BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 121 - 130 of 246 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...25

Forum » Thread

Thermarest sheets
Thermarest makes synthetic pad covers for the NeoAirs that feel like cotton to the skin. I use the covers whenever it is going to be warmer at night and I won't be wearing long sleeves or long...

In GEAR » Addressing ground-side breathability problems while sleeping
May 07, 12:43pm

Interested if falls through
Let me know if the current deal falls through--I'm interested in the tent as well.

In Gear Swap » FS - MSR Hubba Hubba tent w/Gear Shed attachment and footprint
May 07, 9:04am

narrow feet
I've found the LaSportiva's to be very narrow and much narrower than the RocLite's. Saying that, I found both to be comfortable and am a Innov-8 wearer now. Hard to believe how light ...

In GEAR » Inov8 - Stickyness of soles
May 01, 7:35am

Check this out...
REI sells the Stuff Travel Daypack that is just what you're describing: 22 litres, light (10 oz but lighter if you cut off the unnecessary waistbelt), with 2 outside water bottles pockets. It ...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer Quickpack Daypack 18 Liter Backpack
April 30, 9:04am

BA Platinum not practical for two
I have the Big Agnes UL 2 Platinum and it definitely is not practical for two-its awesome for one however. I use a BA Fly Creek 3 for two people and at just over 3 lbs for a true tent, it's ve...

In GEAR » Lightest/Most packable 2 person shelter?
April 26, 3:33pm

tent only
I don't need the footprint or gear shed but might be interested in the tent only if willing to sell separately. How much would the tent only be?

In Gear Swap » FS - MSR Hubba Hubba tent w/Gear Shed attachment and footprint
April 22, 6:33pm

Wish I hadn't sold...
Last year I sold a Trailstar and Hexamid and regret it to this day. So keeping all that gear is a good thing as long as its used. I try to lend it out when I'm not using it so others are enjo...

In Philosophy & Technique » I think I have a gear problem
April 22, 12:44pm

REI Visa
Not sure if everyone is aware that the REI Visa generates dividends when you use it for any purchase throughout the year, not just those at REI. I use it as a regular credit card all year, pay off...

In Gear Deals » REI Coupon?
March 28, 1:36pm

Virga Outdoors?
You may want to add Virga Outdoors to your search as well. I have their bivy and was so impressed with it that I ordered their cat-cut Wraith CF tarp as well. Good price on their products as well.

In GEAR » Cuben Tarps: HMG vs ZPACKS
March 28, 1:32pm

Trekker
I had the MSR Trekker and sold it without ever using it other than in my backyard. When battened down it is a small pup tent and when opened up on the side to create some space, it is vulnerable t...

In GEAR » Missing tent?
March 22, 9:56am

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.