BPL Community Profile

Pete Staehling (staehpj1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pete Staehling hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pete Staehling has not added a biography yet.
CityBaltimore
StateMD Maryland
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pete Staehling

Showing 121 - 130 of 325 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: WTF?
"After reading the original post, I want to leave the internet forever." I kind of felt that way too. I agree that the folks in question could use some advice, but the original post...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How stupid is it to go into the wilderness without a shelter or survival skills?
May 30, 6:52am

Re: hehe
I wondered if it was a joke as well. I am guessing it is not. In any case, I'll say that I find the spout on mine to be a very nice feature. My daughter actually commented on how nice the ...

In GEAR » dent affect performance much?
May 30, 5:32am

There are risks no matter what you do...
...but backpacking in likely to be no more risky than daily life at home and work depending on your individual lifestyle and choices.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking health risks?
May 26, 7:43am

Plastic
I consider ziploc bags for freezer bag cooking a consumable like food, water, and fuel and therefore not part of base weight. I agree that it can be little misleading, but whatever way you count ...

In GEAR » Base weight vs. pack weight: things overlooked in an UL cooking system
May 25, 6:33pm

Probably not much like a tenkara, but...
Last time I looked at them, there were poles designed for crappie fishing that are under $10 even at places like Dicks Sporting Goods. They are really easy to find in the under $20 range. I suspe...

In Fishing » Chinese "Tenkara"
May 25, 5:06am

One additional comment on leaving things home...
The "leave it home if you don't use it" suggestion is good, but stops a bit short of what I think makes sense. Just because you use an item doesn't necessarily mean you "nee...

In GEAR » Getting back into backpacking -- going UL after years of carrying 50+ lb packs
May 25, 4:54am

Re: Re: el cheapo eBay tenkara rod
Sorry, but it was just something I had laying around. It was nothing exotic or fancy though. It might have been a draw cord from some bag or gear item. You could probably even use the outer mant...

In Fishing » Can my el cheapo eBay tenkara rod be saved?
May 24, 2:37pm

Re: Can my el cheapo eBay tenkara rod be saved?
I just found some small cord with a braided mantle and pulled the core out. On the other hand I think that Tenkara Bum or Tenkara USA could probably sell you something. Also on one of those two I...

In Fishing » Can my el cheapo eBay tenkara rod be saved?
May 23, 5:51am

Re: Re: Lighter1 Review
"Why would your canister be out of your reach when you are cooking?" All well and good if you never walk away from your dinner while cooking on the stove, while it is continuing to coo...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
May 21, 10:19am

Feeding the fear
Just me, but carrying super bright lights, bear spray, and setting up a perimeter sounds like feeding irrational fears. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Much better IMO to embrace t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 21, 4:26am

All Reader Reviews by Pete Staehling

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I love my NeoAir (size regular). It is light, comfy, and packs small. I agree that for the price a patch kit should be included, but I don't miss the stuff sack. I have been using a ziploc ba...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 23, 12:04pm