BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 121 - 130 of 242 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

Earliest pics
Hiking Mt. St. Helens on a hot July day in 1987:

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your EARLIEST Digitized Backpacking Photo
January 15, 7:55pm

Snow Peak 600 water level marks
I just picked up a Snow Peak 600 Ti mug recently. Great mug but I noticed there weren't any measurement marks on it so I went searching to see what solutions folks might have come up with for m...

In GEAR » Snow Peak 600 water level marks
January 09, 10:54am

FAK
Here's my kit: Anti-Inflams: 8-Advil, 4-Aleve, 2-Excedrin, 4-Bayer Asprin Misc. meds: 2-Vivarin, 4-Immodium, 4-Benadryl 8 - Pepto Bismal tablets Benadry Cream in small dropper bottle Hyd...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first aid kit input needed
January 08, 1:35am

4 day loop at Lake Mead
That's a very nice report Nick, thanks for that. We have a lot of similarly gorgeous desert terrain here in Oregon but so far I've only day hiked a small bit of it. Your report makes me wan...

In Post-Trip Reports » 4 day loop at Lake Mead
January 06, 11:16pm

Adventure Paper
+1 -> maps printed from NG TOPO! on weather resistant "Adventure Paper". Before TOPO! I'd trim USGS 7.5min maps to the area of interest and have it laminated at Kinkos. For big ...

In GEAR » Protecting maps in the field
January 05, 8:41pm

Rain Pants
I've never carried rain pants in 25 years of backpacking and never once wished I had. That said, my overnighter trips are usually in the mountains of the west in summer. The summer weather here...

In GEAR » rainpants worth carrying?
January 04, 1:01am

Mora carnage
A few more of Mora's greatest hits: http://www.knifetests.com/MoraClipperDTest.html

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
January 03, 10:31pm

Re: hey gordon
Adam writes: >>i was there at the end of july first part of august in 2008, did you have the enchantments pass or did you have to camp at one of the lower lakes and day hike.<< Our ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
December 26, 1:21pm

Kestrel Pocket Weather Meter

In GEAR » Christmas Loot! Show us what ya got!
December 25, 4:22pm

Ooogly moogly
Headed to the Enchantments, July, 2009.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
December 24, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am