Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 121 - 130 of 303 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Rear Elastic
> These features duplicate my 2009 Houdini, except for the 'rear elastic only.' There's an elastic shock cord inside the bottom hem all the way around, but what is the 'rear elas...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 08, 11:22pm

Re: Re: Westcomb Crest Hoody
> What does your Westcomb hoody weigh? My size M, pretty dirty and unwashed is 0.31 lb on my scale. By comparison the 2013 Houdini size M is 0.23 lb on my scale. For something worn as often as ...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 07, 11:15pm

Westcomb Crest Hoody
I feel like a broken record here on BPL. I have the Westcomb Crest Hoody and it easily has or possibly surpasses the breathability of the older Houdinis, of which I own the 2012 and 2013 version...

February 07, 7:15pm

Buff
The Buff is my go-to piece for 3-season hiking. I rarely ever wear balaclavas since my fleece layer has a balaclava-style hood. In the winter I use my Talus Cold Avenger, which is a warm/humid a...

In GEAR » Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
January 30, 10:17pm

Re: Re: West comb Crest
Jakuchu, I think there are several formulations of Pertex Equilibrium. The Westcomb Crest Hoody does not have a grid pattern. It looks pretty much just like any other lightweight softshell material...

In GEAR » Looking for a non clammy windshirt with hood.
January 24, 10:28pm

Re: Fall 2014 Arcteryx Sneak Peak
Spill the beans. I want to know more about the Gaea line. Specs, design, fill weight and MSRP! As for the Atom LT, is it still fleece-sided? One of the great things I liked so much about the LT ...

In GEAR » Fall 2014 Arcteryx Sneak Peak
January 24, 10:21pm

Polartec Alpha
> Its my understanding that Alpha is NOT nearly as warm as PL or even Coreloft- but MUCH, MUCH more breathable. Agreed with that. I've spent a lot of time in both the Rab Strata with 80g/m^...

In GEAR » OR 2014 SNEAK PEAKS
January 24, 10:17pm

West comb Crest
I've been using the Westcomb Crest on a lot of my trips these days and I am thrilled with it. It's made of Pertex soft shell material and is very light. It's as breathable or more so th...

In GEAR » Looking for a non clammy windshirt with hood.
January 24, 7:18am

Some OR questions
Do you feel that manufacturers are doubling down on Polartec Alpha and other more breathable insulation, or is the hype all about synthetic/down blends? How is Primaloft Gold, Silver, etc down a...

In GEAR » OR 2014 SNEAK PEAKS
January 24, 7:11am

Uniqlo
Uniqlo has $40 merino wool sweaters, lightweight and perfect as a warmer base layer or lightweight mid. Quality is as good as anything else out there, but half the price.

In GEAR » reasonably priced wool clothing?
January 22, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.