BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 121 - 130 of 260 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

Hmmm...
"Do you, ummmmmm, like old fat guys? With great insurance?" "Only if you like old fat chicks whose fashion sense comes from an REI garage sale...." That there sounds like ...

In Philosophy & Technique » lifestyle choices
June 10, 9:43am

WTB Osprey Talon 33 size M/L
WTB Osprey Talon 33 size M/L

In Gear Swap » WTB Osprey Talon 33 size M/L
June 09, 1:49pm

Let me check
I believe I have one that I've not used in some time, so probably time to give it a good home. I'll check when I get home tonight and get back with you.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Osprey Atmos 65 Size M
June 03, 9:45am

me too
After Michael gets his, I need one as well. I'm with you Michael, great pan but a mystery that MSR sells this without a lid, even if you had to buy it as an option.

In GEAR » Light reusable 9" diameter top for MSR flex skillet?
May 31, 7:50pm

Asolo's
Thanks, everyone, for some great suggestions and feedback. I ordered the Solomon's and as someone said above, there is a significant heel drop that doesn't feel right, so those are going b...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mid Hiking Boot
May 30, 2:39pm

Virga Outdoors
Take a look at Virga Outdoors' tarps. I just ordered the Wraith and am very happy with the pricing, quality and shape. It has slight cat cuts on the outside edges to keep it tight but not dow...

In GEAR » Tarp Size
May 30, 8:58am

S curve worked for me
I am 6', 245 lbs with very broad shoulders and the S-curve shoulder straps on the Ula packs fit me better than any pack I've had (and I've had lots). Most packs have the straps sewn on...

In GEAR » ULA S-curve vs. J-curve?
May 29, 8:56am

Salomon XA Pro 3D Mid GTX Ultra Trail Running Shoe
Anyone have any experience with the Salomon XA Pro 3D Mid GTX Ultra Trail Running Shoe? It would pass as a mid hiking boot, although Salomon calls it a running shoe. 29 oz for the pair in size 9.

May 28, 7:23am

Lightweight Mid Hiking Boot
I am hiking Mt Kilimanjaro in September and the guide service is requiring boots, which I haven't worn hiking in years. Anyone know of a mid-hiking boot that is light, has a good tread, and do...

May 27, 3:06pm

Regret...
I went through a major cleaning in the last year and regret selling much of it, especially a Hexamid, a Trailstar, a bivy, and an Ookworks inner for the TS. Pulled the trigger way too quick on goi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long do you hold on to extra gear you don't really use?
May 27, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.