Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 121 - 130 of 2557 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...256

Forum » Thread

Re: keep him talkin
Dan says: No Rog, the oceans can't expell the heat they takes in from the sun's shortwave as quickly as they did not that long ago and what keeps that from happening also heats the atmosph...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 18, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Quantifried
Jerry says: It takes 1000 years for the water in the ocean to make one circuit, so there's 1000 years of pipeline. Well there you are, the anomalous warming is heat stored in the oceans a t...

September 18, 1:06pm

Re: Re: Quantifried
Jerry says: "lurking round the corner somewhere and is going to jump out and get us" is just an attempt to trivialize this - hah hah hah... No. I'm genuinely interested to know wh...

September 18, 8:44am

Hi Jerry, Ice ages are millions of years long and likely caused by the passage of the Earth through the spiral arms of the galaxy Glacial/interglacial periods in the present ice age come alon...

September 17, 5:02pm

Himalayan Glaciers not disappearing after all.
"The world's greatest snow-capped peaks, which run in a chain from the Himalayas to Tian Shan on the border of China and Kyrgyzstan, have lost no ice over the last decade, new research sho...

September 17, 3:44pm

Well, it's an intriguing graphic Jerry. I'll deal with the notes first and then come back to it. #1 - Now, we know CO2 level is way higher than historic levels and it's because of bu...

September 17, 3:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quantifried
When the martians land with their death rays it'll be too late as well. We should spend billions on defenses now! Show me some observationally based evidence that co2 has caused any measurab...

September 17, 1:43pm

Jerry says: it will be too late to do anything about it because it takes 1000s of year for the CO2 to go back into the earth. Again, without knowing the rates of change of natural co2 emission...

September 17, 12:24pm

Jerry says: It's complicated and confusing - CO2 increase causes temperature increase which causes more CO2 increase... But, I'll almost agree with Rog that we poorly understand how muc...

September 17, 11:40am

Re: Re: cave
Jerry says: I totally disagree with Rog's conclusion that global warming is a conspiracy of climate scientists and we should continue burning fossil fuels like crazy. I don't think it&#...

September 17, 8:16am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.