Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 121 - 130 of 273 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...28

Forum » Thread

Hmmm...
Well, my suspicions were valid it sounds like. Unfortunately I believe the website is still up and running and taking orders and cash. Hmmm...

In GEAR » Te-Wa Underquilts still in business?
July 31, 4:07pm

Te-Wa Underquilts still in business?
Has anyone ordered a hammock UQ from Te-Wa in the last few months? I ordered an UQ in May and still have not received it. I exchanged email with Mike once during that time and he said he was work...

In GEAR » Te-Wa Underquilts still in business?
July 31, 9:42am

Weight?
Max, what's the weight on your set up?

In Gear Swap » FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker's Edition
July 26, 11:42am

Always surprised...
Always surprised by the need of some to attack and criticize that which they don't agree with. Are we really that insecure? There are lots of things here that I've tried, decided it was n...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Video of my 1235 gram / 2.72 pound / 1.23 kilo setup for a three day hike
July 03, 4:09pm

REI Stuff Travel Pack
Very strange what REI does. They don't keep the pack with the other day packs and it won't show online if doing a search for daypacks. Really need to hunt for it to find it at all, either...

In GEAR » Marmot Kompressor Plus for a small pack or something else
June 26, 11:43am

REI Travel Stuff Pack
Take a look at the REI Travel Stuff Pack: http://www.rei.com/product/809163/rei-stuff-travel-daypack. This is an awesome day pack and overlooked because REI keeps it with the travel accessories in...

In GEAR » Marmot Kompressor Plus for a small pack or something else
June 25, 12:48pm

Red River Gorge, KY
I've heard from a couple of people recently that there is great hiking in Red River Gorge, KY. Anyone have any experience hiking here, along with trail recommendations? Looking at 3-4 days of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Red River Gorge, KY
June 17, 10:27am

Polycro
I wouldn't personally cut down the polycro to just the shape of your bivy but rather keep it oversized so it is not only under your bivy but a clean place to put your toiletries, etc as well as...

In GEAR » New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
June 15, 8:36am

Salomon mids
I just ordered some Salomon mid's and am taking them back due to the heel lift, signicately more than their normal hiking shoe. Still very light and comfortable.

In GEAR » Need trail shoe recommendations with heel lift
June 14, 7:34am

+1 on the bug bivy
J Dos, I have a long/wide bug bivy from Borah and am very pleased with it (I am 6', 245 lbs). As others have mentioned it is great under a tarp in inclement weather and great for cowboy ca...

In GEAR » New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
June 14, 7:28am

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.