Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 121 - 130 of 1125 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...113

Forum » Thread

pad to garmin?
OK, now I understand what you are trying to do. Obviously, a pad with a USB port would solve your problem of data transfer. You can also look for a device (pad) that can take an inserted SD c...

In GEAR » pad to garmin?
January 05, 6:05pm

pad to garmin?
I'm a bit confused at what you are trying to do. If you can connect your Etrex 30 to your computer via usb then most of the GPS apps available for a pad will transfer a GPX file via email...

In GEAR » pad to garmin?
January 05, 3:37pm

DeLorme inReach SE GPS receiver...
Now that Delorme has added the "Location" option on the main menu I was finally able to test their GPS receiver. Before this option was added, I don't believe you could actually tel...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
December 29, 12:20am

Which map subscription for a gift?
Check out Garmin's Birdseye imagery. I really like it but they will need to own a Garmin device to make it work (it works in both the desk top (with BaseCamp) and can be loaded on to the GPS)....

In GEAR » Which map subscription for a gift? (PNW)
December 23, 1:49pm

Re: DeLorme inReach SE firmware update
The key sequence Jim mentioned probably sets the unit back to the factory default setting but it also syncs your unit with your web account at the same time, so your settings and data are restored....

December 19, 10:52pm

DeLorme inReach SE firmware update
Jim - Thanks for posting the reset key sequence!! You saved me a lot of trouble by posting that. I had the same experience as you (update hung) and I was able to get it going by doing the rese...

December 19, 9:30pm

DeLorme inReach SE update
I haven't installed the update yet but am really pleased to hear they have added a "current location" screen. I took part in the recent survey that Delorme sent out and also ask...

December 19, 3:39pm

UL daypack
Although it's a bit heavier than you wanted if you are looking for something really durable and comfortable (it actually has padded shoulder straps), Ron Bell at Mountain Laurel Designs has the...

In GEAR » UL daypack
December 19, 12:30am

Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread
The Casio SGW100-1V has a temperature sensor and an electronic compass... I don't use either of those but they sounded cool when I bought it. What works for me is the 200 M water resistant...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 18, 1:26am

GPS data vs Compass Declination
For a long time now, Garmin has allowed you to set your own magnetic variation. I'm not sure about the Geko (that's pretty old) but you can check the setting by going into "Setup/Head...

In GEAR » GPS data vs Compass Declination
December 15, 1:17am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm