BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 121 - 130 of 275 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...28

Forum » Thread

my favorite
The Mora Bushcraft are my favorite fixed blades. I've used the heck out of a lot of really, really nice fixed blades, production and custom, and I keep coming back to the Mora. It's slim, c...

In GEAR » Mora Bushcraft Stainless knife peek
December 13, 7:39pm

Fleece is nice
For years I moved away from fleece because of its perceived issues -- thick/bulky, not windproof but I'm glad to say I'm back in the fold again, because it turns out it's weaknesses als...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 12, 9:30pm

too late for me
It's too bad your vest wasn't an option when I bought a down vest... seeing as it's half the weight. I think your suggested pricing is fair.

In GEAR » Interest in a down vest
December 10, 8:21pm

micros and pons
If you expect light snow and softer icy conditions, Kahtoola Microspikes have proven themselves time and time again. If you expect hard, glassy ice, Microspikes are not enough. You need crampon...

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 05, 8:18am

I like the Fly
How else am I supposed to pee while wearing a harness? And since my hiking clothes do double duty as climbing clothes, they sure as heck had better have a fly.

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 03, 11:21pm

more Helios problems abound
Tested it today. Nothing changed, except that I left the canister and the whole rig put together outside overnight. 45º outside today. I timed it. 13 minutes to boil 1.5L. Twice the flame we...

In GEAR » Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
December 02, 8:06pm

Rab -- very good
I have the Rab Strata with Polartec Alpha. It's very good. I've been using it for cycle-commuting to work and also for rock climbing before the ice sets in. The seams are all good, the fit ...

In GEAR » RAB - what's the general consensus?
December 02, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
Last night, canister had been sitting in my garage, which is detached from the house and uninsulated. So canister was presumably same as ambient air temperature (35ºF). No cozy, no water, yes inve...

December 01, 8:07pm

Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
Hi all, I just purchased a Jetboil Helios thinking it would be a perfect winter stove for group camping/backpacking. I love the way the system is integrated with the windscreen and heat exchanger ...

November 30, 9:32pm

concur
I agree with the other posters. In fact I was thinking about this very topic earlier today and was contemplating posting the same opinion as conveyed by OP! I don't think that the 2013 Houdi...

In GEAR » 2013 Houdini, I like it
November 25, 10:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.