BPL Community Profile

Sven Klingemann (svenklingemann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sven Klingemann hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Sven Klingemann has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sven Klingemann

Showing 121 - 130 of 428 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:THAT thread
Ben: "Nothing but humor" means that the thread is entirely unrelated to backpacking. The best example is the one that you started. I have seen enough threads that deviate from the (bac...

In Chaff » >: ( Respecting the G Spot thread
May 13, 1:42pm

Re: Re:THAT thread
Sorry - I have to agree with Roger on that one. Of course humor is always welcome in the G-spot but when it is nothing but humor and totally unrelated to anything backpacking-related it may as well...

In Chaff » >: ( Respecting the G Spot thread
May 13, 1:25pm

Re: Winter Pants
Hey Joe, you could wear any good pair of softshell pants (with or without tights) if you don't expect a lot of snow/rain. Alternatively you could wear a pair of pants made with eVent if you do...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Pants
May 13, 10:41am

Re: Couple of comments on Refuge X
Got a first, if limited, review in (see review section). Here are some pics - and yes, we got the first one !! lol

In GEAR » Refuge X setup and questions
May 11, 8:15pm

Re: that's not...
I guess you are right ... I feel a bit irritable about people who take the "whatever is best for me and screw the rest" approach. ;-) S.

In Gear Swap » Be careful...
May 07, 11:38am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Be careful...
Well, based on your comments, I would certainly not even try to buy from you. If, as a seller, you want to do whatever pleases you independent of who pm'd you first, raise prices based on "...

In Gear Swap » Be careful...
May 07, 8:20am

Re: You on a Mission or Something?
I double-checked whether Ron Moak had a US passport before buying that tent.

In GEAR » Made in the USA
May 05, 3:17pm

Got it in the mail!!
Yeah - I am holding my Refuge X in my hot little hands ... how exciting!! Will try it out in Michigan starting on Thursday ... :-) Will keep you updated on its performance! S.

In GEAR » Got it in the mail!!
May 05, 2:18pm

Re: Re: Lunar Solo or Refuge...
What a smart man you are ... :-) My GF did not need to be convinced that the Refuge was a needed addition to the household ... she even paid for half of it!! And it is a Refuge X ... talk about a s...

In GEAR » Lunar Solo or Refuge...
May 01, 1:56pm

Re: Floor Space
"you never know when you may want to have that option :)" Actually in that case I would rather have the Lunar Solo ... LOL ;-) S.

In GEAR » Lunar Solo or Refuge...
May 01, 1:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Sven Klingemann

Showing 1 - 10 of 16 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Big Agnes Clearview
Just tested the Clearview (mummy style full length) on a three day trip to Michigan. Temperatures overnight were between high fourties to high fiftees. - Comfort: The pad was quite comfortable when i...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
August 22, 2:06pm

Nano Technology Micro Ceramic Water Filter
In my search for a light water filter I tried outNano Technology's Micro Ceramic Water Filter on a recent three day trip. - Pros: Light weight! Less than 3oz. Filters out particles down to 0.1ยต a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 14, 9:36am

Six Moon Designs Refuge "X"
I have used the Refuge X on a three day trip to the UP in Michigan. Temperatures overnight were between 30-40F and there was no rain or significant wind. I received the tent at a weight of 15.8 oz, a...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 11, 8:07pm

Exped Downmat 7
OK - I need to boost that rating again! I have the 72inch Exped Downmat and it has not let me down yet! :-) It is a bit heavy, but if you are looking for a pad that is really comfortable, especially...

April 28, 8:50am

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
I have used the Mitts on several trips now in temperatures ranging from -10F to about 35F, with and without Possum Down liners and despite multiple attempts from my girlfriend to steal them from me (h...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 22, 3:06pm

BMW Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
I have been able to test the Pro Parka now for about one month. Sizing/Fit: I am 5'6 and 140lbs; the Parka (size XS)fits great with the exception of its length. one or two more inches would have...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 14, 12:01pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
The Caldera stove is truly wonderful. I have paired it with the Firelite 500 mug and it performs really well. Boiling times are much shorter compared to the MSR pocker rocket I have and if you know ho...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 05, 8:04am

Timberland Delerion Low Pro
I have used the Delerion Pros for about 9 months now. The are light, are good for stream crossing and look rather cool to me. On the downside, the footbox is very narrow and I have been having consist...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 02, 8:20am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
Just got the Lunar Solo and have used it on a weekend trip at the Black River Falls in WI. I was a bit worried about (a) ease of setup based on other people's comments and (b)problems of condensat...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
June 11, 9:47am

POE AO-Lite Women's Petite
This is a great sleeping pad. 18.5oz, 3 seasons. Very comfortable and compact, no slipping around, especially due to the side rails. I am side-sleeper, so the extra hip support comes in handy. Certain...

June 04, 8:47pm