BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 121 - 130 of 369 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: filling squeeze
"Why don't you try holding a platy bottle under water in your tub then and let me know how fast it fills up? While a hard-sided bottle will fill fine a soft bag like the Squeeze's or P...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
March 02, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Macgyver Moment
Haha, some good ones so far. This was a car camping trip so may not qualify, but last year my brother forgot his tent poles and stakes... Had some extra cord, so i Used my knife to cut some t...

In GEAR » Macgyver Moment
March 02, 1:54pm

Re: Bottle
I just pitched the sawyer bags all together. Take two 1L water bottles that fit threadwise. One dirty one, clean. Fill the clean one with the filter from the dirty one, then fill the dirty one. W...

March 02, 12:27am

Re: A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
FYI: I have a newly identical one but a little older I think with metal hardware. Here are my numbers: Stock: 4lb Minus "hanger" bar and removable top cross bar: 3lb 5oz Harness + fr...

In GEAR » A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
March 01, 9:40pm

Re: Stericard water purification
Might be convenient if mounted to a water bladder? Just fill bladder and wait 15 before drinking.

In GEAR » Stericard water purification
March 01, 8:30pm

Re: Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
Had a steripen, just got a sawyer. Steripen takes a long time. I think the sawyer squeeze is actually faster, weighs less, and doesn't have a bulb or electronics to go bad. I always carry s...

March 01, 8:22pm

Re: More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
Just a thought, but why add the ventilation at the foot end that is most exposed to the elements? Why not just make the whole top(head) half of the bivy out of nano-see-um, and keep the feet as wa...

In Make Your Own Gear » More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
March 01, 4:07pm

re: polyethylene
I found some backer rod that I think is polyethylene, because it didn't melt in acetone :( Will the epoxy not stick to it? I wonder though, as I am making a slightly complex tube with 90* ...

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 28, 10:49am

RE "NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka"
If it's really as waterproof as advertised, plus the extra fill power (1000), this is kind of exciting. It will be even more exciting when it's available to other makers. Would love to see ...

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
February 28, 2:18am

Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
Sucker... Well, that somewhat confirms that the experimental direction I was going to take was on the right track. I'll be using biaxial carbon fiber sleeving over 3/8" rod which puts t...

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 28, 1:51am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.