Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 121 - 130 of 1394 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: directly to chaff - why?
I don't think it would be any different for a woman. Jerry, with respect, unless you've been perceived as a woman in such a situation (I'm guessing not), you really have no basis f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rational Solo Fear
May 16, 4:24pm

Re: gaiters and sand and stuff
LaSportiva has some shoe models with toe/lace covers. Example: http://www.sportiva.com/products/footwear/mountain-running/vertical-k Other companies probably do too. Combined with an ankle gaite...

In GEAR » gaiters and debris
May 16, 2:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Ills Of Libertarians
Methinks the actual turnout will be several orders of magnitude smaller than the estimate. :P

In Chaff » The Ills Of Libertarians
May 16, 2:40pm

Re: Re: ?
Not offensive at all! Just that BPL members tend towards niche products from smaller manufacturers, and those don't tend to make it into big review roundups and rankings. I don't know that...

In On the Web » Gear reviews and comparisons' online websites
May 16, 11:40am

Re: "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
Merino doesn't make me itch. Most synthetics will, if worn next to the skin for 8+ hours.

In GEAR » "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
May 16, 10:01am

Awesome mushrooms
http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/nature-blows-my-mind-rare-fungi-photography-steve-axford.html Some really cool photos here!

In On the Web » Awesome mushrooms
May 16, 7:53am

Re: Possible to use adhesive on "Polycryo"?
Check the GGG thread. There's a small cottage vendor who makes polycryo shelters. There might be some details there.

In Make Your Own Gear » Possible to use adhesive on "Polycryo"?
May 15, 10:48am

Re: Re: Re: Glenn Greenwald's book comes out today.
Not dismal, Kat. I have this thread bookmarked; it's an excellent reference. Craig, telecommunications providers are effectively an oligarchy. I don't see where boycotting could be acco...

In Chaff » Fresh Air with Terry Gross
May 14, 11:15am

Rain jacket pick-a-mix
Rab Pulse Rab Maverick OR Panorama MH Plasmic Your pick? Please no other suggestions unless it's less than 13 oz and you have a link where it's available in large for around $100 on c...

In GEAR » Rain jacket pick-a-mix
May 14, 8:11am

Roll call
So, I'm in. I will be travelling from Des Moines. Maybe we could start getting some carpool arrangements made, or at least get some confirmation of who all is definitely coming?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
May 14, 8:05am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.