BPL Community Profile

William Johnsen (sixoclocknews) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale William Johnsen hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Johnsen has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Johnsen

Showing 121 - 130 of 172 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

zips
Thanks for the photos of the aquaseals, they're definitely different than the zips used on the Alpha Shells. (I noticed that Arcteryx also changed the PU coating on the normal zippers as wel...

In GEAR » RiRi Aquazip vs Std YKK Waterproof zippers?
November 29, 1:46pm

zips
Yeah I wasn't sure about having to sign agreements, I was just thinking out loud. I'd love to see better zippers being used. The YKK vislon ones on some of the Arcteryx jackets are an impro...

November 28, 1:17pm

riri
I've always thought the same thing. Patagonia made a jacket (stretch ascent) that used it and it looked a lot better than the YKK. Maybe cost? Or do they sign agreements w/YKK similar to the Go...

November 26, 9:36pm

sale
I'm jealous of all these sales up in Vancouver happening when I can't make a couple hour drive up there. Sugoi makes nice stuff, and it cool to see wool that cheap. I half expected that the...

In Gear Deals » vancouver - sugoi factory sale
November 20, 9:47am

fabric combos
Epic will wet out pretty quick under a load (ie. shoulder straps), you might want to try a true wpb in those areas to extend the range. Similar to what Arc' did with the Alpha Comp Hoody, but l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Paging the fabric gurus
November 19, 2:40pm

condensation
The condensation in the room was likely cause by a few different factors, you guys breathing at night (the size of the cabin and ventilation factor in here), if you had any wet items you brought in...

In GEAR » Condensation question regarding my down quilt
November 15, 1:08pm

pictures
I updated the OP with some pictures, sorry for the bad quality, it's pretty dark out today. I hadn't thought about using the top for a bear canister. The top forms a pretty flat surface ...

In GEAR » HMG Windrider backpack
November 07, 11:44am

re:
I'll try to get some pictures taken this weekend, I just don't have a lot of spare time. Anything in particular you'd like to see? I was pleasantly surprised by the weight too. T...

November 05, 8:30pm

HMG Windrider backpack
I thought I'd write a quick initial review of the HMG Windrider pack. I've been pretty busy with school and haven't had a chance to use it yet, so these are all just first impressions. ...

November 05, 3:50pm

tags
Take a look at the tags (or take pictures of them) it should give you an indication when it was made (year at least). Given the color I'd guess early 90's.

In GEAR » Gear history question
November 01, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by William Johnsen

William Johnsen has posted no reviews.