left Lane sports has Vivo Barefoot shoes up for the next few days. Most shoes are ~$55, which is awesome. I own and love the Eco IIs. Incredibly comfortable and lightweight, with amazing ground fee...

In Gear Deals » Vivo Barefoot shoes $55 at Left Lane Sports ($10 less if it's your first purchase)
October 07, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Tim Haynes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Camp Xenon 4
New for spring/summer 2011, I was really excited about the Camp Xenon 4 poles. They looked like the best value/weight option on the market, so I was really excited to try them out. The 120cm poles spe...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 10:59am

Stoic LTWT Sleeping Pad - short
I recently picked up a pair of these when they were a good price (~$20/each); I usually use Z-Rests, but my wife prefers an inflatable mat, and these fit the bill for cost/weight/value. shape is nicel...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 06, 1:56pm

Big Agnes Pumphouse Multi-Use Dry Sack and Pad Pump
I agree with previous reviews that this bag only does one thing well -- put air in your sleeping pad. That said, I bring it along on most trips with friends, and it makes it easier for many people -- ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 09, 10:48am